• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Moochers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
A lot of weird things have been going on at work.
We got in a new type of crackers but no one wanted to buy one to try them. So I bought a box. Nobody really liked them but I did. Told everyone they could try one. I left to go to a training session. When I got back over 3/4 of the box was gone! I had planned to take the crackers home to my family to try.
I caught one coworker with her hand in the box. When I went to get them they were all gone.
This same co-worker had used up all of my coffee creamer before but replaced it when I called her out on it.

Today was the last straw!

Last night I talked with the co-worker I was working with and we were talking about the schedule today how we were not going to get a lunch hour. So I told her I would get some stuff and make us a couple sandwiches. I spent over $30.00. Made us a couple of large sandwiches that I cut up into smaller pieces.
I offered some of these sandwiches to some of the others who are NOT moochers. They all thanked me for my thoughtfulness and said they loved the sandwiches.
Well the moochers found them and took what was left without asking nor thanking me!
These moochers got me in deep deep trouble with the owner last Thursday.

Normally there are plans to bring stuff in on Christmas Eve when we work that day. I'm not planning on bringing anything.

Between the crazy customers and moochers and slackers that you work with you should be looking for another job. :?

I haven't heard you say much good about this job and that kind of stress isn't good for anybody. Find something you enjoy.

When I was in college, there were moochers all over the place...food, beer, smokes, notes, and especially snuff. 3 or 4 of us (non moochers) would generally sit together in the dining area of the cafeteria in the student union. Sometimes we'd eat lunch, other times maybe just a small bag of Cheetos and an RC Cola, which at the time you could get in the vending machines for a quarter apiece. Fifty cent lunch, we called it. Seems like we always gathered a few moochers at the table before lunch time, looking for anything they could get.

One day, the core group had decided to buy lunch at the cafeteria before the moochers showed up. When we got up to go get in line, one of the moochers hit me up for a dip of snuff. I was ready for him. I made a big production out of getting the can out, and right before I handed it to him, I said "Oh, we're gonna go eat", and spit the chew in my mouth back into the can, then handed it to him and told him to help himself. He turned seven shades of green and decided he'd rather not have a chew right then. The main moocher wasn't phased one bit, took the can and popped a good sized dip in his mouth. :shock: I guess you can't win em all...

After that day, if one of the moochers asked for a chew, I just told them they sold it at the information desk.

I Luv Herfrds said:
We got in a new type of crackers but no one wanted to buy one to try them. So I bought a box. Nobody really liked them but I did. Told everyone they could try one. I left to go to a training session. When I got back over 3/4 of the box was gone! I had planned to take the crackers home to my family to try.
I caught one coworker with her hand in the box. When I went to get them they were all gone.
This same co-worker had used up all of my coffee creamer before but replaced it when I called her out on it.

Last night I talked with the co-worker I was working with and we were talking about the schedule today how we were not going to get a lunch hour. So I told her I would get some stuff and make us a couple sandwiches. I spent over $30.00. Made us a couple of large sandwiches that I cut up into smaller pieces.
I offered some of these sandwiches to some of the others who are NOT moochers. They all thanked me for my thoughtfulness and said they loved the sandwiches.
Well the moochers found them and took what was left without asking nor thanking me!

Normally there are plans to bring stuff in on Christmas Eve when we work that day. I'm not planning on bringing anything.

It is always difficult to have co-workers like that... Last year had a jar with chocolates at my desk and people would come from all over the floor toget their chocolate fix;some didn't even say anything "hi" just come and help themselves...I like to be generous, but iris difficult keep it up with those types of people. I stopped doing it right away...

You sure are drawn to drama my oldest step-son thrives on it no-matter where he works. My self I'd rather cut firewood for extra cash than deal with other people daily. But I would pack myself a lunch and let the rest of them go hungry. If your shareing food I was taught if you don't have enough for everyone don't bring any. I guess I'd just buck up and make plenty.I wonder if you complain when your Ice cream is cold.

sweetbasil said:
I Luv Herfrds said:

It is always difficult to have co-workers like that... Last year had a jar with chocolates at my desk and people would come from all over the floor toget their chocolate fix;some didn't even say anything "hi" just come and help themselves...I like to be generous, but iris difficult keep it up with those types of people. I stopped doing it right away...

I'd just put them in my desk out of sight out of mind and I would'nt worry so much about takeing care of ALL these less fortunate people the people that have their hand out most times don't really need it those that truly need it normally have enough pride to not be beggars. My wifes family grandparents and all of their siblings grew up poor but have since made out pretty well but they are the most selfish greedy people you'll ever meet they go to they food shelf in their new cars etc etc anything they can get for nothing. I've learned alot about people being the boss for 25 years some people can't be helped they are to lazy period and there's no way I'll help lazy people period.

I read your posts and can tell your a nice person most likely to nice you need to lookout for yourself. Get yourself establised you'll have plenty of time in your wonder years to do good deeds.Or if you feel the need donate your time helping out the elderly.

loomixguy said:
Denny said:
I wonder if you complain when your Ice cream is cold.

That particular sentence was uncalled for, IMO.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm not on facebook because I don't want to read about drama so if you post drama here expect a little guff.Or if you'd like I'll pour some powdered sugar on you and pat you on the head.And Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

loomixguy said:
It's clear you don't understand what Coffee Shop is about here. :roll:

It's clear I do If we were in a true "COFFEE SHOP" I'd razz anyone for the same reason. You better put on your jacket as your skin is awefully thin.

Big Muddy I have been looking for another job but so far I have not found one that will allow me to go on ambulance runs or time to go to training. Now with our son going to college I plan to help him as I can monetary wise.

Denny I would rather be home working on our ranch then dealing with these people any day of the week.

Hard being a generous person sweetbasil.

I was always taught to share with my friends and that is what I do. But when someone who is not my friend takes from me they are thieves. I took all my good coffee home too. I always figured if I made in the store coffee pot anyone could drink it, but when the beans started to disappear and no one was making coffee I was done there too. Now I will just bring it in on the Sundays I work.

Tell her to help her self to the crackers because you just like licking the salt off of them. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Like that idea Ned! Got her to quit taking my coffee creamer by telling her I was licking the spout!

Latest posts