• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Montana Weaver Ranch horses

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Curly

Reaction score
Any body know anything about the Weaver ranch in Montana? They sell their horses at a sale in Great Falls each September.

Their bloodlines look like foundation blood, which I love. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for the PM FH. Sounds like a sale I better go take a look at. Too bad I have to wait until fall. :( Finding a good young gelding is never easy.

Curly, if you don't want to wait till Sept., Head to Cody WY this weekend.

Jake Clark is putting on the Cody Wild West Day catalog horse sale this weekend in Cody. It will be in front of the famous Irma Hotel right on the main drag going through town. Preview is Sat. May 9 at 8 AM, sale at 1 PM. Here is a link to the weekend schedule and catalog.

http://www.codywildwestdays.com/

Also, I was at the Weaver sale last Sept. and was truly impressed with the horses and the people behind them.

If your looking for horses with a little more "ear" then head to Cody WY on Fathers Day weekend in June for Jake's Clark's Mule Days.

Wow. That was easy to navigate. I didn't take the time to look at all the horses--or what they said about the horses anyway. Some nice horses seem to be offered. Now I want to go to the sale, but I'd buy something...

For Curly: #15 is a Weaver horse and at one time, Diamond Cutter was
my favorite stud that Weavers had.

#88 is a Boon Dox John and I really like those horses. Our daughter
has one that is an amazing horse.

Thanks for posting the link!! I enjoyed looking!

We have some Weaver bred horses at home. They are good horses and know how to work.

I also went to school at WSU with their son Daniel my junior and senior year. We had some wild nights!!

Faster horses said:
Haymaker, that's WYO QH Sale--Bill Smith.
Talk about spendy horses, there you have it!!!

Well,you wanna good horse,Dont you ? :D :D
good luck

Curly said:
Any body know anything about the Weaver ranch in Montana? They sell their horses at a sale in Great Falls each September.

Their bloodlines look like foundation blood, which I love. Any info would be appreciated.

Have a friend that bought 5 of their horses over the last 9 years
They are breeding them a little different now it seems more for cutting

horsegirl66 said:
Have a friend that bought 5 of their horses over the last 9 years
They are breeding them a little different now it seems more for cutting

Was she happy with the horses? Any issues?

Latest posts