• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Murder is Justified to Save Lab (Sick)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OldDog/NewTricks

Reaction score
Source: http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=55757

Animal Extremist Tells Senate Hearing: Murder is Justified to Save Lab
Animals; Committee Members Express Outrage, Vow to Pass New Laws Combating Threat of Radical Animal Activism

10/27/2005 5:05:00 PM
To: National Desk

Contact: George Goodno of the Foundation for Biomedical Research,
202-457-0654

WASHINGTON, Oct. 27 /U.S. Newswire/ -- A radical animal extremist
stunned senators from both sides of the aisle yesterday when he testified that the murder of medical researchers was "morally justified" to save lab animals.

California surgeon and ALF (Animal Liberation Front) spokesman Dr. Jerry Vlasak made the outrageous statement to the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works where he drew the derision and indignation of Senators James M. Inhofe (R-OK) and Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ).

Vlasak, who also compared the life of lab animals to African American
slaves and the Jewish victims of Nazi concentration camps, made his comments while defending a similar statement, made to the news media last year:
"I don't think you'd have to kill - assassinate - too many vivisectors before you would see a marked decrease in the amount of vivisection going on. And I think for five lives, ten lives, 15 human lives, we could save a million, two million, ten million non-human lives."

Sen. Lautenberg lambasted Vlasik: "(I)t is so revolting to hear what you say about murder-these aren't extermination camps. What's being done, whether you like it or not, is to try and improve the quality of life for human being." Added Lautenberg: "I believe that laboratory tests involving animals can be necessary and important for the advancement of science and medicine and the protection of public health."

The hearing was called to investigate the animal rights group "SHAC"
whose mission is to force the closure of one of America's largest independent contract research organizations, Huntingdon Life Sciences (HLS).

Recently, the New York Stock Exchange abruptly "postponed" its long- planned listing of HLS's holding company, LSRI (Life Sciences Research Inc.) following threats made - by SHAC - against the Exchange.

Latest posts