• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More Fun Than I Can Stand!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
You got that backwards. Tam is sic today. I don't know if the Illness or the medicine is worse but she's not feeling very good.

Sorry to hear that Miss Tam is under the weather. Tell her to take two aspirin and contact us in the morning. :wink:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Jinglebob said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
What ? you know a guy can't pass up a chance like that. They just don't come along every day. :cowboy:

Ok, OK, I won't sic Tam on you! :)

You got that backwards. Tam is sic today. I don't know if the Illness or the medicine is worse but she's not feeling very good.

Tel Tammy babe that Jinglebuddy sends his best wishes and you take good care of that poor little woman! :cry: :oops: :)

Northern Rancher said:
Want to see where I got it lol. I have a fairly thick emergency room file kind of know the routine lol.

you ranchers usually do have interesting records at the local emergency rooms!!! :D Broken ribs, smashed fingers, broken hands (usually from falling outta the saddle and landing on your hand to break the fall....literally!! :shock: ), cuts from barbed wire and OF COURSE, the ever-present sticking yourself with the needle when vaccinating the calves!! :?
BE CAREFUL, NR!!! :D
On another note, sure hope ms tam is feeling much better today!!! chicken soup cures just about anything!!! :wink:

One time we were working some cattle and my sister-in-laws boy friend (out of somewhere west, he was a G.I. at Fort Still) came out to help. I don't know if he was full of B.S. or if he really worked cattle before but he tried and did OK, but back to my story. I was branding, cutting the ears, and helping cut bulls; my dad was giving the shots, working the chute, and cutting bulls; and G.I. was running them in the chute. We had one heifer ~ 400-500 lbs that did not like the alley and got her head stuck in the bars trying to turn around. We all had to stop what we were doing to get that S.O.B. heifer out of the alley. I was about to get the cutting torch out, to cut her loose. G.I. was in the alley pulling on her neck and my dad was pushing on her head when she got out. Her head landed between the G.I.'s legs and his feet left the ground. :shock: Let's just say he talked funny all day long. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the good thing is he is ok. I wish we could talk about that now, he was a good ol boy but they broke up. I us cheap help. :)

ranchwife said:
On another note, sure hope ms tam is feeling much better today!!! chicken soup cures just about anything!!! :wink:

Except Morning Sickness :gag:

Ty is a bit of a hitter in hockey-he lit a guy up behind the net this spring then piled up on the ice-he's never stayed down in hockey ever. Seems this guys feet went up in the air when he hit him and he got two skates in the........lower abdomen. The trainer told him-'When you come off-hold your arm not your ....s lol.

ranchwife said:
nr said:
ranchwife said:

Except Morning Sickness :gag:

Ohhhhhh, how true!!!!! How well i remember!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you don't mix drinks then morning sickness isn't too bad. :D

Thought I'de give this picture thing a try since this thread was about workin cows and the things that happen. This is a card that I bought quite a few years ago by Boots Reynolds. Looked to me like he knew all about the stuff that goes on while you're workin cows. All the things in there if you can see them have a real familiar look to them or at least they sure do look familiar to me . Seems like I've been to some cow workins that didn't look much different. Tried to buy some more cards or a print of this card but he said he was all out of them and haven't seen one since and that has been quite a few years back. thought it was a good one though.
thanks1400.jpg

I think the November or December 2004 Western Horseman had a Boots Reynolds calendar inside. Anyhow, I have it hanging on my pantry door and the picture you posted is in that calendar.

The whole thing is a hoot; and don't forget to look for the rattlesnake, it's in every one of his drawings.

Don't know why we don't see more 'Boots' stuff. It is really good. He HAD to have been there...

Latest posts