• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More of R-calfs work on behalf of US producers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Well, OT, in regards to your comment that consumers will buy US beef over any other, Wal-Marts Meat Manager says something else. Refer to the topic about Wal-Mart. I posted the entire article here this evening.

Ken Stettmeier, Wal-Mart Fresh meats merchandise manager says, "If you think putting USA on the package will sell more beef, I say our customers will buy the lower price. All I'm saying is be careful what you ask for." (He says COOL, as it exists, will raise the price of beef.)

Then he goes on to tell about the thirty-cent price difference in irradiated hamburger which offered the customer a higher level of safety. They didn't buy it. They bought the cheaper hamburger.

Thinking customers will pay more for 'USA' labelling is a pipe dream a lot of people need to wake up from.

Faster Horses...Thinking customers will pay more for 'USA' labelling is a pipe dream a lot of people need to wake up from.

I am sure your husband owns a few tools. Are they the cheap imported ones or are they the higher priced American made ones like Snap-On, MAC, or Sears? If you have ever used a cheap wrench on a tight bolt you probably wouldn't buy another one.

T: "I am sure your husband owns a few tools. Are they the cheap imported ones or are they the higher priced American made ones like Snap-On, MAC, or Sears? If you have ever used a cheap wrench on a tight bolt you probably wouldn't buy another one."

Agreed. Just as some consumers will pay more for foreign cars that they believe are higher quality.

But what does that have to do with cheaper beef of equal quality? Do you think you know more than Walmart about selling beef?

Perhaps you would like to explain the producers from this area that support "M"COOL and believe consumers will prefer U.S. product while they roll bales out to their cattle with a Belarus tractor?

~SH~

Sandhusker said:
SH, "Did anyone see Sandblaster oppose Ditmer's information with opposing facts? Of course not, that's not the way the "factually defenseless" operate. "

I posted more of Ditmer's writing so people could get a bigger picture and decide for themselves whether this guy might have credibility or not. If there is any deception, it is in Dittmer's writing, as that is what I posted.

Maybe you missed the part where he says R-CALF is going along with making packers and retailers union shops? How about where R-CALF is supporting "sustainable agriculture only"? He even links R-CALF with this;
"Representatives from consumer activist groups, environmental groups, faith-based groups and unions would run USDA. People who had worked for NCBA or food corporations would be considered unfit for service. "

You think I need to defend R-CALF from this? You've got to be kidding me. Not even you in your wildest hate-filled rantings has ever come up with this kind of halucinations. Agman says this guy is credible? I invite people to read what he wrote. Just read it. Read all of it.

I don't know about you, but a one-man "foundation" eager to accept your donations is a big red flag to me.

I don't know about you, but a one-man "foundation" eager to accept your donations is a big red flag to me

Seems to work for R-Calf!

Tommy said:
Faster Horses...Thinking customers will pay more for 'USA' labelling is a pipe dream a lot of people need to wake up from.

I am sure your husband owns a few tools. Are they the cheap imported ones or are they the higher priced American made ones like Snap-On, MAC, or Sears? If you have ever used a cheap wrench on a tight bolt you probably wouldn't buy another one.

To compare a cheap inferior product such as Chinese or Taiwanese tools in a discussion about labeling a product of equal quality to American such as Canadian beef doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Compare the same tools made in Germany or Sweden with the same warranty and I would buy them ahead of American based on quality even if they cost more.

Hat: "This is for anyone but ~SH~ because i'm sure no one with a personality like his could ever get married but do ya'lls wives get on you like mine for being on here?"

I'm sorry you are offended by my lack of tolerance for lies and deception.

Are you still sore because you asked a question regarding trade that you thought I couldn't answer and when I did answer it, you had nothing to contradict what I stated? Oh well, you'll get over it.

Once again, prior to the closed Canadian border due to BSE and the corresponding loss of our export markets, we had a $1.3 Billion dollar trade surplus for a seven year average in the combined trade of beef, beef variety meats, live cattle, and hides with foreign countries. Why don't you appreciate finding out the truth on this issue rather than blindly believing that NAFTA has been detrimental to this industry???

Just because you can't contradict anything I have presented with opposing facts, don't take it so personal. You aren't the first one who has attempted to defend R-CULT's bullsh*t against the facts and came up empty handed.

~SH~

Hat said:
This is for anyone but ~SH~ because i'm sure no one with a personality like his could ever get married but do ya'lls wives get on you like mine for being on here?

Just so you know, Hat, Ive only got one wife and she leaves what I do strictly up to me.

Polygamy must be a bear.

Sandhusker, I have read many of those points about changing agriculture as being desired by some of the liberal outfits R-CALF aligned with, as well as other groups linked with them, often in their own press releases and literature.

There is no lack of credibility to anyone who has been concerned about such groups for many years.

AFF was founded because of the need to learn as much as possible about anti-animal agriculture groups. Certainly I as a cattle rancher need to know who is trying to end my business. I would think you, as an ag banker, would as well.

Reader 2, do you believe it is wrong for a researcher/journalist such as Ditmer to have an organization supported by businesses involved in enterprises being attacked by these activist groups?

If so, why is it ok for activist groups to be subsidized by Foundations?

Do you realize many of these activist groups are linked together with directors, benefactors, funding sources, and that many of the "top dogs" personally make huge amounts of money through their activism and contracting with activist groups for various "work".

Certainly you have the right to choose whom you wish to believe.

I have the right to doubt you are omniscient about who is honestly trying to find accurate answers to problems, and who is using any tactic they can dream up to return us to a peasant agricultural system.

MRJ

MRJ

Latest posts