• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More Perry Hypocrisy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Heck the only one that believes oldtimer is the one staring back at him in the mirror, he uses one to convince himself he is not a liar.
which he already admits he is for not supplying proof to some of his wild accusations, he tosses around so freely

EH oldtimer, got any fresh lies??
any fresh accusations??

oldtimer wrote:

I think the only ones that I have actually applied for is the disaster payments....The others are automatic as long as you are under FSA's program- which you almost have to maintain to keep the land value up.... The barley payment is just for you having had a barley allotment....

care to clarify this statement??
you have to file every year to recieve these payments- NOT just once for disaster payments. totally different programs. and they have nothing to do with land values- :???:

Mike said:
OT wrote:
And Perry wants to secede from the union?...

Mind giving us a quote where Perry said he wanted to secede? :lol:

Didn't think so. Man, you are just way too easy. :roll:

perry sure does want you to think he might secede.
perry's just a flip floppen around again. makes one wonder ??? his rooten-tooten, yee-haw, style politics, just ain't what the USA needs. it wasn't what Texas needed either...

Rick Perry / Austin Tea Party ::: On Secession and "Right Wing Extremism"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5xTxcFA398

Countdown: Rick Perry's Secession Remarks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4NZnHDmnu8

FOX NEWS

Gov. Rick Perry: Texas Could Secede, Leave Union

AP | 04/15/09 06:58 PM

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry fired up an anti-tax "tea party" Wednesday with his stance against the federal government and for states' rights as some in his U.S. flag-waving audience shouted, "Secede!"

An animated Perry told the crowd at Austin City Hall -- one of three tea parties he was attending across the state -- that officials in Washington have abandoned the country's founding principles of limited government. He said the federal government is strangling Americans with taxation, spending and debt.

Perry repeated his running theme that Texas' economy is in relatively good shape compared with other states and with the "federal budget mess." Many in the crowd held signs deriding President Barack Obama and the $786 billion federal economic stimulus package.

Perry called his supporters patriots. Later, answering news reporters' questions, Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union, though he said he sees no reason why Texas should do that.

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

He said when Texas entered the union in 1845 it was with the understanding it could pull out. However, according to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, Texas negotiated the power to divide into four additional states at some point if it wanted to but not the right to secede.

Texas did secede in 1861, but the North's victory in the Civil War put an end to that.

snip...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/15/gov-rick-perry-texas-coul_n_187490.html

TEXAS

Perry stands by secession comments

Governor says Texas is one state that could leave union, though he's not pushing it. By W. Gardner Selby, Jason Embry AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF Friday, April 17, 2009 Gov. Rick Perry on Thursday stuck by his earlier statement that Texas can secede from the United States — a far-reaching, legally questionable prospect that nevertheless drew Perry a fresh favorable mention by Rush Limbaugh, one of the nation's leading conservative voices.

The idea of secession — which Perry did not endorse — surfaced suddenly Wednesday after Perry appeared at an anti-tax "tea party" at Austin City Hall, where some in his U.S. flag-waving audience shouted, "Secede!"

According to The Associated Press, Perry suggested in response to a reporter's question that Texans might at some point get so fed up with Democratic-led actions in Washington that they would want to secede.

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that? But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

On Thursday, Perry called potential secession a "side issue of Texas history. ... We are very proud of our Texas history; people discuss and debate the issues of can we break ourselves into five states, can we secede, a lot of interesting things that I'm sure Oklahoma and Pennsylvania would love to be able to say about their states, but the fact is, they can't because they're not Texas."

A Perry spokeswoman said Perry believes Texas could secede if it wanted.

Sanford Levinson, a professor at the School of Law at the University of Texas at Austin, said that between the Texas Constitution, the U.S. Constitution and the 1845 Joint Resolution Annexing Texas to the United States, there is no explicit right for the state to return to its days as a republic.

"We actually fought a war over this issue, and there is no possibility whatsoever that the United States or any court would recognize a 'right' to secede," Levinson said in an e-mail.

Levinson noted that the 1845 resolution allows for Texas to break itself into five states but doesn't specify whether that would require congressional approval — and forming new states still wouldn't constitute secession.

Limbaugh said on his program Thursday that Perry's speculation on the possibility of secession might awaken conservatives to actions by the federal government that he described as abusing citizens.

"This is not insignificant when the governor of Texas talks about 'we could secede,' " Limbaugh said, according to audio of his comments and a transcript posted online by Media Matters for America, a liberal group that says it corrects conservative misinformation in the media.

Also Thursday, Perry fielded a warm response from more than 800 members of the Texas Federation of Republican Women lunching at the Austin Convention Center.

The group also heard from his expected 2010 GOP primary challenger, U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

Both drew ovations, though Perry appeared to have the upper hand with audience members who gave him an additional ovation after he reminded them of his desire to see a change in state law requiring voters to present a photo ID at the polls.

Referring to three anti-tax "tea parties" he attended Wednesday, Perry said he felt invigorated and proud of Texans.

"We're fed up with what's coming out of Washington," he said.

He also said that one reason Democrats succeeded nationally last year is that "a lot of us who have worn the jersey of the Republican team have been playing like Democrats"— almost certainly a stab at Hutchison, a senator since 1993.

Perry also saluted state Rep. Brandon Creighton, R-Conroe, the author of a nonbinding resolution to remind Congress of the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

"I'm talking about states' rights," Perry said.

The governor drew little attention last week when he endorsed Creighton's resolution. But by Tuesday, the online Drudge Report had posted a Perry news release on the proposal. Talk show hosts including conservatives Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage and Laura Ingraham shortly picked up the story.

