• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More lies from Bush

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
I do love those government reports. Excerpts; link below; my emphasis.

"The White House was told in the hours before Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans that the city would probably soon be inundated with floodwater, forcing the long-term relocation of hundreds of thousands of people, documents to be released Tuesday by Senate investigators show."

""I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees," Mr. Bush said in a television interview on Sept. 1. "Now we're having to deal with it, and will."

"The Senate investigators have also found evidence that at least some federal and state officials were aware last summer that the hurricane evacuation planning in the New Orleans area was incomplete
."

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/24/national/nationalspecial/24katrina.html

I love those "dis" spin reports. Excerpts; below; my emphasis.

"The White House was told in the hours before Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans that the city would probably soon be inundated with floodwater, forcing the long-term relocation of hundreds of thousands of people, documents to be released Tuesday by Senate investigators show."

""I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees," Mr. Bush said in a television interview on Sept. 1. "Now we're having to deal with it, and will."
"The Senate investigators have also found evidence that at least some federal and state officials were aware last summer that the hurricane evacuation planning in the New Orleans area was incomplete."

Your spin says the White House was told, now I grant you that "maybe" it was Bush that was told but your report there failed to say that, but you on the other hand were mighty quick to place blame. Just proof that even in natural disasters you libs blame our President. :shock: As for the relocation of people I'm no rocket scientists but when you take a piece of land thats below sea level and a hurricane of that force hits it, then its pretty safe to think the people might need to leave for a while. :oops:

As for the Presidents comments, like it or not, standing around criticizing isn't making the situation better. Where are you comments on the mayor and other elected officials. I think the word "HYPOCRITE" is around the corner dis. You don't mention the failure of any of these people, is that because of the party they belong to? :cry: Including those "some federal and state officials that were aware" of the lacking hurricane evacuation plan? Why not a criticism of them? :eek: ? You know the more I learn about you dis the more I'm convinced, YEP you are a hypocrite, you blame all you can on YOUR PRESIDENT, and lack the honesty and ability to DISAGREE with anybody but a Republican.

so, the govt. does a study on a computer, then say "this could happen" and Bush is an ass for not listening......

what about the corruption that has plagued the region for years? is that the fault of Bush too???

of course not. Dis, take off your rose colored glasses.....try to see things with out all the hate.

Are you really Al Gore, just on here venting and pouting after you got your butt kicked out of the White House???

jigs said:
so, the govt. does a study on a computer, then say "this could happen" and Bush is an ass for not listening......

what about the corruption that has plagued the region for years? is that the fault of Bush too???

of course not. Dis, take off your rose colored glasses.....try to see things with out all the hate.
Are you really Al Gore, just on here venting and pouting after you got your butt kicked out of the White House???

:clap: :lol2: :nod: :clap: :lol2: :nod:

BBJ said:
I love those "dis" spin reports. Excerpts; below; my emphasis.

"The Senate investigators have also found evidence that at least some federal and state officials were aware last summer that the hurricane evacuation planning in the New Orleans area was incomplete."

Your spin says the White House was told, now I grant you that "maybe" it was Bush that was told but your report there failed to say that, but you on the other hand were mighty quick to place blame. Just proof that even in natural disasters you libs blame our President. :shock: As for the relocation of people I'm no rocket scientists but when you take a piece of land thats below sea level and a hurricane of that force hits it, then its pretty safe to think the people might need to leave for a while. :oops:

So Bush doesn't know what goes on in the White House? That certainly speaks well for him, doesn't it? :roll: When Hurricane Katrina was bearing down on New Orleans do you honestly not think someone should have mentioned to him that the levees might not hold? Then I have a bridge in AZ for sale. I don't blame Bush for Katrina or the floods, but the disaster that followed is his. He appointed a total incompetent to run FEMA and they ignored these warnings about the levees. I say he knew and tried to spin his way out by pretending to be surprised, like Dr Rice saying no one would have expected planes to be flown into the WTO while a scenario much like that had been run by American intelligence agencies recently. They lie, they mislead, they spin to cover their guilt.

As for the Presidents comments, like it or not, standing around criticizing isn't making the situation better. Where are you comments on the mayor and other elected officials. I think the word "HYPOCRITE" is around the corner dis. You don't mention the failure of any of these people, is that because of the party they belong to? :cry: Including those "some federal and state officials that were aware" of the lacking hurricane evacuation plan? Why not a criticism of them? :eek: ? You know the more I learn about you dis the more I'm convinced, YEP you are a hypocrite, you blame all you can on YOUR PRESIDENT, and lack the honesty and ability to DISAGREE with anybody but a Republican.

You'll defend him for lying? Go ahead. I can come up with several more comments where he lied so you better get your excuses limbered up. Hypocrite? Did I miss your complaint to Cal for posting a blog?

I responded to that blog issue so yes you obviously did miss it.

He appointed a total incompetent to run FEMA and they ignored these warnings about the levees, so that's his fault they ignoredthe warnings? Again proof you will blame anything on this President, even the actions of others. Good one dis. :shock:

You missed my question about mayor and other elected officials is there any particular reason for that?

BBJ said:
I responded to that blog issue so yes you obviously did miss it.

I'll have to go look for it.

He appointed a total incompetent to run FEMA and they ignored these warnings about the levees, so that's his fault they ignoredthe warnings? Again proof you will blame anything on this President, even the actions of others. Good one dis. :shock:

The "Buck Stops Here". Ever hear that quote? He's still appointing barely qualified people to important positions. Look up Julie Myers. Being competent is not especially important to the Bush Bunch. Loyalty counts for everything. Bush did take the blame for the poor response to Katrina, see below.

You missed my question about mayor and other elected officials is there any particular reason for that?

The Governor declared a state of emergency. The mayor ordered an evacuation, just like Rick Perry in Texas and Jeb Bush in FL ordered evacuations when hurricanes threatened their states. And just like TX and FL, not everyone left New Orleans. The hurricane wasn't the problem; it was the flooding. Since we know that Bush should have been aware of the potential for flooding, who should be blamed for the lack of help these people got? Much of the LA guard was in Iraq. Mike Brown was on TV telling the newspeople that he'd sent food and water to the Convention Center. On a split screen we saw people begging for food and water, while he assured the commentator that it was already taken care of! Bodies floating in the water. People watching their loved ones die from lack of medication because they were trapped on overpasses. An elderly person covered up with a blanket, dead, in his wheel chair. Oh, this is Bush's fiasco. And you defend him when he says what a surprise, the levees broke; who'd have thought it!

"President Bush said Tuesday that "I take responsibility" for failures in dealing with Hurricane Katrina and that the disaster raised broader questions about the government's ability to respond to natural disasters as well as terror attacks."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9324891/

people died in N.O. for one simple reason......we rode them out before, this one will go right on by too.

that is the mentality down there. I am sorry for the los of life, and property, but if those people were really trying to get out they could have gotten out.

the US govt can NOT go in and do a relief effort until ASKED by the state. it is the state who is responsible until it asks for assistance.

then, after the people are moved, they ask for others to feed them?????

why didn't they sorrt it out and take turns helping each other??

the majority of those in N.O. were welfare cases who would starve if you hid the welfare check under thier workboots anyway. I can not concieve helping those who are too lazy to help themselves.

Latest posts