• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More Perry Hypocrisy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Perry certainly has benefited from the nation's proclivity toward farm payouts; his 40-acre farm — which he finally sold in 1998 — brought him $72,687 in farm payments between 1987 and 1989 and even made him an additional $9,624 for leaving his land lying fallow. Perry's father has also received $6,443 from cotton and wheat subsidies in 2002 and 2003.

When Perry was Texas Ag Commissioner he was the biggest proponent of keeping farm/cotton subsidies- which many now can see are just a big federal ripoff for nonresident landowners- especially the cotton subsidy ripoff...
While he rants against government spending- and federal aid payments-- it seems he didn't mind federal programs/aid then when he was pocketing the cash...

Yep- he'll make the perfect Tea Party candidate!!! :roll: :wink: :lol:

kinda like you griping about those who take farm subsidies while you take as many as you can along with using reservation land........... :roll:
Oh lets not forget you braggin about not working and getting paid for it.........Gotta feel for your son busting his butt while you reap the benefits.

oldtimer only says, he dosen't do, the biggest hypocrite outside of the white house!!

MsSage said:
kinda like you griping about those who take farm subsidies while you take as many as you can along with using reservation land........... :roll:

Yep- when you can't argue the issue- personally attack the messenger...Its sad to see that since Rove, this has become the Republicans chosen modus operandi :(
But for your information since 6AM- I cleaned a set of corrals- and worked on rebuilding a set of windbreak I broke (while cleaning corrals :shock: )
I don't use any reservation land- period... I've opposed farm subsidies for 40 years....

Oh lets not forget you braggin about not working and getting paid for it.........Gotta feel for your son busting his butt while you reap the benefits.

So I take it your against paying into retirement accounts- and deferred comp programs?... And drawing on them... Or drawing Social Security? You don't plan on ever retiring? Haven't you planned ahead- girl?....

And I'm not running for any office.... Old FlipFlopper Perry is....

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63221.html

Ol Ricky Rich has made a good living from politics.....

Texas Gov. Rick Perry's humble origins and down home straight talk are central to his political identity, but for years Perry has enjoyed lavish perks and travel — mostly funded by a group of deep-pocketed supporters — that are allowed under his state's lax ethics and campaign rules.

Some of the same Texas donors who have funded Perry's political rise also have footed the bills for Perry and his family to jet around the world, stay in luxury hotels and resorts, vacation in tony Colorado ski towns, attend all manner of sporting events and concerts, and to maintain, entertain — and even pay the cable bill — at the 4,600-square-foot mansion with a heated pool that taxpayers are renting for him at a cost of about $8,500 a month.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63221.html#ixzz1XmBDQ6DB

OT wrote:
Perry certainly has benefited from the nation's proclivity toward farm payouts; his 40-acre farm — which he finally sold in 1998 — brought him $72,687 in farm payments between 1987 and 1989 and even made him an additional $9,624 for leaving his land lying fallow.

You'd better check your facts OT. This statement as written is a lie.

No one can get, or has gotten those amounts of subsidies on 40 acres alone...... :roll:

And you BELIEVED this? :lol:

Mike said:
OT wrote:
Perry certainly has benefited from the nation's proclivity toward farm payouts; his 40-acre farm — which he finally sold in 1998 — brought him $72,687 in farm payments between 1987 and 1989 and even made him an additional $9,624 for leaving his land lying fallow.

You'd better check your facts OT. This statement as written is a lie.

No one can get, or has gotten those amounts of subsidies on 40 acres alone...... :roll:

And you BELIEVED this? :lol:

Its in several news articles- and Perry hasn't denied it instead his office defended it...

When asked to comment on the subsidies, Perry's office defended his record. "The governor is proud of his years in the farming industry, which he believes is an important part of the nation's overall economy," spokeswoman Katherine Cesinger said.

Kind of backs up the stories of the multimillionaire cotton farm owners living in NYC or on an Arizona golf course that are reaping the whirlwind federal funding with out of control cotton subsidies....

