• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My heart isn't in it

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Been There

Reaction score
On july 3d Mary and I are traveling about as far as you can go in south east Nebraska, where I am going to do some cowboy poetry at Brownville's Fourth of JUly celebration, but my heart just isn't in it yet.
I made the committment quite awhile back though so will have to do it.
Reckon I will get through it alright.
Then on the 13th, I go to chadron for Fur Harvest Days, and on the 21st at Ainsworth for their National DAy of the Cowboy celebration. It's funny how things work out. I go long spells without getting an invitation, then they pile up when I least wanted them.

I'm sure they would understand if you cancelled....... Only thing is this might be a way for some healing of your grief and the gatherings might help both ways.. (They need you as well...) God has a strange way of working...... Maybe this is a new avenue for some differant kind of cowboy poetry.....

Just remember we are here for you one way or another....

Been there....

I too have written in the past.....Some have said it is a talent I should explore, but Cows and Horses are my Passion....

Maybe try writing something about your heart not being in it.....A lot of people could definetly be touched by that. It is an honest set of feelings we all go through and you may help yourself and others in the process,

Good Luck,

PPRM

I'm sorry for the tough time you are having to endure, Been There. If you can't do it, then you can't do it.

If you can do it and do it from the heart, it will be amazing. If it's what it takes, don't be afraid to address your grief and speak of it. There may be some who hear you who need to hear exactly what you are going through.

I wish you all the best whatever way you decide.

Hang in there, this too will pass. Your poetry speaks such volumes that I really think you need to go, if you can do it.

Perhaps you need to set down and write something new from the heart. Dwell on the good from the past, if possible.

You'll get thru this. I know you will.

You and your family are still in our prayers. The Good Lord will direct you in what to say, and do about this engagement. Open your heart and he'll give you the words to write. And I pray that it's a help in the healing process for you all.

:cry: Your in my thoughts alot,at our Canada Celebration yesterday a young man was awarded a medal for his part he played in Afganistan and is getting ready to leave for his second tour,a crowd of thousands gave him a standing ovation. Our soldiers are such fine young men and women and make us very proud....honor your grandson in the words you put down so well on paper and remember you had 20 some years of memories to work through,it won't happen over night,love and hugs from Canada.

You legacy lives on in your words too --

Hold the pen, let God write the words. You'll be amazed at what He wants to say.

May God bless you with the peace you need.

Have you unburdened your feelings to God yet? Sometimes I've put off doing that due to anger or hurt or thinking the world has to run my way. When I finally get down to brass tacks and tell Him how I'm feeling then I'm more ready to hear or read his response in the Bible. That is when the relief and peace start coming. But not before. Then I can put one foot in front of the other and start moving.

I'm sure you'll have much to share with the world that will benefit others when you do get moving.

The prayers continue for you and your family.

Yes nr is right........ I have a big silver platter I put all my problems and frustrations on and serve them up to God..... "Here they are God do as you will." And poof!!!!! All my problems are solved.. Works everytime...
Has Been, you can barrow my silver platter if you want.........

Latest posts