• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Moved from Coffee Shop: Moderating complaints

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Justin

Reaction score
i see some post have been deleted again, about two pages worth :mad: thats starting to become common around here. :? :mad: :mad:

Justin said:
i see some post have been deleted again, about two pages worth :mad: thats starting to become common around here. :? :mad: :mad:

Justin nothing like favors. Who would know this better than ot?
I dont post on CT because the weenies ove there constantly cry for a mod. Then over there you are told if you don't like the moderation go to ranchers but get a thick skin. It seems the whiners have brought this site down to an overly moderated forum for the cry babies.

One has to wonder if that is not why MIKE C don't post on either site anymore. The islamics and every other group has learned that no one will stand up to a bunch of cry babies no matter how small the number of cry babies is :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good some of the nonsense needed to be deleted......really not even put up to start with.

This place looks more and more like instead of Ranchers.net.....Wolves.net

jingo2 said:
Good some of the nonsense needed to be deleted......really not even put up to start with.

Read the above post for years Macon has said take it to RANCHERS BUT HAVE A STRONG BACK BONE.

Just like everything else the weak have tried shoving their weakness down everyones throat here on Ranchers.

Damn shame some people don't take a stand against the crap being taught to our school children by mr jennings and the omahma administration. Instead of worrying over a few posts on Ranchers.

:lol: :wink: :cry:

Pig Farmer said:
jingo2 said:

Read the above post for
Macon has said take it to RANCHERS BUT HAVE A STRONG BACK BONE.

Just like everything else the weak have tried shoving their weakness down everyones throat here on Ranchers.

Damn shame some people don't take a stand against the crap being taught to our school children by mr jennings and the omahma administration. Instead of worrying over a few posts on Ranchers.

:lol: :wink: :cry:

Key word "years" you are about 2 to late.................there was a day :D
besides we dont farm pigs over here,you might wanna find a pig forum :wink:
good luck

The Coffee Shop was never intended as a place where people needed to have "thick skin" to visit. Nor was that particular thread intended as a place to fight. That thread became a place for some of the CT regular posters to gather while their boards were down. Somewhat similar to us opening up our homes and ranches to neighbors if they were in need. But for some reason, some posters chose to exhibit their worst side to those neighbors. As I normally do, I gave things a chance to work themselves out without interfering, hoping cooler heads and time would prevail. But when things kept getting worse, I removed some posts, hoping to keep the thread alive and get it back on track. I think most of us hate the thought of having any censoring done here at Ranchers, but sometimes there are a few posters that don't give the moderators much other choice.

Ranchers.net provides two forums that have very limited moderating: Bull Session and Political Bull. I don't think that it's asking too much for us to try to keep the fighting and bickering out of places like the Coffee Shop, Ranch Talk, etc. At the very least, we should strive to be on our best behavior in a thread that is intended to make our neighbors feel welcome.

Some of the latest additions to that CT thread included these complaints about the moderating. As long as it's in the appropriate place, those complaints are fine with me because in my mind, censoring complaints about the moderating would be some of the worst type of censoring that we could do. Considering that, and so that some of you can continue to discuss the moderating without feeling like you are being censored, I moved those posts to this thread in Bull Session. In here, some of you will find what you desire: a chance to complain about the moderating with very limited interference.

Hopefully, that will let us keep that thread in the Coffee Shop open and will allow us to once again demonstrate to our CT neighbors that we can all get along. At least in places like the Coffee Shop.

As I have said before, Mods hiding behind the name "mod" and who they are not being publicly known has an air of secrecy and verges on the cloak and dagger. Every other site has mods and admin clearly labled.
Why all the hush hush?

Mike said:
One has to wonder if that is not why MIKE C don't post on either site anymore.

Yep. :wink:

Good to know you are ok MIKE. I recently PM'D FH and was asking her about you. I figured the cryin bitchin liberals and politically correct had their hands in your not posting.

What the arse holes don't realize is that on the average day you posted much info that was beneficial to anyone who had a desire to digest info. Hope ypu and them Charolais are doing good.

Then of course lets not forget you were JOHNNY on the spot as to what the democraps and ohbahma were going to do to this country.

If they were the only ones the democraps and obahma were hurting I WOULD LAUGH night and day about it. Sad thing is we are all paying for the stupidity of those that made this administration possible.

Moderator said:
The Coffee Shop was never intended as a place where people needed to have "thick skin" to visit. Nor was that particular thread intended as a place to fight. That thread became a place for some of the CT regular posters to gather while their boards were down. Somewhat similar to us opening up our homes and ranches to neighbors if they were in need. But for some reason, some posters chose to exhibit their worst side to those neighbors. As I normally do, I gave things a chance to work themselves out without interfering, hoping cooler heads and time would prevail. But when things kept getting worse, I removed some posts, hoping to keep the thread alive and get it back on track. I think most of us hate the thought of having any censoring done here at Ranchers, but sometimes there are a few posters that don't give the moderators much other choice.

