• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Millions of dollars lost from ag accounts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs said:
Lonecowboy said:
jigs said:
so, are you trying to grow govt. by adding a lot more police, or is the average Joe, supposed to watch over and report you, like in "1984", or possibly you want a system like Hitlers Brown Coats....

you are not a Liberal jackass any more...you seem like a Communist...just like the crook in the White House....

excuse me, oldtimer calls himself a libertarian- :roll: :roll:
he calls himself a LOT of things....have yet to see him prove one of them.

At least the Men in Black aren't watching him from the bushes!!!!

the men in black have lost thier grip, I no longer fear them. actually, I think that they felt the same way I do, and were only out here investigating because it was an order from Washington.

while I do not encourage the idea of going out and shooting anyone, I stand by my right as an American, to own my guns, and use them to protect me and my interests against anything. and currently, I think the greatest threat to America is not Commie China or Russia, but the systematic take over of our nation my radical muslims.
the entire religion they follow is based on, be muslim, or be dead. one day, we will be playing Cowboys and Muslims....

jigs said:
the men in black have lost thier grip, I no longer fear them. actually, I think that they felt the same way I do, and were only out here investigating because it was an order from Washington.

while I do not encourage the idea of going out and shooting anyone, I stand by my right as an American, to own my guns, and use them to protect me and my interests against anything. and currently, I think the greatest threat to America is not Commie China or Russia, but the systematic take over of our nation my radical muslims.
the entire religion they follow is based on, be muslim, or be dead. one day, we will be playing Cowboys and Muslims....

No but keep it up and you'' be fearful of your cell mate named Bubba......

He'll be riding you like cowboy

afraid of kolo=jingo=lulu=allie??
Her cousin bubba keeps her busy, lets her up for Starbucks and a few wild a$$ed comments on here , if the rest of the guys are not there :wink:

You missed this question, Oldtimer:

Texan said:
So, do you share with President Obama the feeling that Jon Corzine would be a good Treasury Secretary?

Former MF Global CEO Jon Corzine will not answer questions from a congressional committee seeking to get to the bottom of the brokerage firm's collapse, The Post has learned.

Corzine, who has been subpoenaed to testify before the House Agriculture Committee tomorrow, is expected to plead the Fifth Amendment in response to most hard-hitting questions, sources said.

That means the one person who may know the whereabouts of the $1.2 billion in missing customer cash will not be giving up much.

One source close the committee said while he might provide a limited statement, Corzine — the former New Jersey Governor and CEO of Goldman Sachs — was not expected to "say anything of substance" during the hearing.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/exclusive_fifth_house_hearing_thursday_fnyYVnzW0F2i3LL6MqEhGN#ixzz1fwjfgqzi

Oldtimer said:
This isn't a Repub or Dem issue-- its a bunch of crooks issue...

A bunch of crooks that continue to prove they can't be trusted without government supervision and babysitting ...

http://globetribune.info/2011/12/12/obama-biden-and-their-friend-jon-corzine-videos/

Texan said:
Texan said:
You missed this question, Oldtimer:

Texan said:
So, do you share with President Obama the feeling that Jon Corzine would be a good Treasury Secretary?

with a trillion dollar porkulus bill Corzin would have "found" more in his hands, and lost more..

thus being more successful as a treasury secretary.. then a bank/fund CEO who only lost 1.2 billion..

After listening to the testimony of the CME Executive Chairman Terry Duffy- it appears when the investigation gets thru there will be evidence to not only charge Corzine for comingling/transfering customer funds but probably with perjury since he was egotisical enough to testify- and according to Duffy- flat out lie....
Corzines major concern may soon be who will be his cellmate...

SEC charges former execs of Fannie, Freddie

By Aaron Smith @CNNMoney December 16, 2011: 12:01 PM ET

The Securities and Exchange Commission charged Daniel Mudd, former chief executive officer of Freddie Mac, and Richard Syron, former CEO of Fannie Mae, with securities fraud.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The Securities and Exchange Commission charged six former executives of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac with securities fraud on Friday for misrepresenting their holdings of high-risk mortgage loans.

The SEC is targeting three former executives of Freddie Mac (FMCC, Fortune 500), including chief executive officer Daniel Mudd, chief risk officer Enrico Dallavecchia and executive vice president of single-family mortgage business Thomas Lund.

