• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Most difficult thing to do in sport ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

QUESTION

Reaction score
I just got in from baleing it just got too dry. I was listening to a sports talk show on the sat. radio they were talking about how gifted some athletes are. When one host chimed in that the hardest thing to do in sport is hitting a baseball. Any thoughts? I heard the hosts talking about the whole round ball, round bat but in my opinion the hardest thing to do in sport is one time shooting a puck accurately one time while skating hard. You are on ice, on blades skating then on top of that have to hit a puck which is coming at you at a angle of some type and have to shoot it with power into a goal with and obstacle ( another guy trying to stop it from going into the net ). You have to do so many difficult things at the same time and have hand eye on top of it all. Or are there any other sports others on here think are harder. TTYL

QUESTION said:
I just got in from baleing it just got too dry. I was listening to a sports talk show on the sat. radio they were talking about how gifted some athletes are. When one host chimed in that the hardest thing to do in sport is hitting a baseball. Any thoughts? I heard the hosts talking about the whole round ball, round bat but in my opinion the hardest thing to do in sport is one time shooting a puck accurately one time while skating hard. You are on ice, on blades skating then on top of that have to hit a puck which is coming at you at a angle of some type and have to shoot it with power into a goal with and obstacle ( another guy trying to stop it from going into the net ). You have to do so many difficult things at the same time and have hand eye on top of it all. Or are there any other sports others on here think are harder. TTYL

Can't be too hard, I see Canadians doing it all the time. :wink:

from what I have witnessed in sports, it is my opinion that the hardest thing in sports is to give a kid a multi million dollar contract and then expect him to NOT act like an asshole.

this money has gone to thier heads, and they think they are above the law.

oh, where have all the Bret Favres gone????

jigs said:
from what I have witnessed in sports, it is my opinion that the hardest thing in sports is to give a kid a multi million dollar contract and then expect him to NOT act like an asshole.

this money has gone to thier heads, and they think they are above the law.

oh, where have all the Bret Favres gone????

:agree:

Jigs maybe the Bret Favre's of the world have gone to take drugs so they can continue to be a rolemodel for childern, :p :oops: :D . I take it that there is no disagreement that hitting a baseball isn't as hard as playing hockey. :D CW As for the bull riding statement you play baseball , you play basketball but, you DO NOT play Rodeo. By the way it is great to see the stampede daily perf. results on the CBC. Nice to see the rangeland derby too, the chucks need some good press they have been getting a bad rep. at the stampede in past years with the crashes.

He difficult thing to do in sports to me is......those guy bicycle racers having to get into them shorts ...... :twisted:

Brett farve was not a perfect angel...and there are many fine young athletes in todays pro sports...first off its the agents that lack moral fiber.Second the press dwells on the bad without rarely pointing out the good.....Look it all the good things Tiger Woods does for charity,Or a guy like warrick Dunn,or Sidney Crosby...Lots of good role models out there...we just put to much emphasise on the star players and miss the good people that surrond them to help win championships....

Hsrdest thing to do in sports..I would say to hit for the cycle.....Hitting a baseball has to be up there ,just look at the stats, even the best batters in the world are not close to hitting it 50% of the time....

Hardest thing to do in sports.........stay in shape. I know that's what has kept me from the pros (or at least I'm telling myself that).

The hardest thing to do in sports is to get your mind out of the way so you can succeed. Fear of acomplishment is way greater than the fear of failure. All pro athletes can do this to a limited degree, but nobody is even close to Tiger Woods, even though I root against him. If you really want to see the mind game at work, look at college and olympic wrestling.

All valid arguments.

I would venture the hardest thing to do in sports is to be Nebraska and get a fair shake from ANY sportscaster, especially the World Champion Moron Broadcaster, Brent Musberger!!

while I share your sentaments on Brent Mushburger, I think that NU gets a far better shake than many schools.
NU, Notre Lame, USC, UCLA, Texas....they all are bragged up on due to "tradition" or "recruiting" well neither has won a title. Texas , according to the recruting guru's should have won the last 7 national titles. NU, according to thier "tradition" has never lost a national title.

Of course I am not biased...I am just waiting for NU to go 0-9 every year!

An impossible thing do do in sport is win the national title in football if ya come from a non-BCS school. Utah tried, Boise tried and Hawaii tried (But not very hard by how bad they got killed). I realize most years the big money schools will mop the floor with the so called Mid-majors but it sure sucks they don't decide it on the field.

Now, Jiggsy, you know if Texas, Notre Damn, USC, UCLA, Oregon, or even K State is playing Braska, Brent Moronburger will bag on Braska ALL DAY LONG, even if Braska is ahead by 7 touchdowns. Well, I guess K State has been there before, more than once, but still, BM always lets you know he hates Braska no matter what. It's a mystery how he made it out of Lincoln alive on more than one occasion.

Leanin H has a good point, too. Colt Brennan just fell apart for Ha-Y-E.

The guys at FSN Midwest do as good a job as any at not playing favorites. I was about to say fair and balanced, but I realized if Jigs agreed with that that Kola would shut him off, permanent! :shock:

I am very anxious for fall ball to start. I think Braska will open some eyes up this year. Hopefully Bo can help us get that bitter Callahan taste out of our mouths, once and for all. Never did a man squander talent like Bill Callahan.

I can't believe someone would listen to those idiot's on the radio in the first place.

loomixguy said:
Hopefully Bo can help us get that bitter Callahan taste out of our mouths, once and for all.

I hope Bo falls flat on his face. he is an arrogant ass, I thought Turner deserved the job, he carries himself a lot better than the hot head whiner Bo.

Switzer and Devaney both had more than their share of arrogance as well. Bottom line, they got the job done. That's all Bo has to do, too.

Husker tradition would have dictated Turner Gill as well, and I would have been pleased as punch to have him. IF Bo does fall flat, it will be a direct reflection on TO and Dr. Perleman. Bo was, like Frankie, TO's handpicked choice, but, with TO as AD instead of in Washington, he will be able to keep a hand on Bo's shoulder and steer him the way he needs to go.

jigs said:
loomixguy said:
Hopefully Bo can help us get that bitter Callahan taste out of our mouths, once and for all.

I hope Bo falls flat on his face. he is an arrogant ass, I thought Turner deserved the job, he carries himself a lot better than the hot head whiner Bo.

You're just torked off at him because he called out 'ol alum-ass Snyder. He was right, too.

Latest posts