• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My bad habit

Help Support Ranchers.net:

concerning cooking outside;i heard a new one for me anyway.the boys went to the liquor store and bought a bottle of "butter shots" when injected like melted butter the meat had a taste of butterscotch..i haven't tried it yet,but looking forward to try it myself.

balestabber said:
concerning cooking outside;i heard a new one for me anyway.the boys went to the liquor store and bought a bottle of "butter shots" when injected like melted butter the meat had a taste of butterscotch..i haven't tried it yet,but looking forward to try it myself.

Why would you want meat to taste like butterscotch? :D

FH,the guys were discussing smoking of hams or pork.maybe I am out of place,as I realized this is a beef blog.and folks here prefer their beef steaks.anyway it was something new for me to try.wifey is raising old heritage hogs with floppy ears as we don't have enough acres here in the ozarks for beef.family farm is back in iowa.but thanks for asking .lol

balestabber said:
FH,the guys were discussing smoking of hams or pork.maybe I am out of place,as I realized this is a beef blog.and folks here prefer their beef steaks.anyway it was something new for me to try.wifey is raising old heritage hogs with floppy ears as we don't have enough acres here in the ozarks for beef.family farm is back in iowa.but thanks for asking .lol

Thanks for clearing that up. :D Now a ham that tastes like butterscotch
might be okay. You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

if you hunt Spanish johnny,,,before it's to cold,and during hunting season we went on a hunt and came home with multiple meats.venison,rabbit,squirrel,pheasant,quail,and turkey.u could add a little wild beef,pork or lamb I reckon.all mixed up in a dutch oven with onions garlic tomatoes spices and the fix'ns for stew,,,wasn't to bad,if I remember right..later,,good luck

Latest posts