• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

moving to wyoming

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowdog

Reaction score
In the next two weeks will be moving from central TX to Wyoming. Will be 22 miles north of Saratoga. Finally had enough of the heat and drought. Just got back from up there looking around sure is pretty country.

Sounds exciting! There must be a few things that are kinda hard to leave behind but many more pleasant ones to look forward to. Best wishes on your relocation!

Would have been nice if you could have been there in January to do the looking around also. That's when one tends to pay the fiddler for all of that pretty summer. Hope you enjoy your new neck of the woods. I would choose Saratoga over Texas any day, but then I was born in them thar mountains. :!:

Congrats on the move cowdog you will like it up here! Winter certainly will be a change of pace for ya, but it isn't nothing you can't work through.[/quote]

That would put you at the base of Elk Mountain, near Wolcott Jct. Francis Ravenscroft used to have a place there. His brother John lived SE of Soapweed in the sandhills. I had a job at Saratoga for a time. Lived up on Cedar Creek. It will be a change for sure. Good luck on this chapter in your life.

Shortgrass said:
That would put you at the base of Elk Mountain, near Wolcott Jct. Francis Ravenscroft used to have a place there. His brother John lived SE of Soapweed in the sandhills. I had a job at Saratoga for a time. Lived up on Cedar Creek. It will be a change for sure. Good luck on this chapter in your life.

Francis Ravenscroft's sister, Jean, is Peach's mother. John Ravenscroft is Peach's cousin, and his dad was Willis, who was a brother of Francis.

Best wishes on your move, cowdog. Hope going from Texas heat to Wyoming winter won't be too hard on you. :wink:

Soapweed said:
Shortgrass said:

Francis Ravenscroft's sister, Jean, is Peach's mother. John Ravenscroft is Peach's cousin, and his dad was Willis, who was a brother of Francis.

Best wishes on your move, cowdog. Hope going from Texas heat to Wyoming winter won't be too hard on you. :wink:

He might have to grow some winter hair. :D :D

Good luck on your move. I would love to get away from this heat and dry and wind LOL
Not sure what your elevation is but give yourself a couple weeks to get use to higher elevation. I went from 270 to 4500 and it was very tiring. Now up to 5050. I love it when I go back down ....

Enjoy and have fun

We have a long-time friend that moved to Saratoga years ago. He'd lived
several places prior...and he's still in Saratoga. He really likes it there.
We visited him last year, first time we'd ever been there.
Interesting town, for sure. Good luck on your move.

Soapweed said:

I was meaning Willis when I said John. We would go to church at Willis' when I worked for Hub. I can't remember 40 years ago or yesterday very well :roll: . Not much hope for me I guess. Thanks for getting that right in my mind. I did not know Peach was a Ravenscroft. Great family. Willis and Francis' dad was Oly (-3 spelling) if I remember right?? There was a guy that worked for Willis that was pretty good with the Belgans. Was it Mac or something? I forget, but enjoy trying to remember! After I left Hub's, I went to Saratoga ang got a job on Cedar Creek.

Thanks everyone. been all thur there in the winter just never lived there. Will be bout 6 miles south of walcott jct just south of rattle snake pass road . Will be working on the Flying Triangle Ranch.

That should be Olin Ravenscroft. I was not well acquainted with him, but knew who he was.
I remember when we were located on main st. across the street from Peter's Hardware in the 60's, that Olin would often stop in and visit the Peter brothers. We would see him from across the street, and you could always tell him by the wide brimmed hat he wore. He was not tall like his sons Jim and Willis.

CONGRATS ON THE MOVE!!! LIVE IN SARATOGE 10 YEARS AGO....LOVED IT THERE AND SOMETIMES WISH I WAS STILL THERE!! NICE LITTLE COMMUNITY WITH GOOD, DOWN TO EARTH PEOPLE!! ANOTHER YOUNG COUPLE FROM HERE IN THE MADISON VALLEY MOVED THERE LAST YEAR AND WOULD LOVE TO LET THEM KNOW ABOUT YA!! NEVER HAVE TOO MANY FRIENDS......LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GET YOU THEIR INFO!!!
:D :D :D

http://www.wyomingcarboncounty.com/townpages/saratoga/index.htm

American Cowboy magazine, calls it one of the top 20 places to live, and says its one place where the trout leap in main street.

sounds cool

Will be leaving out this Friday with my horses carrying them up, then back down to get the house stuff. The drivings whats bad about moving so far.

Good luck to you and your family.

I fully understand the desire for new scenery and a cooler climate, I hope all works out well for you.

bart. †

Latest posts