• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

mj - romney invested millions in chinese firm..

Help Support Ranchers.net:

reading between the lines..

Mitt Romney's getting stomped in the news cycle, about outsourcing, wealth and Bain Capital. While it's no surprise that he's accidentally one of the people raining down the fiercest blows,

The targets on Romney are both personal and professional.

the media with a agenda will always try to destroy a conservative challenger

hypocritexposer said:
hypocritexposer said:
the Dems. know that they can attack Romney on is Bain Capital relationship during the general.......if they were not saving these attacks, they would be putting them out there now.....so as to have a candidate win that they think does not have a chance of beating obama.......

People like OT are falling for this strategy.....

Oldtimer said:
And like I said before- if I was doing this to support Obama- I'd be praising Santorum and/or Gingrich-- as just like the Dem party believes I don't think they stand a chance of winning against Obama in a general election... The reason they are putting all their money into fighting Romney already...

the best thing that could happen at this point is for at least one more of the conservatives that are splitting the vote to drop out and for the other 2 left to expose Romney for what he is......take over the strategy that the obama campaign is hoping to use later on.....

obama will have to campaign on his record against a true conservative, instead of personal attacks against a liberal republican later.......

the occupy movement that groups that are campaigning for obama are spearheading are all part of the same strategy.....

"Romney is part of the 1%, for big business, and part of the collapse of 2008"

they'd rather campaign against someone like romney and continue their class warfare, than campaign against a Tea Partier

How's that attack on Bain Capital going so far? Will obama continue to attack capitalism, yet take huge donations from some of the biggest, if not the biggest equity firms in the World?

How many people did obama layoff at GM, to "save the company"

:lol:

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=570187#570187

Steve said:
reading between the lines..

Mitt Romney's getting stomped in the news cycle, about outsourcing, wealth and Bain Capital. While it's no surprise that he's accidentally one of the people raining down the fiercest blows,

The targets on Romney are both personal and professional.

the media with a agenda will always try to destroy a conservative challenger

So why are all these supposed R culters and supposed conservatives joining in on the stomping and apparent attempts to destroy Romney...

Bill Kristol: Romney 'Should Release The Tax Returns Tomorrow'

By Judd Legum on Jul 15, 2012 at 10:05 am

Influential conservative commentator Bill Kristol added his name to the growing list of Republicans calling on Mitt Romney to release his tax returns. Kristol said that Romney should release additional returns "tommorrow" and recommended releasing 6 to 10 additional years:

Here's what he should do. He should release the tax returns tomorrow. This is crazy… you've got to release 6, 8, 10 years of back tax returns. Take the hit for a day or two. Then give a serious speech on Thursday…

Kristol joins Alabama Governor Robert Bentley, former Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour and strategist Ana Navarro as prominent Republicans calling on Romney to release his tax returns.

Update
On ABC News, two other prominent Republicans, Matt Dowd and George Will, called on Romney to release more returns:
MATT DOWD: There is obviously something because if there was nothing there he would say have it…But I think the bigger thing is, it's arrogance. Many of these politicians think I can do this, I can get away with this.

STEPHANAPOULOS …[George Will] You are nodding your head at that.

GEORGE WILL: Absolutely. Mitt Romney has said he has released all that's necessary for people to understand "something" about my finances. Now "something" is a pregnant word… The costs of not releasing the returns are clear, therefore he must have calculated there are higher costs to releasing them.

Update
AP finds another Republican who wants Romney to release more returns: "'There is no whining in politics,' chided John Weaver, a veteran Republican strategist. 'Stop demanding an apology, release your tax returns.'"

Pizz on the school records. I want to know what nation's passport he was travelling under when he visited Pakistan in the early 80's. Or has Old Whiskeybreath seen that, too?