Falling into line with the Tea Party rhetoric against "out-of-control" government spending, Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) is now supporting a move away from direct subsidies to the agriculture industry in favor of an incentives-driven model. But Perry himself has benefited from over $80,000 in farm subsidies over the years and publicly declared his support for farm subsidies when running for Texas Agriculture Commissioner in 1990. After his opponent accused him of wanting to terminate price supports for farmers, Perry was quick to deny the claim:

"[Former Commissioner Jim Hightower] says I support eliminating our farm program payments. That's not true. I've participated in the program as a producer. My neighbors participate. I know what would happen to rural areas of Texas if these programs were discontinued. I do not support such an action."

Perry certainly has benefited from the nation's proclivity toward farm payouts; his 40-acre farm — which he finally sold in 1998 — brought him $72,687 in farm payments between 1987 and 1989 and even made him an additional $9,624 for leaving his land lying fallow. Perry's father has also received $6,443 from cotton and wheat subsidies in 2002 and 2003.

When asked to comment on the subsidies, Perry's office defended his record. "The governor is proud of his years in the farming industry, which he believes is an important part of the nation's overall economy," spokeswoman Katherine Cesinger said.

His tax returns from when he was in the Legislature show he received $72,687 in agricultural program payments between 1987 and 1989, when he was farming his land. His father, J.R., received a total of $6,443 in cotton and wheat subsidies in 2002 and 2003.

Perry loves to talk about "out of control government spending" and now favors incentives over direct subsidies. So does he regret taking the money?

I ask again. You BELIEVE that? I'm telling you it's a lie. I've looked up his subsidy payments and the amount of land he was farming. It's a lie.

If you want to continue perpetuating a lie, be my guest. But I know better.

The truth is there if you want to find it.

And I know what kind of lying mutha-effer you are. :roll:

Do you really think someone can get that much money for farming 40 acres? I knew you were stupid but I had no idea.................................

Oldtimer said:
I don't use any reservation land- period... I've opposed farm subsidies for 40 years...

Take a look at number 360......... :shock: :shock: :D :D

http://farm.ewg.org/addrsearch.php?z=1&zip=59230&page=17

woranch said:
Oldtimer said:
I don't use any reservation land- period... I've opposed farm subsidies for 40 years...

That MAY not be all. Under Obama the Dept of Ag is hiding something:
Compounding the bad news, under President Obama the US Department of Agriculture has again sharply limited the data that EWG receives under the Freedom of Information Act in order to assemble the database and identify the real winners of farm subsidy largesse. It's those data that has allowed EWG to follow the money and exposed the gross inequities in federal spending that enable the big agricultural operations to come away with the most generous haul of taxpayer dollars.

In 2007, the USDA under former President Bush released previously unavailable records that allowed EWG's database to uncover nearly 500,000 farm subsidy recipients whose identities had previously been shielded by byzantine mazes of co-ops and corporate shell games. The database revealed, for example, that Florida real estate developer Maurice Wilder, reportedly worth $500 million, was pulling in almost $1 million a year in farm subsidies for corn farms he owns in several states.

In 2010 and now 2011, however, the USDA has refused to release the data that provided this revelatory accounting of just who receives the billions paid out under the maze of federal farm programs.

woranch said:
Oldtimer said:

I never said I didn't get FSA payments....I've said before that I do...And Hoppy posts it regular- apparently thinking I raping the government...
An average of about $1000 a year- for over 2000 acres-- big money :roll: ... I guess if you wanted to work the program like some you could reap much more.... I get those direct deposited for doing absolutely nothing....
One of the reasons I have supported doing away with the Ag subsidies for ages... I think the only ones that I have actually applied for is the disaster payments....The others are automatic as long as you are under FSA's program- which you almost have to maintain to keep the land value up.... The barley payment is just for you having had a barley allotment....

An average of about $1000 a year- for over 2000 acres-- big money ... I guess if you wanted to work the program like some you could reap much more.... I get those direct deposited for doing absolutely nothing....
One of the reasons I have supported doing away with the Ag subsidies for ages... I think the only ones that I have actually applied for is the disaster payments....The others are automatic as long as you are under FSA's program- which you almost have to maintain to keep the land value up.... The barley payment is just for you having had a barley allotment....