The agency is also going after three former executives of Fannie Mae (FNMA, Fortune 500): CEO Richard Syron, executive vice president and chief business officer Patricia Cook and executive vice president for the single family guarantee business Donald Bisenius.

The SEC is seeking financial penalties against them, but did not specify an amount.

The suit claims that the executives knowingly approved of misleading statements, downplayed the size of their holdings of subprime loans and falsely claimed that their risky investments were minimal and manageable.

"Fannie and Freddie were not innocent victims, but were major players in a game they helped design and develop," said SEC attorney Andrew Stoltmann. "The bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac has cost American taxpayers in excess of $168 billion with potentially another $51 billion to come."

"The executives who engaged in this conducts must be held liable," he said.

A lawyer for Syron did not immediately respond to CNNMoney's request for comment, and Mudd's lawyer declined to comment.

Mortgage finance giants Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, which play a central role in the U.S. housing market by keeping the cost of mortgages lower, received the biggest federal bailout of the financial crisis, topping $124 billion.

In addition, top executives have drawn some $100 million in pay.

The U.S. government took over Fannie and Freddie on Sept. 7, 2008, along with the $5 trillion in home loans they were backing at the time. That's when Mudd and Syron left the companies.

Maybe if the SEC, CFTC, and FBI keep going after these crooks they can fill a Bankers Prison...

The sad thing is that with this following on the events that led to the Bush Bust of 2008- confidence in any type of investing/banking activity is about Nil... Used Car salesmen and streetcorner Hookers have higher credibility and professionalism evaluations than investment bankers and politicians anymore..

See Texan, he still doesn't answer the question<<< Just sidesteps it and BLAMES Bush when most of the experts say NO!!!!!!

If he does not balme Bush he does not get that warm wet feeling in his Depends :D :D :D :D

Hey OT, which party did these guys being prosecuted belong to, and why did they use Barney Frank to shield their actions from the regulatory agencies?

Any idea why Barney is retiring?

hypocritexposer said:
Hey OT, which party did these guys being prosecuted belong to, and why did they use Barney Frank to shield their actions from the regulatory agencies?

Any idea why Barney is retiring?

I have no idea which party they belong to- nor do I care- as they are crooks... Which have been shown to come from both cults...
And these Fatcats pay off politicians on both sides just to cover all ground- altho they usually stick the most money with the side they believe will win...

But I do know who some of these Fatcats entities hired to "consult" ( :roll: ) for them....

Romney on whether Gingrich lobbied: 'When it walks like a duck...'

Posted by
CNN Political Producer Rachel Streitfeld
Charleston, South Carolina (CNN) - Visiting a state where Newt Gingrich enjoys a commanding lead, Mitt Romney said Saturday he expected to peel off some of the former House speaker's tea party support as voters learn more about Gingrich's record.

Romney was making a two-day swing through South Carolina accompanied by Gov. Nikki Haley, who said she endorsed the GOP candidate in part because he had not worked in Washington.

Romney made that comparison explicit in remarks to the media in Charleston, hitting Gingrich for his work with troubled mortgage giant Freddie Mac.

When asked whether Gingrich's work could be considered lobbying – a characterization Gingrich has strongly denied – Romney said he would let the lawyers decide.

"But you know, when it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, typically it's a duck," he said.

He again pointed to the $1.6 million Gingrich earned consulting with Freddie Mac.

"I think as tea partiers concentrate on that. For instance, they'll say, 'Wow, this really isn't the guy that would represent our views'," Romney said. "I think the tea party is anxious to have people who are outside Washington coming in to change Washington, as opposed to people who stayed in Washington for thirty years."

During a tele-town hall with Iowa voters the same morning, Gingrich said much of the compensation had been used to pay overhead for his Washington consulting firm.

Romney spread some blame onto Congress, as well, as he spoke at a town hall hosted by tea party-backed freshman Rep. Tim Scott on Saturday.

"It's hard to expect a bunch of kitty cats to all come together and march in lock step. That's just not going to happen," he said. "So the only way to herd cats is to have a leader."

But he did not directly answer a question about Congress' vote Saturday to temporarily extend a payroll tax credit until after the holidays, instead blaming the president for "demonizing and attacking" rather than leading.

Latest posts