So why are all these supposed R culters and supposed conservatives joining in on the stomping and apparent attempts to destroy Romney...

are they the same ones who said Romney was the most electable?

hypocritexposer said:
Where are obama's school records, so we can learn more about him?

that is a trump question..

funny how trump (a democrat) has muddied the issue of Obama's past so much so they can now dismiss any question based on trump inability to handle on other past issues?

TSR said:
Private investments during a presidential election may not matter to you but they might to others, Texan. BTW did any previous presidents send much money overseas?? Not that both partys haven't been guilty.
Did you care as much about what Barack Obama was doing 13 years prior to you selling your soul to him? In other words, what was he doing in 1995? Do you know? Did you check it out? Did you care?

578724_326440867443961_1563951330_n.jpg

Texan said:
TSR said:
Private investments during a presidential election may not matter to you but they might to others, Texan. BTW did any previous presidents send much money overseas?? Not that both partys haven't been guilty.
Did you care as much about what Barack Obama was doing 13 years prior to you selling your soul to him? In other words, what was he doing in 1995? Do you know? Did you check it out? Did you care?

Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland in January 1994, a civil rights law firm on the near north side of Chicago on Erie Street.

He wasn't friendly and was standoffish and arrogant from the start
My first impression was that I didn't like him because of this arrogance.

Q. You told me the law firm you worked for dealt with civil rights. So would it be safe to say Obama was a champion for the downtrodden and less fortunate? What were your personal impressions of Obama? Did he seem like helping the poor was his primary agenda?

A. I didn't feel at the time Obama cared about the downtrodden and less fortunate and I still don't feel that way. I didn't see any proof of that at all during the 11 months I worked there. I don't have any knowledge of Obama helping in the community in any way.

So that the public would know that Sen. Barack Obama is not a nice, easygoing charmer as he portrays himself on TV. He was a hard, unapproachable, very driven and ambitious person. He was also very self-centered, self-concerned and self-focused. I wouldn't ever want him to be President as I feel he would make a lot of mistakes in office because of his defensiveness and self-centered attitude. I don't think he could care for the people of America as he acts like he does. If he couldn't care for people in a small office with a small staff, which would have been relatively easy, how can he care what happens to the poor and downtrodden?

at about the same time he was suing Citibank to force them to make sub-prime loans ..

http://iusbvision.wordpress.com/2008/09/30/obama-sued-citibank-under-cra-to-force-it-to-make-bad-loans/

this was right after writing,...

In that book, called "Dreams From My Father", he writes that he used marijuana and cocaine ("maybe a little blow".) Oddly enough, he writes that he didn't try heroin because -- wait for it -- he didn't like the pusher who was selling it.

The law is clear that in most states, possession of even small amounts of cocaine is a Felony,

no need for innuendo on that one... :?

Romney Camp Divided on Releasing Tax Returns

The story of Mitt Romney's tax returns continues to dominate the news and is now causing a split within the Romney camp itself. The problem is that the pressure to release them is building as more and more high-profile Republicans, now including Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), are calling for their release. From Romney's point of view, probably the most damaging call so far is an editorial in the National Review Online, the digital arm of the National Review telling him to get it over with and release them. The National Review has been America's premiere conservative magazine since its founding by the legendary William F. Buckley, Jr. in 1955. Even political opponents of the magazine have always respected it for its civil tone and well-reasoned arguments.

According to Wikipedia, the National Review Online Website gets more hits per day than all other conservative magazine Websites combined. When its editors think Romney should release his returns, Romney cannot argue that it is just partisan Democrats who want to dig for dirt. While some Republican strategists think he will ultimately have to release more, the buck stops with Romney himself.

Despite the increasing pressure, Romney is holding steady and saying he is not going to release any more. Period. If there is one thing Romney is really good at, it is estimating risk. His whole business career was built on his ability to spot suitable takeover targets and estimate whether he could make enough money from them to take the risk of ending up holding an empty bag. He knows what is in those returns and has apparently decided that the danger of releasing them is worth allowing Obama to create an image of him as a rich guy who uses fancy accountants to just stay barely within the law. What could possibly be in there?