Ranchers.net provides two forums that have very limited moderating: Bull Session and Political Bull. I don't think that it's asking too much for us to try to keep the fighting and bickering out of places like the Coffee Shop, Ranch Talk, etc. At the very least, we should strive to be on our best behavior in a thread that is intended to make our neighbors feel welcome.

Some of the latest additions to that CT thread included these complaints about the moderating. As long as it's in the appropriate place, those complaints are fine with me because in my mind, censoring complaints about the moderating would be some of the worst type of censoring that we could do. Considering that, and so that some of you can continue to discuss the moderating without feeling like you are being censored, I moved those posts to this thread in Bull Session. In here, some of you will find what you desire: a chance to complain about the moderating with very limited interference.

Hopefully, that will let us keep that thread in the Coffee Shop open and will allow us to once again demonstrate to our CT neighbors that we can all get along. At least in places like the Coffee Shop.

I think what some mods fale to see is that many times the moderating is one sided. ot will post and take his pot shots at those he disagrees with and then whine to a moderator with comments like you dont know soap just how many times I have covered your back and your families. Being fair and balanced owes no one no favors nor takes sides. A moderator should be above the butt kissing.

I also agree that its a shame that those that moderate do so in the shadows. ot FH and Lily are mods from what I have been told . I only see one of these as a snake in the grass and thats ot plain and simple.

Sorry Piggy- I had nothing to do with moving this thread...So you'll have to cry and whine about someone else......
I think nothings funnier than a fellow that goes by the name Pig Farmer on a ranchers thread so he can hide in anonymity- and so scared of his shadow- or standing behind what he says- he won't even put what part of the country he lives in- and then complains about openness and transparency of the website he's bitching about :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer
Dick Britzman
Glasgow MT.

Oldtimer said:
Sorry Piggy- I had nothing to do with moving this thread...So you'll have to cry and whine about someone else......
I think nothings funnier than a fellow that goes by the name Pig Farmer on a ranchers thread so he can hide in anonymity- and so scared of his shadow- or standing behind what he says- he won't even put what part of the country he lives in- and then complains about openness and transparency of the website he's bitching about :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer
Dick Britzman
Glasgow MT.

Heck ot I knew who you were and where you were from. I just googled blow hard/judge/braggart/brandinspector/exsheriff/ didnt even have to use the words idiot whiner or biased to find out who you were or where you were from. :wink:

By the way I meant to ask the other day that 280 lb boy you married what time around was this. Number 2 3 or 4. You might want to stay on the side lines if you want this one to last.

Pig Farmer said:
Oldtimer said:

Oldtimer
Dick Britzman
Glasgow MT.

Heck ot I knew who you were and where you were from. I just googled blow hard/judge/braggart/brandinspector/exsheriff/ didnt even have to use the words idiot whiner or biased to find out who you were or where you were from. :wink:

By the way I meant to ask the other day that 280 lb boy you married what time around was this. Number 2 3 or 4. You might want to stay on the side lines if you want this one to last.

Pig Farmer, there are some things that are sacred even if we like to argue politics, Angus versus Herefords, or cows versus pigs. Family is one of these. You sir would have a lot more credibility if you had the dignity to leave posters' families completely out of other arguments.

you are way out of line, PF. you are obviously not here to make friends, but you are sure seem to be doing your best to make enemies. i'm sure OT can handle anything you can dish out, but what does his family have to do with the fued between the two of you?

Soapweed said:
Pig Farmer said:
Oldtimer said:

Oldtimer
Dick Britzman
Glasgow MT.

Pig Farmer, there are some things that are sacred even if we like to argue politics, Angus versus Herefords, or cows versus pigs. Family is one of these. You sir would have a lot more credibility if you had the dignity to leave posters' families completely out of other arguments.

THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL POST THIS. ot is a politician a public figure. he takes his cheap shots at every politician and their families he disagrees with. he holds nothing back in trying to tear down his political adversaries.

If John McCain had had a little backbone and went after who obahma was the White House AND COUNTRY would be in different hands today. Can I say we would be any better off with McCain not much better except on the issues concerning national security I WOULD HOPE.

The Republican party tried the be nice and look where we are today. If it hair lips the preacher I WILL CALL THINGS LIKE I SEE THEM.

That said what is fair enough for the goose is good enough for the gander.

You folks do not know the meaning of friend as I do. A friend is one that sticks closer than a brother and cares for one through good times or bad faults or weakness good or bad.

