• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Montana's new Governor

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Lonecowboy

Reaction score
say oldtimer- and anyone else who wants to wade in:

it looks like we got more choices than Baskin -Robbins for our new governor- every color and stripe possible- even some with nuts

what is your favorite flavor??

Lonecowboy said:

it looks like we got more choices than Baskin -Robbins for our new governor- every color and stripe possible- even some with nuts

Yeah and we have 2 more months before the final filing date :shock: I don't know who most of them are...
The only one I've met and even slightly know is Steve Bullock- who was a prosecutor for the Montana Department of Justice before running for Attorney General...I supported him in the last election because he was a good prosecutor- backed by most the law enforcement in the state as a straight shooter- and endorsed by Marc Racicot... (Can't even remember who ran against him...)
I got a chance to visit with him again when he was in town for the award ceremony for the officers involved in hunting down our nutcase shooter that shot the EMT- where I had been honored to be asked to award the commendation medals... Seemed like a down to earth guy..

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

Yeah and we have 2 more months before the final filing date :shock: I don't know who most of them are...
The only one I've met and even slightly know is Steve Bullock- who was a prosecutor for the Montana Department of Justice before running for Attorney General...I supported him in the last election because he was a good prosecutor- backed by most the law enforcement in the state as a straight shooter- and endorsed by Marc Racicot... (Can't even remember who ran against him...)
I got a chance to visit with him again when he was in town for the award ceremony for the officers involved in hunting down our nutcase shooter that shot the EMT- where I had been honored to be asked to award the commendation medals... Seemed like a down to earth guy..

yep bullock-the biggest Liberal and only democrat in the herd- go figure! :shock:

there is a Libertarian choice, Robert Fanning, I thought you might back him since you are such a Constitution lovin libertarian :D

what about Cory Stapelton. Ken Miller and Rick Hill- don't you like any of them?

Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

yep bullock-the biggest Liberal and only democrat in the herd- go figure! :shock:

there is a Libertarian choice, Robert Fanning, I thought you might back him since you are such a Constitution lovin libertarian :D

what about Cory Stapelton. Ken Miller and Rick Hill- don't you like any of them?

Never heard of Fanning, Stapleton, or Miller....Can't stand Rick Hill... Hes another one of those that is too concerned about putting their noses in everyones personal issues- but then can't walk the talk...

His jumping all over Nancy Keenan when she ran against him for Congress- and criticizing her lifestyle in the 2000 campaign because she was not married and had no children (which it came out she'd had a hysterectomy at a young age because of illness)- while he claimed to be the perfect "family man" ( which than came out he'd had had a snidely affair, nasty divorce, and child custody battle- and was on his second wife ) left me a bad impression of him, as it did many in the state.... It was bad enough it killed his reelection chances and he dropped out of the race- which put Rehberg in...

Montana probably has more Independents than any other state (nation is near 40% now) - with a very Libertarian leaning-- and while the state supports fiscal conservatism- is much more libertarian thinking on the social issues--- and doesn't think government should be running around telling folks how they should live their private lives in order to be the perfect "family man/woman"... So much so that he even still has supported laws that long ago were ruled unconstitutional by both the MT Supreme Court and the SCOTUS...

As far as who I'm supporting for Governor- I will wait to see who the field is made up of....

loomixguy said:
Oldtimer said:
As far as who I'm supporting for Governor- I will wait to see who the field is made up of....

Translation: "Whoever greases my palm FIRST!" :lol: :roll:

translation2:

I'm alraedy gurgling a foamy froth over bullock don't interupt me!

Latest posts