One story has six hypotheses:

1.His income in some years was even higher than we think it is
2.His tax rate in some years might have been (close to) zero
3.He might actually have something to hide
4.Huge donations to the Mormon church might raise questions
5.He is just being arrogant
6.The returns are perfectly OK but would divert attention to them for weeks

Aside from the tax returns themselves, there is another piece of documentation that hasn't been in the news much, his FBAR reports. Anyone with foreign bank accounts is required by law to file a form annually with the Treasury Dept. listing them all and telling how much money is in each one. Romney's accountants certainly know this and he no doubt filed, but those reports would show how much money he had stashed outside America. While there is no limit on how much you can have in foreign countries as long as you report it on the FBAR form, people will wonder why he had so much abroad if he was paying taxes on it.

Yet another financial issue that hasn't had much press is Romney's IRA, known to be worth between $21 million and $102 million. How did he get so much money into a tax-deferred account? If he used a SEP-IRA his employer, Bain Capital, could have contributed a maximum of $450,000 during his tenure there. How did it grow so fast? One theory is that Bain contributed the stock of companies it had bought and valued them very low. If, for example, Bain valued each share of stock at 1 cent, it could have contributed up to 45 million shares of stock to the IRA. Some of these have gone up 1000x or more. Releasing this information would immediately lead to a discussion of whether the valuations where reasonable, something Romney does not need.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/07/the-top-10-things-mitt-romney-might-be-hiding-in-his-tax-returns/260047/

the list is meant to be humour, which i thot was not too hot, but the comments were interesting

Romney is loving every minute of the whinning from everyone just wanting to satisfy their curiosity more than anything. He's done all the law requires and apprently everything he's done is certainly within the law as IRS has had no problems with the returns. Maybe he'll buy a huge bag of Mardi Gras beads and throw them to Buckwheat and tell him "show me your papers... all of them".

Oldtimer said:
Romney Camp Divided on Releasing Tax Returns

The story of Mitt Romney's tax returns continues to dominate the news and is now causing a split within the Romney camp itself. The problem is that the pressure to release them is building as more and more high-profile Republicans, now including Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), are calling for their release. From Romney's point of view, probably the most damaging call so far is an editorial in the National Review Online, the digital arm of the National Review telling him to get it over with and release them. The National Review has been America's premiere conservative magazine since its founding by the legendary William F. Buckley, Jr. in 1955. Even political opponents of the magazine have always respected it for its civil tone and well-reasoned arguments.

According to Wikipedia, the National Review Online Website gets more hits per day than all other conservative magazine Websites combined. When its editors think Romney should release his returns, Romney cannot argue that it is just partisan Democrats who want to dig for dirt. While some Republican strategists think he will ultimately have to release more, the buck stops with Romney himself.

Despite the increasing pressure, Romney is holding steady and saying he is not going to release any more. Period. If there is one thing Romney is really good at, it is estimating risk. His whole business career was built on his ability to spot suitable takeover targets and estimate whether he could make enough money from them to take the risk of ending up holding an empty bag. He knows what is in those returns and has apparently decided that the danger of releasing them is worth allowing Obama to create an image of him as a rich guy who uses fancy accountants to just stay barely within the law. What could possibly be in there?

One story has six hypotheses:

1.His income in some years was even higher than we think it is
2.His tax rate in some years might have been (close to) zero
3.He might actually have something to hide
4.Huge donations to the Mormon church might raise questions
5.He is just being arrogant
6.The returns are perfectly OK but would divert attention to them for weeks

Aside from the tax returns themselves, there is another piece of documentation that hasn't been in the news much, his FBAR reports. Anyone with foreign bank accounts is required by law to file a form annually with the Treasury Dept. listing them all and telling how much money is in each one. Romney's accountants certainly know this and he no doubt filed, but those reports would show how much money he had stashed outside America. While there is no limit on how much you can have in foreign countries as long as you report it on the FBAR form, people will wonder why he had so much abroad if he was paying taxes on it.

