• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My prediction for this year's presidential election

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing

Reaction score
For a long while I was of the opinion that it'd be a close race. Now I'm convinced it won't be. My prediction is that Romney is going to win in a landslide.

I figured the party conventions would be starkly different and represent the turning point....a pub convention focued on the economy and related issues that are most important to working Americans and their families versus a donk convention focusing on dividing the country....the haves versus the have-nots, black and latino versus white, gay-homosexual-transvestite-transexual-transgender-radicals-from-hell versus average Americans, etc. Let's face it, what else can the donks campaign on, the economy?

But two things that I thought I wouldn't see happen until late in the game seem to be happening already:

1) White voters who foolishly bought the hype last time are coming to realize that they won't be branded racists for kicking Obama's worthless ass to the curb.

2) Romney is looking more presidential and reasonable every day, especially to deeply-suspicious conservatives who wondered if they could vote for the guy.

When OT finally admits that he too drank the Obama koolaid, you can put this election in the bag for Romney.

Looks like Rommey will be our candidate, I will vote for him but I don't believe he will win the election. A lot who voted for Obama last time are not satisfied with him but there will be enough young new voters who grew up on the liberal ice tea, and who writes checks on what Big Daddy earned when times were better, who will vote for him to fill their places.
A lot of things can still happen before election, even before convention time. The Republicans could still find someone who is more popular with the people. This has been tried before, but it never has worked out to well. Obama's rating could drop still lower too.

Clarencen said:
Looks like Rommey will be our candidate, I will vote for him but I don't believe he will win the election. A lot who voted for Obama last time are not satisfied with him but there will be enough young new voters who grew up on the liberal ice tea, and who writes checks on what Big Daddy earned when times were better, who will vote for him to fill their places.
A lot of things can still happen before election, even before convention time. The Republicans could still find someone who is more popular with the people. This has been tried before, but it never has worked out to well. Obama's rating could drop still lower too.

Clarenceben -- I agree with you to part... Until the Republican leadership can agree to compromise on many/most issues- especially many of the social issues that should better be left to the Church rather than for government or the legislature to impose/decide they will continue to lose every new more tolerant and individual rights following generation-- which is every new generation...
Religious Preachers should preach and set up morality rules- not government or trying to legislate morality....
All you have to look at is Rush Limbaugh- the right wing spokesman- and his screaming of conservative ideas- and "family values" and end up having most the country laugh :

149435_449093948453397_205344452828349_100678244_1701245141_n.jpg

OK Rush and Repubs- tell me again about family values . :roll: :p :lol:

I set and talked this afternoon with a very conservative former State legislator that was in town for some meetings with the F&G about turning much of this country into a national bison range-- and like I said- many agree with you- even to the point that the EPA and Dept of Education should be totally/mostly done away with-- but until you bring in the social issues and decide to leave them to the states to decide- you/he will lose..

Governmernt should not be involved in legislating Morality- that should be left to the Churchs...

Sure you did oldtimer!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: You always manage to set and talk with some one :wink: :wink: :wink: were you sober?? or fanticizing again
:p :p :p :p No one believes your set down stories anymore,,,,there have been way too many

EH give us a name,, give us proof

So, why then, is Obama mandating social and moral issues such as contraceptives. The government should not be involved in promoting moral issues such as: sex, contraceptives, gay marriage, or abortion.
These are things best left up to society and religious authorities.

Our president should have never even stooped so low as to endorse gay marriage, he should have just kept his trap shut.

Martin Jr. said:
So, why then, is Obama mandating social and moral issues such as contraceptives. The government should not be involved in promoting moral issues such as: sex, contraceptives, gay marriage, or abortion.

Our president should have never even stooped so low as to endorse gay marriage, he should have just kept his trap shut.

Most these issues should be left to the states- but the federal government got involved long ago with such laws/rulings like Roe vs Wade- equal rights- and the DOMA law...

Oldtimer said:
Martin Jr. said:

Most these issues should be left to the states- but the federal government got involved long ago with such laws/rulings like Roe vs Wade- equal rights- and the DOMA law...

DOMA

Section 2. Powers reserved to the states
No State, territory, or possession of the United States, or Indian tribe, shall be required to give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other State, territory, possession, or tribe respecting a relationship between persons of the same sex that is treated as a marriage under the laws of such other State, territory, possession, or tribe, or a right or claim arising from such relationship.