By the way based on ot's own words he is a snake in the grass plain and simple. he gets no free pass nor does his family because he gives no free pass. Hope that enlightens you once and for all if not so be it. :wink:

Just a thought, when we walk into a room we have a choice. We can bring the common denominator up, keep it the same, or bring it down. I strive for the former.

Pig Farmer said:
Soapweed said:
Pig Farmer said:

THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL POST THIS. ot is a politician a public figure. he takes his cheap shots at every politician and their families he disagrees with. he holds nothing back in trying to tear down his political adversaries.

If John McCain had had a little backbone and went after who obahma was the White House AND COUNTRY would be in different hands today. Can I say we would be any better off with McCain not much better except on the issues concerning national security I WOULD HOPE.

The Republican party tried the be nice and look where we are today. If it hair lips the preacher I WILL CALL THINGS LIKE I SEE THEM.

That said what is fair enough for the goose is good enough for the gander.

You folks do not know the meaning of friend as I do. A friend is one that sticks closer than a brother and cares for one through good times or bad faults or weakness good or bad.

By the way based on ot's own words he is a snake in the grass plain and simple. he gets no free pass nor does his family because he gives no free pass. Hope that enlightens you once and for all if not so be it. :wink:

well i don't spend alot of time in PB, so i was unaware that OT attacks families of those he disagrees with. if what you say is true, i apolagize for my previous post and........... game on i guess. :? :???: :wink:

Pig, I agree with you on OT's cheap shots at those he disagrees with and their families, but I try not to get down to his lack of class. Going after his son puts you in the same place as him...is that where you really want to be? You are smart enough to make your points with out going there.
I have great respect for the military and law enforcement, but not OT.

For the record about my comments on ots son. AS far as I KNOW i have said nothing about him other than the shoes with the tux were tacky. Then i advised ot to stay out of the sons marriage if he had problems in the past.

We have 3 children we don't meddle. WE are there for them financially or to support them if they fail or ask us about how to correct a problem. if our son treats his wife wrong or one of the two daughters does their husbands wrong we advise them their plate at the table can be removed and that the son in laws or daughter in law will always be welcome at our table.

Their is no loyalty when it comes to who is right. The loyalty goes to what is right. That said some of you think I have taken cheap shots at ot's son. I don't think so he has fired many cheap shots at Hopy, Tam and many others and any and every politician he disagrees with along with their families and they were way out of line.

I am not being disrespectful to him just giving him a dose of his own meds and watching the old tub of lard squeal and scream like a stuck hog. It's quite amusing to watch a 70 plus year old man squeal to Soap and others about how he has deleted many posts about their families they have never seen. Shucks thats his duty as a mod. He wants bragging rights for doing the right thing. He demands things of Hopy and others he admitted while being a mod to trying to run people off from ranchers and playing devils advocate to stir up confusion.

I remember on Ct HOW THERE WAS A TIRADE A YEAR OR SO BACK about Caustic using multiple id's to post with. The posters over their went wild and attacked Caustic yet ot is guilty of the same mannerisms all the while being a moderator. Hopy has apologized to the forum about his short comings . ot has yet to do any apologizing all the while still attacking Hopy for his past shortcomings.

ot trashed Hopy and accused him of things if true would have gotten Hopy banned. he threatened Hypo with making off the wall pms to female posters and threatened him with calling his wife. Hypo never backed down and called ot out on his lies told him to get on with his threats.

I would wonder if he uses his political contacts and official capacity to use government data bases to seek out info on those who disagree with him? I wish Tam, Hypo and Hopy had made official inquiries into such matters. Not to long ago he was in Tams face and bringing up things about her up bringing as well as other posters.

If you watch ot when he is questioned about something he will give you half a loaf. He picks and chooses what he answers and acts like he did not see all of the questions asked.

In my book ot is a barney frank chris dodd wanna bee plain and simple. ot darn sure is no Buford Pusser. I would wonder if ot does not line up more ethically with the likes of Buford Pussers adversaries?

ot tryed to fire a shot about pig farming. I think that was way out of line if it were not for us pig farmers he would not be able to post all of those pictures of himself with all the lard he is carrying around.

I to have the greatest respect for those in authority as long as they are due the respect. Respect is earned not a given.

I thought it was so cute when I MENTIONED THE SHOES HOW OT LET ME KNOW HIS 280 POUND BOY WOULD SQUEEZE me like a pimple if I was to mention his shoes to his face. I would like to have that opportunity to say it to little hoss's face. While I would mention the shoes I also advise him about how much of a snake in the grass his old man is by his own admission. :wink:

But I am quite sure the son is already aware of this. I would just hope for the sons sake the apple rolled way far away from the tree!

I am aware we are to lead by example. Sometimes though leading by example involves showing others the example they have set. Kind of like a wake up call. :shock:

Latest posts