• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Missing Zebra Prompts Search

Help Support Ranchers.net:

EastTexasGal

Reaction score
Beware you Canuks...stud loose...lol. Just see all them zebra crosses coming your way.

Missing Zebra Prompts Search
by: Erin Ryder, Staff Writer
December 13 2006 Article # 8405

Article Tools

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Mounties) are searching for an escapee of the striped variety; they're organizing a search for Zebastian, a zebra stallion that escaped from his Calgary-area home, The Edmonton Sun has reported.

Edson Royal Canadian Mounted Police Const. Curtis Peters told the paper the zebra was reported missing last Saturday (Dec. 9).

Peters said Zebastian was kept alone in a pen on pasture because hedid not get along with the owner's other horses and has a history of aggressive behavior.

The Edmonton Sun reported Zebastian's owner was planning to donate him to an exotic animal park because of his wild ways. The owner has warned the public not to try to pet the zebra or lead him as though he's a regular horse.

Peters told the paper foul play is not suspected in Zebastian's disappearance.

Anyone spotting the striped fugitive is asked to call Crime Stoppers or the RCMP.

For more information see www.rcmp.ca.

I really do hope the little fella is okay...

Easty

But he is not yur average zebra,can't hide in the snow because he is brown with black stipes.Besides the RCMP always get there man-I mean zebra

They will surely have their hands full as zebras in general, esp the studs, are mean little buggers.

I had one here for about 2 wks once, the neighborhood kids came up with once in a ' deal' and needed a place to hold him, and I had always thought I'd like to have one. NO WAY, not now, nor ever again.

I was sooooo glad to see that thing leave!!!

Considering the reputation of wild zebra where I farmed, the Mounties better make sure they don't have a spate of Zorse foals! (useless things by the way)

Well all I can say is he must be a traveler,because he escaped from a Calgary area home...South,and an Edson RCMP was doing the lookin...North. LOL.

Andybob,how far and how fast do they travel?

I'd check in Northern's barn. Probably took the little fellow to improve his bucking stock! I hear those little things can shoot you to the moon! :D

LOL I didnt even catch that...just thought it was a fun clip. He will be defenitely looking for company though...so he might be doing some real traveling.

:roll: :roll: :lol:

Easty

Latest posts