Yet another financial issue that hasn't had much press is Romney's IRA, known to be worth between $21 million and $102 million. How did he get so much money into a tax-deferred account? If he used a SEP-IRA his employer, Bain Capital, could have contributed a maximum of $450,000 during his tenure there. How did it grow so fast? One theory is that Bain contributed the stock of companies it had bought and valued them very low. If, for example, Bain valued each share of stock at 1 cent, it could have contributed up to 45 million shares of stock to the IRA. Some of these have gone up 1000x or more. Releasing this information would immediately lead to a discussion of whether the valuations where reasonable, something Romney does not need.

Hypothesis is all you have? :D Oooh, that is scary stuff. Probably see him on trial for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo

Tam said:
TSR said:
Leaving "active management" doesn't necessarily equate to having no influenence. But nevertheless, anyone really interested should just go to Wikipedia and type in Bain Capital in the search engine and read the entire passage and make up their own mind.

You overlook a few key words in my posting OK farmer---read, RESEARCH, and make up their own minds. Wikipedia is slanted??? I'm glad Rnet has no slanted posts. Again as with any site--read, research, and reach a conclusion if possible.

GEE I doubt anyone is referring anyone to ranchers to get information to make up their own mind on, like you did with Wikipedia. :wink:

This is a DISSCUSSION PAGE meant to discuss differing points of view. If somebody comes here and reads something and believes it full heartedly without doing a bit of research on the issue then they get what they paid for AN OPINION that may or may not be backed by FACTS.

But when they are recommended to go to Wikipedia as an information source to make up their mind on an issue then they should beable to think that just maybe it is a website put together to provide credible information and not AN OPINION THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE BACKED UP WITH FACTS posted by who knows who with who knows what agenda. :roll:

:D Tam, I believe that was his long winded way of agreeing with me, that my original statement was correct.

July 19th, 2012
02:00 PM ET

Poll shows Americans want to see Romney's tax returns
Posted by
CNN Political Unit
(CNN) – A majority of Americans say presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney should release income tax information beyond the two years he's already disclosed.

The USA Today/Gallup survey showed 54% of those surveyed felt Romney should release tax returns from additional years, compared to 37% who said Romney should not release more returns.

------

In Thursday's poll, 30% of self-identified Republicans said Romney should release more of his returns, compared to 75% of Democrats and 53% of Independents who said the same.

Oldtimer said:
July 19th, 2012

Posted by
CNN Political Unit
(CNN) – A majority of Americans say presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney should release income tax information beyond the two years he's already disclosed.

The USA Today/Gallup survey showed 54% of those surveyed felt Romney should release tax returns from additional years, compared to 37% who said Romney should not release more returns.

------

In Thursday's poll, 30% of self-identified Republicans said Romney should release more of his returns, compared to 75% of Democrats and 53% of Independents who said the same.

Another prostituted poll from the Clinton News Network. :roll: :roll:
Oh, wait, CNN didn't do that poll...somebody else did it!

Go crawl back in the bottle, old man. Romney shouldn't release squat unless your Messiah and pivot man releases his college information, passport info, etc. We don't know where this clown was born, where he went to school, what his grades were, how his schooling was paid for, his passport information, why he was issued a Connecticut SSN, how he got into Pakistan in the early '80's, etc.

All we know about him for sure is is freely admitted doing drugs as a youth. That's something to be proud of. :roll:

Oldtimer said:
July 19th, 2012

Posted by
CNN Political Unit

------

:D You have nothing, nothing. Why do you want more documents than required? Because you have nothing. :lol:

The guy that won't give out anything has a publisher that stated he was Kenyan for how many years? And his wife has been recorded stating the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk3OMRqO7aY

and you want more tax returns? Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids.

Latest posts