• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ms. Sweet Sugar 12-9-1998 12-15-2008

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alabama

Reaction score
Ms Sweet Sugar: she will surely be missed.

cattle2006058.jpg

Oh, Alabama, I feel for you! Losing a much-loved pet is one of the hardest things in life. You have my sympathies.

Sorry for your loss. Nothing like loosing your best friend of the canine kind.

That was pretty danged good natured dog, John.

Hard to replace those kind.....................

Condolences

Sorry to hear about the loss of your companion.

My wife and I have lost a few dogs that we were very close to. We were talking about it a while back and wondering....

Is a dog's life shorter than ours so we can enjoy the company of more of them in our lifetime?

Thank y'all very much for your nice replies and thoughts. Ms. Sweet Sugar was a special dog as they all are that we are close to.
We have another golden "Solomon" that is almost 12 and I think he misses her just as much. Monday morning when I was looking for Sugar he found her just after I did. He tried several times to wake her up and finely just took up a seat next to her. Ms. Sugar had died between two hay bails very close to where I park equipment and also where I would burry her. Solomon set with her while I put the bucket on the tractor and dug the hole. I had to load her in the bucket to move her to the grave site and he followed us while we moved. He watched as I laid her in a blanket and placed her in the grave. Solomon then went to the truck and laid there while I covered her. He stayed in the truck the rest of the day and did not come in to eat until the next morning. He seems fine now but I think he still misses her.

Ms. Sweet Sugar is the grand daughter of my first two goldens 23 years ago. She had 2 or 3 litters of pups in her day and I am in the process of tracing some of them down now. I am looking forward to a new pup in the next year or so.

Sorry for the loss of your Golden...and I hope Solomon is doin alright. When we lost our Springer last year, our Golden stood by while we buried him -- just sat there (which is unusual for him) watching over him for awhile.

It seems animals have an inate sense of these things because as we buried him, our seven horses came up to the fence - they all lined up with their heads over it and stood motionless while we layed him to rest...it seems they knew as well what had happened....

Sugar will be waiting for you somewhere over the Rainbow Bridge.

Latest posts