• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More truth about the Iraqi situation

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
My emphasis; link below:

"Efforts to rebuild water, electricity and health networks in Iraq are being shortchanged by higher-than-expected costs to provide security and by generous financial awards to contractors, according to a series of reports by government investigators released yesterday."
(My note: lack of security is directly related to the Bush Bunch's refusal to listen to professional soldiers who said they needed more troops to go into Iraq.)

"Taken together, the reports seem to run contrary to the Bush administration's upbeat assessment that reconstruction efforts are moving vigorously ahead and that the insurgency is dying down."

And

"Despite $5.7 billion committed to restoring electricity service in Iraq, power generation was still at lower levels as of May than it had been before the U.S. invasion in 2003. In one case, the GAO reported, the United States led an overhaul of an Iraqi power plant but then did not adequately train the Iraqis how to operate it. A widespread power outage resulted.[/i]"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8748445/

Latest posts