• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More Fires in Texas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Been a heck of a day. The Magnolia fire is really bad. Prayers for all those folks...and the firefighters.

The fire that was closest to us...with the wind blowin it this direction...even had embers fallin this evening in the cow pasture! :shock: They've got it contained...but not out at this time. It's 1:30 am and I just don't know if I can crawl myself in bed and sleep anytime soon. As the crow flies it's about 8 to 9 miles away. But with embers fallin....kinda need to pay attention. Only good thing I can see from the google map is that there's lots of open pasture in front of the fire. So maybe they'll get it taken care of durin the night while the wind isn't blowin.

Bastrop area...we have friends there as well....they need prayers as well. That's a huge fire.

Then there's another to the north .... that's gettin pretty bad. They pulled the Texas Forest equipment off it to send to Bastrop area.

Perry needs to send in the Military stuff to these places and get these fires under control! I heard he was "gonna" but he shoulda done done it.

Strait south.....Magnolia Fire....about 4pm today. About 20 miles from us.
2011-09-06-002.jpg

Strait North.....Shiro/Bedias area....right at sundown... fire's about 5 miles from the cow pasture. But was droppin ashes and embers.
2011-09-06-009.jpg

Strait West....after the sun went down.
2011-09-06-013.jpg

I feel for any body involved ,In this area we have had several big fires that have effected long tine family ranches, in previous years .(2003&2010).I have a cousin &his family in killeen haven't seen any sign on facebook recently.wondering if that area is effected thoughts go out to all effected by this fire

My thoughts and prayers as well. Fires are not fun, the only benefit from one is that there won't be anything to burn if conditions are right again in the near future. The fires that have started here in the last few years never got close to any homes or ranches. They only cleaned up a lot of dead timber left by the pine beetle epidemic that probably wouldn't have gotten so out of hand if a few fires had been left to burn 25 years ago. There have been no fires here this year but conditions are right for one now.

Hope you folks get some rain soon.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
How's it look your direction today Trinity Man?

They still have some hot spots west of us and east of us it still burning in the Davy Crockett National Forest. We also had a small one about 10 miles from the ranch that was mostly in a open pasture. Ranchers in the area disked around and had they water tanks load from watering cattle and got it under control. I don't think I have any worry about a fire on us because its not much let to burn beside the hay I have been given the cattle.

I hear ya! Glad your ok. Yeap some are disking around their pastures here.

We finished the fella's firetruck we work for Sunday afternoon. It had a leak in the water tank. Had to drop the fuel tank and patch that...got it all back together..filled with water...tested and everything works. It's now sittin ready if needed.

Cool video of the smoke from the Fires in Texas from the International Space Station.

http://www.tecca.com/columns/see-the-texas-wildfires-ablaze-from-the-international-space-station/

Sure feel for you all and the terrible drought combined with fires. Thoughts and prayers are with ya! We lost our whole mountain in '94. Parts have never recovered while other places have come back with great grass. Stay safe. Fences, buildings, even cattle can be replaced, but people can't.

Latest posts