• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My Hancock ride---

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I'm surprised you picked up on that. Have you had some experience with petrafied wood, or do have it in your part of the world ?

Na, never seen any here, might seem like it when it gets cold
some ware i'd heard or read about
that petrafied forrest your talkin about
ain't there spose to be some dinasor bones around there too
damn i wish they had spell check on this thing

VB RANCH said:
I'm surprised you picked up on that. Have you had some experience with petrafied wood, or do have it in your part of the world ?

I see news articles about petrified bones in different areas of the state. Like in the Vernal area. North East part of the state, and some in the South east where this petrified wood is found. I've never seen any bones,, but probably rode over top of it. We gathered quite a bit of wood before they made it a crime and maybe a little sense. Just what would fit in a small saddlebag. :D

VB RANCH said:

IF you head up the colorado outa moab, towards dead horse point, there's a dinosaur track that was embeded in mud, then the that layer stood on edge, then layer above it fell off and landed upside down. Pretty neat--kinda the negative and positive imprints---reminded me of a giant chicken. Some pictographs around there. You guys get touring around, there's arches, natural bridges, goosenecks (is that the san juan?) no end of canyons, dugways, newspaper rock, paradox valley--one of only two places that a river---the delores--comes in one side of a valley and exits out the other. Narrow guage from durango to silverton, mesa verde is a 'must see'---so remote that was discovered by cowboys maybe 1900--who spent quite a bit of time carting stuff off before telling anybody. Go down by 4 corners, you'll recognize background for several john wayne movies---guy who had a trading post there was the one who went to hollywood and promoted the country---the cabin from true grit is there on the grounds. As lots of john wayne memorbilia---they kinda headquartered there for several movies. think you can hire a charter outa the airport n of moab and fly arches and canyonlands---most remote country in lower 48, till uranium prospectors got in there---maybe late 40's, early 50's. West slope colorado, se utah is sparsley populated, real people.

littlejoe said:
VB RANCH said:

IF you head up the colorado outa moab, towards dead horse point, there's a dinosaur track that was embeded in mud, then the that layer stood on edge, then layer above it fell off and landed upside down. Pretty neat--kinda the negative and positive imprints---reminded me of a giant chicken. Some pictographs around there. You guys get touring around, there's arches, natural bridges, goosenecks (is that the san juan?) no end of canyons, dugways, newspaper rock, paradox valley--one of only two places that a river---the delores--comes in one side of a valley and exits out the other. Narrow guage from durango to silverton, mesa verde is a 'must see'---so remote that was discovered by cowboys maybe 1900--who spent quite a bit of time carting stuff off before telling anybody. Go down by 4 corners, you'll recognize background for several john wayne movies---guy who had a trading post there was the one who went to hollywood and promoted the country---the cabin from true grit is there on the grounds. As lots of john wayne memorbilia---they kinda headquartered there for several movies. think you can hire a charter outa the airport n of moab and fly arches and canyonlands---most remote country in lower 48, till uranium prospectors got in there---maybe late 40's, early 50's. West slope colorado, se utah is sparsley populated, real people.

The bucket list just got longer . . .

The bucket list got longer...

Isn't that the truth? Everytime one of you guys post a picture of your country, I wanna go visit.

Latest posts