• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My buck

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Heel Fly

Reaction score
I only hunted on the ranch this year, but Luke and I made some big circles I was after a little bigger buck, but I had to work for this one and that made it all worth it. I love the thrill of the hunt, stalking and sneaking. You really feel that you've done something when you are able to sneak one of these older bucks. He's no monster he is 25 inches wide and fairly heavy but I'm not a horn hunter.
I don't do still hunting, way to boreing for me, I don't like to wait for anything to come to me.
This was a great day my hubby was with me and we had a good time just gettin this buck back to the truck.
deerhunt06038.jpg

You dun good heel Fly,that's a good buck in anyones book,what did you shoot him with ? pretty fancy lookin scope.............good luck

Ohh come on HeelFly your a horn hunter-just about everybody I know if they have two bucks to pick from shoots the biggest one lol. Very nice deer and great field photo-how far are you from my old stomping ground of PLentywood. Still hunting up here is creeping around in the bush not standing 'still' lol. Good job all around.

My rifle is a 22-250 with a Simmons Atec 2.5x10x44 Luke reloads for that rifle and he uses a 60 grain nosler partition bullet. I know before anyone says it that rifle is a little light for deer. But if you are close enough and are confident in your shooting ablities it's a good little rifle. I don't make hail mary shots. I try very hard to only take one shot, even on coyotes.
Hubby is going to get me a bigger rifle so that I can go Elk hunting. I like the rifle up until I got that one I was shooting a 222 for deer hunting, now that was a little light but I got 4 deer with it and I can't count the coyotes.
NR we are south of Glendive.
and BM I think I'm coming up when Shane Hart gets married.

Guess I hadn't heard Shane was getting married. My son works around Outlook but he never tells me anything. When is it?

Is that rifle a Ruger?
A 222 is quite light for deer. I got one this summer.

Do you know Terry Kneilson down by Glendive I went with my buddy from P'Wood down there to take some mares to his stud. He seemed like a pretty good guy-I miss roaming around your neck of the woods I used to do lots of it.

BM I haven't heard the date yet she is Canadian so they are waiting on that.
NR you were a stones throw away from my ranch if you were over at Neilsons.From his house we are to the southeast. Not that far as the crow flies but about 15miles on the road. Both him and his wife are great people, very kind. If you come this way again stop in.

I was only at Terry's a couple times but I found them to be exactly as you describe them-I don't get south as much since BSE but I sure miss that part of Montana I've spent alot of time down there.

Latest posts