• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

MXU CASE IH tractors

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Anybody have one and how do you like or dislike it? Our MX110 is getting a pile of hours on it and the dealer wants us to trade. Any comments?

We have one too. We love it. But we've also heard that the newer models that are replacing it aren't nearly as good. I'll ask hubby tonight for his opinion. He's the one who drives it. :wink:

We have a MX 200. Love it. I just read an article on when is it time to trade in equipment. Of course, I couldn't understand half of what they were talking about, so can't pass on any info!!! The value of used equipment has increased a good amount here. Good luck!

We had a demo here and my girlfriend really liked it. It even had a buddy seat in it. Not bad for a $84000 tractor... :)

Correction.. we have a MX120.

A friend of ours (cattle buyer, all the money in the world) bought a 2006 MX130 or 135, not sure which. He kept it a week and then sent it back. Apparently they've done something to the center of gravity on that model, and when he was doing chores, if the ground wasn't level, the back end of the tractor would come up off the ground. That was just from the weight of one hay bale! Not good.

Our strategy has always been that rather than talk to the dealer, go out back in the shop and talk to the mechanics. :D That's where the real knowledge is.

Why not try out a McCormick.....aren't they basically the same as a Case MX? Seem to be more economical to buy? I only know one guy with one and he loves it. The Buhler Versatiles also look like a good outfit also but I would like to hear more about them! Any comments?

cowsense said:
Why not try out a McCormick.....aren't they basically the same as a Case MX? Seem to be more economical to buy? I only know one guy with one and he loves it. The Buhler Versatiles also look like a good outfit also but I would like to hear more about them! Any comments?
Yep the McCormick is very simailar to the old MX. Another very good option is a NH TM tractor.

Iv eheard good things about the McCormick too. But we dont have a dealer right close by. The deal I had on our MX110 when we bought it was our chore tractor couldnt be down for any more thna three hours or else the dealer had to supply us with another loader tractor until ours was fixed. They were good in that dept. It pays when you can get good service. It has ultra shield warranty on it and I hate it costs too much and doesnt cover enough things. This time I think I will get teh full factory warranty if we trade.

cowsense said:
Neighbour just traded his McCormick(125hp) on a newCIH (135HP) . He had it about 2 years, nice tractor to run but had trouble keeping it cool in the summer. Even when rad was cleaned out it would run hot round baling.It was also a little hard on fuel, burned more than my 7220 magnum (150HP).

cowzilla said:
cowsense said:
Neighbour just traded his McCormick(125hp) on a newCIH (135HP) . He had it about 2 years, nice tractor to run but had trouble keeping it cool in the summer. Even when rad was cleaned out it would run hot round baling.It was also a little hard on fuel, burned more than my 7220 magnum (150HP).

How many horsepower do you all need to run a round baler.I bale all I want with 85 horsepower.

Denny,

I like around 100 hp for baling. But in planting season we usually tie the chore tractor up to the anhydrous cultivator or the harrows. My mx 110 is fairly easy on fuel 2.5-3 gallons per hour.

Denny said:
cowzilla said:
cowsense said:

How many horsepower do you all need to run a round baler.I bale all I want with 85 horsepower.

I used to use a 100 maxxum but now I use a 180HP 2594 and it works much better, uses a little more fuel, but in alfalfa I can run the tractor at 1200rpms and still bale at 10-12 mph.

Latest posts