• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mississippi Delta Flooding pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bootheel

Reaction score
Pictures from off the ridge, 1 mile east of here.

Dropping off into the bottoms
052.jpg
[/img]

I am pretty sure there was corn planted here
053.jpg
[/img]

054.jpg
[/img]

055.jpg
[/img]

059.jpg
[/img]
This is the same river that runs through our place, once the levees gave way, the water started dropping on us.
060.jpg
[/img]

Jesus bird, walking on water
063.jpg
[/img]

The waves were doing more harm here than the water level
064.jpg
[/img]

School is back in session, here, things still dicey for a lot of folks, but looks like the flood for us has peaked for us.

Are you near Poplar Bluff, then? My Grandma left Doniphan to marry a homesteader in Co. Seems folks are flooded or droughted out. You have way too much of a good thing.

Well Bootheel- we are sending you more water- via the Milk, Missouri, and into the Mississippi...
Started flooding here about the 5th of May- water over our roads on the 8th- the last day I was to town was the 7th-- sent the wife to live at the daughters on the 9th-- Crested on the 16th- and have been working semi stranded thru the 3rd highest crest on the Milk in history....(About a week ago the neighbors got a crossing on a washed out Dam fixed- which gives us a route to town thru prairie trails...But it makes it a 60 mile trip to get 5 miles..)

Water is slowly receding- and some are driving thru foot to 2 foot high water in 4 wheel drives- but with the roads washing out- it ain't worth it to me...Some drove thru the 3+ foot high water all during the flood with 4 wheel drive tractors-- but that is also the reason the road is about gone...

I heard today an 83 year old neighbor got stuck in the tractor ruts on the flooded roads and had to walk about a 1/4 mile thru foot deep water to get help...

Going to town isn't that important to me... Going on Day 21 of being flooded in...Altho they are predicting it will start dropping fast now- and may be below flood stage by the weekend...Hopefully the County boys can get the road patched quick- and we can start hauling out pairs to pasture....

But its all headed your way....We will share with you our "Winter from He!!" :wink: :p

Shortgrass said:
Are you near Poplar Bluff, then? My Grandma left Doniphan to marry a homesteader in Co. Seems folks are flooded or droughted out. You have way too much of a good thing.
We are east of PB about 50 miles, they are in terrible shape right now, Black River is out big, and the St. Francis as well.......not my water or drainage, but about the same deal

Oldtimer, I realize there are time zone differences the world over, but are you sure your area started flooding on the 5th of May? If that's the case I think daylight savings has us WAY behind. :wink:

Bootheel, hope the water goes down soon for you. Keep your nose above it.

It appears there is some dampness in the air out there... :shock:

Latest posts