• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More lies from Bush

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
For those who say just a "few" calls were montiored. They went right into the heart of US communication companies and mined information on you and me. Excerpts; Link to full article below; my emphasis.

"The volume of information gathered from telephone and Internet communications by the National Security Agency without court-approved warrants was much larger than the White House has acknowledged, The New York Times reported Saturday.
Citing current and former government officials, the Times said the information was collected by tapping directly into some of the U.S. telecommunication system's main arteries. The officials said the NSA won the cooperation of telecommunications companies to obtain access to both domestic and international communications without first gaining warrants.
A former telecommunications technology manager told the Times that industry leaders have been storing information on calling patterns and giving it to the federal government to aid in tracking possible terrorists since the Sept. 11 attacks."

"President Bush and his aides have said his executive order allowing eavesdropping without warrants was limited to monitoring international phone and e-mail communications linked to people with connections to al-Qaida. What has not been acknowledged, according to the Times, is that NSA technicians combed large amounts of phone and Internet traffic seeking patterns pointing to terrorism suspects."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10592932/

is that NSA technicians combed large amounts of phone and Internet traffic seeking patterns pointing to terrorism suspects."

Had they done the same investigating prior to Sept 11, thousands of lives could have been saved........ I say Keep up the GREAT WORK....

I do not care one bit for the Radical Islamic Terrorists rights.......

I do care about the, 265 on the four planes; 2,595, including 343 New York City firefighters, 23 NYPD police officers, and 37 Port Authority police officers in the WTC; and 125 civilians and military personnel at the Pentagon. At least 2,986 people were killed in total. In addition to the 110-floor Twin Towers of the World Trade Center itself, five other buildings at the WTC site, including WTC building 7, a 48-story steel-frame skyscraper which stood about a block away from the twin towers and was not hit by any airplane, and four subway stations were destroyed or badly damaged. In total, on Manhattan Island, 25 buildings were damaged.

But you continue to rally to the Terrorists side.......

Steve said:
is that NSA technicians combed large amounts of phone and Internet traffic seeking patterns pointing to terrorism suspects."

Had they done the same investigating prior to Sept 11, thousands of lives could have been saved........ I say Keep up the GREAT WORK....

I do not care one bit for the Radical Islamic Terrorists rights.......

I do care about the, 265 on the four planes; 2,595, including 343 New York City firefighters, 23 NYPD police officers, and 37 Port Authority police officers in the WTC; and 125 civilians and military personnel at the Pentagon. At least 2,986 people were killed in total. In addition to the 110-floor Twin Towers of the World Trade Center itself, five other buildings at the WTC site, including WTC building 7, a 48-story steel-frame skyscraper which stood about a block away from the twin towers and was not hit by any airplane, and four subway stations were destroyed or badly damaged. In total, on Manhattan Island, 25 buildings were damaged.

But you continue to rally to the Terrorists side.......

And you continue to try to put words in my mouth. As you've pointed out, the FBI had one of the highjackers. They let him go because they didn't understand the FISA requirements. Though I doubt it would have made any difference, they might have learned something when they searched his computer. But it took Bush several years to name Porter Goss to head all the intelligence agencies. That should tell you how important he thinks another terrorist attack on this country is.

I'm not worried about terrorists' civil liberties; I'm worried about my own, my children and grand children's. When the Bush Administration can hold an American citizen for two years without a lawyer or charges, that should make all of us uncomfortable.

an American citizen

Is that the same convicted murderer, gang member, that spent time serving with the talaban /Al Quaida in Iraq and afganistan? that should loss his citizenship because of Allegiance to a foriegn country?

Latest posts