• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mixer Mill

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
Evenin' folks. Has anyone seen a good NH 357/358 or 359 mixer mill in their travels relatively close to southern BC, AB or Northern Washington/Idaho? I'd like to find one by spring. Any I've found on the net thus far have been a long ways off, or ones in AB were worn out. Thanks.

Haha... finally something that i know something about...worked for a feedlot in the 70's-80's that would wear one out every year to eighteen month's,( i was the guy stuffing bales in). you really want a 58 or a59, they would handle pretty much a straight roughage ration,the 57's needed a fair amount of grain in the ration in order for it to unload with out bridging in the tank. the flat bottomed JD's were pretty good as well. parts for both are getting tough to find . Good Luck in your search,you might find one that's beein hiding in someones shed Spring Auction season is coming

Thanks Hayguy, that's why we ask and share on this site, great knowledge and experience and you never know where it will come from. LOL

I didn't know that difference between the 57 to the 58 or 59. I'll keep it in mind. I want to be able to mix grain for 4-H calves and poultry or blend in some alfalfa for hogs and such, so that's great to know.

Not sure I'll have time to go to many auctions, but if a guy finds one at least he can send a bid or have a friend go check itout in most cases.

Latest posts