• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

MRJ

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed said:
Rancher and Old-Timer, please accept my humble apologies for getting you both in trouble. This whole thread is how gossip gets started, and I was the culprit. Rancher mentioned advertising and KBHB, and those two words immediately jogged my brain into thinking of the singing salesman (which I should not have mentioned) :???: (and I DIDN'T mention him by name).

If you guys want to meet me in town some day, I'll sure buy you each a few beers. If you want to come on out to the ranch, we'll probably just have iced tea. :)

Soap- We'll just have to see if someone starts talking about singing bulls- we can tie that into Stevensons $240,000 price tag and get a hell of a rumor going---- "Its my story and I can make it as big as I want to" :lol:

Soap- We'll just have to see if someone starts talking about singing bulls- we can tie that into Stevensons $240,000 price tag and get a hell of a rumor going---- "Its my story and I can make it as big as I want to" :lol:[/quote]

I have a bull that sings. Although he is an "ALTO" he carries a tune pretty well. There is a younger bull in the pasture next to him that "harmonizes" real well with him too! Think we could sell some CD's?
I would take a little less than $240,000.00 for him but not much! :wink:

I was the one teasing MRJ,looks like it got blown up a little ,some of these ladies will protect the check off at all cost,but ..............to little to late CHECK OFF IS GONE.........good luck

Mike said:
Soap- We'll just have to see if someone starts talking about singing bulls- we can tie that into Stevensons $240,000 price tag and get a hell of a rumor going---- "Its my story and I can make it as big as I want to" :lol:

I have a bull that sings. Although he is an "ALTO" he carries a tune pretty well. There is a younger bull in the pasture next to him that "harmonizes" real well with him too! Think we could sell some CD's?
I would take a little less than $240,000.00 for him but not much! :wink:[/quote]

Tune up your recorder- We could sell Bull Serenades on the Bull Session. :)

Soapweed, will be there when I get done feeding. Have another Hfr going, must be the air pressure. Ice tea or beer will do. Oldtimer probably won't make it as he is getting the storms and his roads will probably be too MUDDY for awhile.

rancher said:
Soapweed, will be there when I get done feeding. Have another Hfr going, must be the air pressure. Ice tea or beer will do. Oldtimer probably won't make it as he is getting the storms and his roads will probably be too MUDDY for awhile.

rancher--Have about 5 inches of new snow- blowed everywhere- 3 foot drifts in places....Spent most of the night sleeping in the chair in my Carharts so I could take a trip thru the cows every couple of hours--Surprisingly only had 4- altho they are a week early I thought the storm would really kick them loose....Wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for this 25mph east wind--got down to about 20 last night-- still predicting we could get 6 more inches of snow-- and more wind and colder before it starts warming back up on Sunday......

FH- Rancher- This thing was really patchy-- North place only got a skiff-we ended up with about 5 inches- mostly now in a drift somewhere-- sounds like along the lake and Missouri got quite a bit more...Wind at least went down yesterday-- But they are predicting 25mph east winds again today....

Oldtimer, I sorry I confused your post with Haymakers. Credit where due: you nearly always make more sense than he does!

People should understand that some of us may be a bit protective of the checkoff......given some of the far out accusations made about what is or is not and should or should not be done with the money.

BTW, the Justices have not released anything yet as to what the Beef Checkoff decision will be.

For the record, Haymaker, the Beef Checkoff will not be gone IF the Justices rule the mandatory one goes away. Which I do not believe will happen. However, if I'm wrong, there are about 28 states with a voluntary checkoff ready to go, some in legislation, and others working toward that end.

There WILL BE a Beef Checkoff keeping up as much of the good work to increase beef demand as funds allow, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS IN THE SUPREME COURT.

The Policy/Dues division of NCBA will remain the same, as it has never been supported by Checkoff funds, contrary to propaganda of some individuals and organizations.

MRJ

BTW, rancher, I did get to hear that commercial several times today. Just makes me want to go out and have a steak! However, given the holiday yesterday, guess we will settle for the Corned Beef/Cabbage dinner at the local pub. Hear they are having an excellent band, too. Wish we hadn't been working so hard lately. Won't be able to stay out very late.

Back to the commercial, I would think it pretty hard to complain about it. Just pointing out to ranchers some of the work done with our checkoff dollars, and consumers can't miss the beef promo, either, and there are consumers in ranch country, aren't there?

The CBB works very hard at getting good deals on the commercials, too, so we are getting a lot for the money spent on them. Anyway, I'm pretty proud we can get guys of the calibre of Sam Elliot and Baxter Black helping us promote beef.

MRJ

Latest posts