And the governor's Web site has been visited more than 300,000 times since Tuesday, compared with 5,000 times on a typical day, while a video of Perry's appearance with Creighton and other legislators made the top 100 watched videos on the YouTube site.

Hutchison fired an arrow in Perry's direction at the lunch, reminding the red-jacketed activists that Republicans have lost ground in the Texas House as well as local offices in what had been GOP-leaning Harris, Bexar and Dallas counties.

"We have got to regear," Hutchison said.

Referring to grass-roots Republican women, Hutchison said: "We built the Republican Party, and we are going to have to save it."

[email protected]; 445-3644

Additional material by staff writer Danny Yadron.

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/region/legislature/stories/04/17/0417gop.html

Oldtimer said:
Yep- when you can't argue the issue- personally attack the messenger...Its sad to see that since Rove, this has become the Republicans chosen modus operandi :(

WOW WOW WOW all I can say is WOW :shock:What a hypocrite. :roll: YOU have the guts to comment about somebody personally attacking, and you claim it is a REPUBLICAN MO :shock: what a joke you have become :roll: AS THE MODERATOR of the site you should be at a higher standard but you have personally attacked everyone on here that has called you out on your inability to tell the true the whole true and nothing but the truth. For a so called lawman/judge you should know how to do it but you could not prove it by what you post on here. GEEZ I have seen everything now. Do us all a favor if you don't want to be personally attacked then step up as a lawman/judge/Moderator of this site and lead by example DON'T ATTACK OTHERS when you can't defend your comments and claims!!!! This is not a Republican MO this is something we have all learned from YOU. :roll:

Good grief. Am I really reading this right? Surely not. LMAO.

Oldtimer starts a thread calling Perry a hypocrite for complaining about farm subsidies because Perry is taking subsidies at the same time he complains about them.

Then, Oldtimer comes out and says he's opposed subsidies for 40 years.

Next, we find out that Oldtimer has received thousands and thousands of dollars in subsidies?

Then...he makes it sound like he didn't really want them?

Really? This is just tooooo funny. You just can't make this kinda sht up. LMAO

Oldtimer said:
While he rants against government spending- and federal aid payments-- it seems he didn't mind federal programs/aid then when he was pocketing the cash...

Ummm...who you talking about, Oldtimer? Rick Perry or yourself? You guys are like two peas in a pod. Wow, I'll have trouble sleeping tonight after this. My sides are hurting. My whole face hurts from laughing about this. Geez...what a doofus. :lol2:

Texan said:

Oldtimer starts a thread calling Perry a hypocrite for complaining about farm subsidies because Perry is taking subsidies at the same time he complains about them.

Next, we find out that Oldtimer has received thousands and thousands of dollars in subsidies?

Oldtimer said:
While he rants against government spending- and federal aid payments-- it seems he didn't mind federal programs/aid then when he was pocketing the cash...

Ummm...who you talking about, Oldtimer? Rick Perry or yourself? You guys are like two peas in a pod. Wow, I'll have trouble sleeping tonight after this. My sides are hurting. My whole face hurts from laughing about this. Geez...what a doofus. :lol2:
If you think this is funny, you should talk to some people who live near him and know him.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They say he's been on a 50 YEAR COFFEE BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing about him. He has no shame. :roll:

At first I just passed ot's lies as him being dropped on his head. But on further consideration he had to have been thrown against the wall

Larrry said:
At first I just passed ot's lies as him being dropped on his head. But on further consideration he had to have been thrown against the wall

Gee Larry, Macon just said today for us to play nice.

An here you go talking about throwing him against a wall? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Texan said:

Oldtimer said:

homer-doh-square.jpg

snick_bunny.gif

She went on: 'That's crony capitalism. That's part of the problem that we have in this country is that people are afraid, even in our own party, to call one another out on that. True reform and fighting the corruption and fighting the crony capitalism is a tough thing to do within your own party. You have to go up against the big guns and they will try to destroy you when you call them out on the mistakes that they have made. Believe me, I know that, I have the bumps and bruises to prove it because that's what I have been doing for the last 20 years … calling out the corruption in government

The federal spending is a huge problem.. state spending is a large problem..

most local spending is needed...

but all wasteful spending at any level should be exposed..

to date no one has equaled the level of wasteful spending that had occurred in the first two years of the Obama administration and the Pislosi/Reid legislature..

and anyone not able to see that is blind to the fact..

as for Perry.. he has flaws.. I think he knew it.. and delayed running because of them.. I also do not think he will be the GOP frontrunner forever.. the media sold an image of him,, and now they are turning on him.. nothing new there..

I actually thought they would wait until the general election to try to destroy him..

Problem is Steve, you have Dr terry and oldtimer have tunnel vision, and their comments and attacks have a tendency to turn people off to their cause,
Dr terry spends too much time looking for ways to distract from the real root problem instead of looking for a just cause, I/E his rants about BSE never a cure just rants that are in most cases old news!!!!!
Nwo he has turned his attacks towards Perry because he walks lock step with oldtimer, who we all know has problems with anyone that does not fall in with him
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Add kolo=jingo=lulu=allie to that group and bingo you have a real bunch of brain dead wanna be's

Texan said:

I just had to check this thread again. I really thought I must have dreamed all of it. Nope, it's real. Thanks for the laughs, Oldtimer. :lol2:

oldtimer wrote

...Its sad to see that since Rove, this has become the Republicans chosen modus operandi

old hypocrite if that is the repub M.O. it must mean you are republican seeing as how you do that to the tea party all the time
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Eh old hypocrite of false allegations and lies :D :D :D

Latest posts