What a hypocrit. :roll:

Mike said:
woranch said:
Oldtimer said:

That MAY not be all. Under Obama the Dept of Ag is hiding something:
Compounding the bad news, under President Obama the US Department of Agriculture has again sharply limited the data that EWG receives under the Freedom of Information Act in order to assemble the database and identify the real winners of farm subsidy largesse. It's those data that has allowed EWG to follow the money and exposed the gross inequities in federal spending that enable the big agricultural operations to come away with the most generous haul of taxpayer dollars.

In 2007, the USDA under former President Bush released previously unavailable records that allowed EWG's database to uncover nearly 500,000 farm subsidy recipients whose identities had previously been shielded by byzantine mazes of co-ops and corporate shell games. The database revealed, for example, that Florida real estate developer Maurice Wilder, reportedly worth $500 million, was pulling in almost $1 million a year in farm subsidies for corn farms he owns in several states.

In 2010 and now 2011, however, the USDA has refused to release the data that provided this revelatory accounting of just who receives the billions paid out under the maze of federal farm programs.

And therein lies the main problem with the subsidy program- so many getting huge amounts under numerous corporate names... Which is not what the program originally was for....

From US News

Without that Washington spending, Rick Perry's home county would probably go under. Haskell County, Texas, got more that $232 million in taxpayer-funded farm subsidies from the federal government from 1996-2010, including more than $80,000 to Rick Perry himself. At just under 6,000 residents, that comes to more than $40,000 per person. The number one recipient in Haskell County has pulled in more than $2.4 million in taxpayer dollars. Perry got $9,600 in conservation payments, which meant taxpayers were giving him money to do nothing—to let his land lie fallow.

Texas is the number one recipient of taxpayer-funded farm subsidies in the country, with more than $24.4 billion in subsidies in that same period. But despite the billions of dollars spent, most Texas farmers don't benefit from the federal largesse. 81 percent of Texas farmers don't get subsidies, and of those that do, 78 percent of the money goes to the top 10 percent of recipients.

And Perry wants to secede from the union?...

OT wrote:
And Perry wants to secede from the union?...

Mind giving us a quote where Perry said he wanted to secede? :lol:

Didn't think so. Man, you are just way too easy. :roll:

Oldtimer said:
woranch said:
Oldtimer said:

I never said I didn't get FSA payments....I've said before that I do...And Hoppy posts it regular- apparently thinking I raping the government...
An average of about $1000 a year- for over 2000 acres-- big money :roll: ... I guess if you wanted to work the program like some you could reap much more.... I get those direct deposited for doing absolutely nothing....

Hey MOUTH oldtimer!! once again your lies catch up to you!!!!
i posted it once but then you can't count so you figure that is regular!!! Either show where i have posted it REGULAR or admit that you are nothing but a liar, If you do nothing it is the same as admitting you LIE, you cannot keep up lie and expect any one to believe you

P.S. oldtimer it must be hell being you and living in your lies and deceit

EHHHH?????????????????

OT wrote:
And therein lies the main problem with the subsidy program- so many getting huge amounts under numerous corporate names... Which is not what the program originally was for....

Which is exactly why Perry wants to eliminate them. :lol: :lol:

jingo2 said:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63221.html

Ol Ricky Rich has made a good living from politics.....

Texas Gov. Rick Perry's humble origins and down home straight talk are central to his political identity, but for years Perry has enjoyed lavish perks and travel — mostly funded by a group of deep-pocketed supporters — that are allowed under his state's lax ethics and campaign rules.

Some of the same Texas donors who have funded Perry's political rise also have footed the bills for Perry and his family to jet around the world, stay in luxury hotels and resorts, vacation in tony Colorado ski towns, attend all manner of sporting events and concerts, and to maintain, entertain — and even pay the cable bill — at the 4,600-square-foot mansion with a heated pool that taxpayers are renting for him at a cost of about $8,500 a month.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63221.html#ixzz1XmBDQ6DB

all politicians get rich from being a politician.

So you are all for the Tea Party idea of term limits, correct?

Oldtimer said:
woranch said:
Oldtimer said:

Haven't you also said that you are against Canadian subsidies? While you collect US subsidies.....and that the US does not subsidize farmers/ranchers

What an azzhat.

Hey OT, tell the people of Ranchers again, how I sexual harassed women on the site, I'm sure they will believe you...... :lol: :lol:

Maybe tell them about my wife and kids.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts