• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My dear Ranchers.net Republicans:

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven

Reaction score
Why in the world are you not SCREAMING at the top of your lungs at YOUR president who is selling off our port security to the U.A.E???

This is out source theory at it's grandest. Now the pres has said he's not gonna allows ANYONE to stop this deal...no way...no how. That makes one wonder what's in it for him down the road AFTER he's prez???

Even his own party is screaming foul now....what are your thoughts on this?

Me, as if you care, I think it's is WRONG!!!! I know I'm tagged as a flaming liberal and in some cases you are right.....I'm an independent thinker of my own mind...I don't pack up with the crowd just because they have a pretty label/banner.

Why in the world are you not SCREAMING at the top of your lungs at YOUR president who is selling off our port

Even though I completly disagree, the ports were already sold, to a foreign company......a company that was well know for it's bad business practices..

The charges did not result in any convictions. As part of the public inquiry, Lord Justice Sheen wrote in a July 1987 report that P&O possessed a "disease of sloppiness" which permiated the company's hierarchy.[1]

The cases surrounding the incident set a precedent for the prosecution of corporations in cases of manslaughter and gross negligence in English criminal law.

so who sold it out back in the last admistration?

This is out source theory at it's grandest.

in a capitalist country the answer is simple, find someone to buy them.....

The Governor of new Jersey is out raged at the sale, he could just buy the New Jersy port back....but so far not a word out of him.......guess he is not outraged enough to put up his own money to buy the port contract.......

Corzine had assets of $266.5 million,

the other answer is to stop buying "out sourced products"...(like cars?)

I'm mad as H***. I still haven't forgotten about Carter selling the Panama Canal. But I will be the first to admit I don't know all the facts, it stinks anyway I look at it.

Why do people always bring up Clinton whenever Bush does something stupid? :???:
Clinton pulled his own dumb stunts and people belly-ached at the time. Ya know, when he was actually in office and it made sense to belly-ache. But what is the logic with it now?

Bush is not only the president for the current term, he is also the president of the previous term. Ie, he's been sitting in his own mistakes for a few years now...

Senator Frist, Senate Majority Leader:
"The decision to finalize this deal should be put on hold until the administration conducts a more extensive review of this matter," said Frist. "If the administration cannot delay this process, I plan on introducing legislation to ensure that the deal is placed on hold until this decision gets a more thorough review."
- AP
http://today.reuters.com/investing/financeArticle.aspx?type=bondsNews&storyID=URI:urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060221:MTFH71263_2006-02-21_18-39-01_N219976:1

The Adminstrative response?:

"President Bush said Tuesday that the deal allowing an Arab company to take over six major U.S. seaports should go forward and that he would veto any congressional effort to stop it."
- AP
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1645724

Why do people always bring up Clinton whenever Bush does something stupid?

because the post stated Bush sold the ports.....not true he was not the person who sold the management contracts to a foreign country in the first place......my intention was to say crying now puts US in an ackward position...

if it is okey to sell the management contracts to a foreign company that "possessed a "disease of sloppiness" which permiated the company's hierarchy." how is now unacceptable to sell them to the third largest port management company in the world that is "currently" an ally in the fight against terrorism?????????...

I am against the selling of the management contracts to any foreign company....so my outrage extends all the way to the extent that they were sold in the first place to a company with a history of bad management......why sell a management contract to a company with a history of piss poor management?

will make this quick 'cause I've got 8 stupid replacement heifers walking around with their tails up and it's just a little chilly to let them calve outside and needed a caffeine fix, but, seems like maybe Bush is trying to bring this bunch onboard to a greater extent to our side and make it very detrimental to them to deal with terrorists. I'm just shaking my head and hoping for some good answers in the next few days as I'm sure this will almost totally dominate the airwaves.

Hmmm...when I clicked on "submit" the pop-up ad came up for envirolet compost toilets, must be trying to tell me something. :lol: :lol:

I'm a life long Republican and from Texas. Bush is a tremendous disappointment but still a hell of a lot better than the other choices we were offered. Al Gore and John Kerry? Give me a break! What can't we get good knowledgeable people elected? I'd kind of like a John McCann/Joe Liberman ticket!

Ok...my ' bad' for using the wrong word by saying Bush " sold" the ports.... He's sold the managment of them. Ok...now that's done and corrected.

Ok...that gets the semantics out of the way.....and HMW is right...why bring up Carter and Clinton when we've had WAY WAY more " Bushs to deal with in the last 50 yrs than anyone else. How can you make excuses there??

reader (the Second) said:
Kola - I agree. Remember Reagan the Teflon President? I do not understand why no matter what this administration does, people defend Bush and Cheney. Even when major parts of the GOP are aghast at the polarization, the deficit, the corruption, the arrogance of Cheney and Rumsfield, the cluelessness of Bush when left unminded (remember Harriet Miers, poor lady?), the viciousness of Rove.

I absolutely do not agree that Bush was the best choice. He's been a disaster economically and internationally. I believe he has singlehandedly set back science and research in this country, accelerated the polarization and mean spiritedness and ruined civil discourse. I am not a very political person and I feel like running out and supporting ANYONE who will throw the bums out and be halfway competent at running this country.
Your joking right? :???:

Oh yeah the reason clinton is brought up so much is because you lib's think he was the best thing since sliced bread and admit it or not you know deep down in your little heads that he is the biggest disgrace to our Country and the title of President.

No I don't agree with whats going on with our ports and I'm not afraid to say it, but I think feeder got it right. I think this, like many other things, is just an opportunity to jump on our President, give it a day or two and the whole story will get out and we won't be hearing about it any more.

Just another instance where the democrats will hurt themselves in the long run. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kola - I agree. Remember Reagan the Teflon President? I do not understand why no matter what this administration does, people defend Bush and Cheney. Even when major parts of the GOP are aghast at the polarization, the deficit, the corruption, the arrogance of Cheney and Rumsfield, the cluelessness of Bush when left unminded (remember Harriet Miers, poor lady?), the viciousness of Rove.

I absolutely do not agree that Bush was the best choice. He's been a disaster economically and internationally. I believe he has singlehandedly set back science and research in this country, accelerated the polarization and mean spiritedness and ruined civil discourse. I am not a very political person and I feel like running out and supporting ANYONE who will throw the bums out and be halfway competent at running this country.

You sound like a good Democrat! I don't disagree with you at all. To bad we can't have a new third party. Ross Perot almost actually got somewhere, got scared and ran! There are good knowledgable people out there, they just won't run.

If an enormous deficit is not an economic disaster, what is?

So you would rather have a so called "surplus", which we know will never happen, and don't say there was one when bill left office because you and I both KNOW that there is no such thing as a surplus in Washington, than security? I know, I know you don't feel any more secure now than you did before 9/11, but I know I do, and it seems like the economy is doing pretty good on my end, and I do recall hearing some reports on how good it is but I don't have them at my finger tips.

I'll try and post some later.

BBJ...you're the one that's gotta be joking???!!!!!!

Again, here you are defending themost arrogrant secretative administration EVER!!!

My guess is that this deal w/ DP World will give great benefits to Bush/Cheney et.al later on. Hey, everyone's got to plan for retirement....even this crew. Guess he's putting into practice his policy on SS where you save your own money in investments for later on in life.....I bet there's TONS of DP World stock just waiting to go into play in a few years.

BBJ said:
Oh yeah the reason clinton is brought up so much is because you lib's think he was the best thing since sliced bread and admit it or not you know deep down in your little heads that he is the biggest disgrace to our Country and the title of President.

:???: Huh? :???:

Where have you seen any of the so-called "libs" on this board said anything particularly glowing about Clinton?

Or are you just resorting to your stereotype again because it's easier than talking to real people?

Whatever the previous administration may or may not have done, it can not be argued that Bush has spent us into one of the fastest, deepest deficits in our nation's history! That was the first thing that started turning many in his own party against him; the fact that conservatives are fiscally responsible and Bush is not.

To bad we can't have a new third party.

I know a number of people who voted for Badnarik in '04...

HMW show me where one of you libs have said anything bad about clinton.

kolanuraven you didn't answer my question.

HMW show me where one of you libs have said anything bad about clinton.

What? What kind of logic is that? :???:

No one has ever said anything bad about Benjamin Harrison either... What does that have to do with the conversation at hand??

(BTW, if you look around, you'll see there are several not so complimentary comments about Billy boy... I don't want to do your research for you though.)

Okay ya'll got me, :? your right, no one in the democrapic party idolizes him. :shock: How in the world did I get that wrong. :???: Come on now seriously you want me to believe that the libs don't consider him to be our GREATEST president ever? :oops: Maybe some of you on here can say that you've said negative things about him but I'm talking about your party in general.

Kind of like when I brought up al gore being a hypocrite and no libs on here could bring themselves to speak up.

Latest posts