• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

misc what not pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

R A said:
gcreekrch said:
Or this one

http://youtu.be/l2o9OjcWvJk :lol:

Somma them cutouts must be laminated pretty thick. :wink:

:D Gosh these songs sure are hitting home!!!... :D

I just flipped over my 7th big bale to feed I think. Haven't used many small squares. I feel they do pretty good...pretty good also with no supplementation other than just hay.

Thought I'd share this with ya....I may never be known as ol' 3 blows and he's got'er done RA, but I'm on my way to studying the art of hand shearing.... :D

You don't have a set of Sunbeam clippers in your collection do you? You can get a shearing head for them and you'll thank yourself over and over.

I used one for quite a while and then my BIL left his wall mount shearing machine here. Ears, legs, teats, if you aren't careful and they get in the way, they're coming off. :wink: Thankfulyy, I've only managed to get an ear or two and myself. Button holes don't count. :D

Taking down the dish....we cancelled the tv programming.

My brother was living in my office trailer at the gravel pit and wanted me to hook up dish for him - - - I refused and hooked his TV up to the old antenna that was already there - - - we pulled in 63 channels for free.

I like Dish for the history, RFD and science channels but most everything else I can get off an antenna for free.

gcreekrch said:
You don't have a set of Sunbeam clippers in your collection do you? You can get a shearing head for them and you'll thank yourself over and over.

I used one for quite a while and then my BIL left his wall mount shearing machine here. Ears, legs, teats, if you aren't careful and they get in the way, they're coming off. :wink: Thankfulyy, I've only managed to get an ear or two and myself. Button holes don't count. :D

I don't have any electric clippers of any kind yet. Someday I'll have some. With these sheep I'm getting into, the fair animals we'll be showing, mule manes and all that, I bet they will be a nice thing to have! The more I read on this blade shearing, it does intrigue me. I'll probably never have very many and think it might be a good thing to know how to do....kinda start at the bottom sorta thing. Sorry to hear about your sheep you just lost to that cat! Yeah, I'm worried for my sheep on what will come off with the wool while shearing and am anxious to laugh at what I made it look like.... :D

George said:
Taking down the dish....we cancelled the tv programming.

My brother was living in my office trailer at the gravel pit and wanted me to hook up dish for him - - - I refused and hooked his TV up to the old antenna that was already there - - - we pulled in 63 channels for free.

I like Dish for the history, RFD and science channels but most everything else I can get off an antenna for free.

Wow, 63 free channels! Antennas don't work at all anywhere any more do they???? I kinda miss a lot of shows I learned a lot from. Our family life is already better though and becoming more wholesome with playing more board games and that kinda stuff. I found it silly that sometimes we don't get all the milk at the store we could use, but we are paying for things like dish network, so we did something about... :D Besides, I have seasons 1-4 of Duck Dynasty on dvd....what more needs to be playing on the tube if it is on... :D

Also....lol...wow, when I called to cancel dish, they wanted to know why... I said we are getting rid of all extra stuff and are poor. They then tried to get me to stay a consumer by lowering the bill a few dollars...then wanted me to pay them every month to cancel it but have it on suspension...then wanted me to sign up and pay for things like road side assistance and stuff.... :???: .. :D

Silver said:
Awesome pics and I have to say I'm really enjoying this thread!
Here is my contribution to the tough times songs, but I have to say I hadn't heard that one by Stompin Tom, I may have to learn that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3A6Z462SBs

Thanks!

:D ...more funny songs you and hayguy put on here!!!... :D ...makes being poor seem cooler than ever being rich... :D

Many people don't know there are more free ( yes you must watch the commercials ) channels than ever before and the old antennas work great - - - you just have to have a digital ( under about 10 years old ) TV or you must have an adapter box.

I still have an antenna that I bought new in 1993 when I built the house and I can tune to channel 3 and watch dish or go to any other of the offered channels ( 13.3 is METV )

About 1/2 of the arms of the antenna have broken off over the years and it still brings in over 60 channels, I don't know if a new one would improve my reception but I watch "free TV" as much as dish.

gcreekrch said:
http://youtu.be/HTMvtII8Elk

Thanks for throwing that one up Gcreek. It was and remains on of my favorite county pieces ever. Murray Mclauchlan captured a lot in a few words about farming. So it was sure good to hear it again.

Murray's music deserves to be heard - it deals with a lot of real life stuff in a very moving manner. For instance - "Shoeshine Workin' Song"

Latest posts