Under the law, no state or other political subdivision of the U.S. may be required to recognize as a marriage a same-sex relationship considered a marriage in another state. Section 3 of DOMA codifies the non-recognition of same-sex marriage for all federal purposes, including insurance benefits for government employees, Social Security survivors' benefits, and the filing of joint tax returns. This section has been found unconstitutional in two Massachusetts court cases and a California bankruptcy court case, all of which are under appeal. The Obama administration announced in 2011 that it had determined that Section 3 was unconstitutional and, though it would continue to enforce the law, it would no longer defend it in court.
-------
The General Accounting Office issued a report in 1997 identifying "1,049 federal statutory provisions classified to the United States Code in which benefits, rights, and privileges are contingent on marital status or in which marital status is a factor".[26] In updating its report in 2004, the GAO found that this number had risen to 1,138 as of December 31, 2003.[27] With respect to Social Security, housing, and food stamps, the GAO found that "recognition of the marital relationship is integral to the design of the program." The other major categories the GAO identified were veteran's benefits, including pensions and survivor benefits; taxes on income, estates, gifts, and property sales; and benefits due federal employees, both civilian and military. Among many specifics, it noted the rights of the widow or widower of the creator of a copyrighted work and certain financial disclosure requirements that include the spouses of members of Congress and certain officers of the federal government. Education loan programs and agriculture price support and loan programs also implicate spouses. Financial aid to "family farms" is restricted to those in which "a majority interest is held by individuals related by marriage or blood."[26]

Because the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) controls most employee benefits provided by private employers, DOMA prevents most employers in the private sector from providing health care, pension, and disability benefits to same-sex spouses on an equal footing with opposite-sex spouses. ERISA does not affect employees of state and local government or churches, nor does it extend to such benefits as employee leave and vacation.

Under DOMA, persons in same-sex marriages are not considered married for immigration purposes. U.S. citizens and permanent residents in same-sex marriages can not petition for their spouses, nor can they be accompanied by their spouses into the U.S. on the basis of a family or employment-based visa. A non-citizen in such a marriage can not use it as the basis for obtaining a waiver or relief from removal from the U.S.

Following the end of the U.S. military's ban on service by open gays and lesbians, "Don't ask, don't tell," in September 2011, Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, noted that DOMA limited the military's ability to extend the same benefits to military personnel in same-sex marriages as their peers in opposite-sex marriages received, notably health benefits. Same-sex spouses of military personnel are denied the same access to military bases, legal counseling, and housing allowances provided to different-sex spouses.

Yep- but even tho DOMA is not supposed to have any effect over States Rights or Individual rights the states decide they want to allow to people-----it has huge effect.....

Oldtimer said:
Under the law, no state or other political subdivision of the U.S. may be required to recognize as a marriage a same-sex relationship considered a marriage in another state. Section 3 of DOMA codifies the non-recognition of same-sex marriage for all federal purposes, including insurance benefits for government employees, Social Security survivors' benefits, and the filing of joint tax returns. This section has been found unconstitutional in two Massachusetts court cases and a California bankruptcy court case, all of which are under appeal. The Obama administration announced in 2011 that it had determined that Section 3 was unconstitutional and, though it would continue to enforce the law, it would no longer defend it in court.
-------
The General Accounting Office issued a report in 1997 identifying "1,049 federal statutory provisions classified to the United States Code in which benefits, rights, and privileges are contingent on marital status or in which marital status is a factor".[26] In updating its report in 2004, the GAO found that this number had risen to 1,138 as of December 31, 2003.[27] With respect to Social Security, housing, and food stamps, the GAO found that "recognition of the marital relationship is integral to the design of the program." The other major categories the GAO identified were veteran's benefits, including pensions and survivor benefits; taxes on income, estates, gifts, and property sales; and benefits due federal employees, both civilian and military. Among many specifics, it noted the rights of the widow or widower of the creator of a copyrighted work and certain financial disclosure requirements that include the spouses of members of Congress and certain officers of the federal government. Education loan programs and agriculture price support and loan programs also implicate spouses. Financial aid to "family farms" is restricted to those in which "a majority interest is held by individuals related by marriage or blood."[26]

Because the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) controls most employee benefits provided by private employers, DOMA prevents most employers in the private sector from providing health care, pension, and disability benefits to same-sex spouses on an equal footing with opposite-sex spouses. ERISA does not affect employees of state and local government or churches, nor does it extend to such benefits as employee leave and vacation.

Under DOMA, persons in same-sex marriages are not considered married for immigration purposes. U.S. citizens and permanent residents in same-sex marriages can not petition for their spouses, nor can they be accompanied by their spouses into the U.S. on the basis of a family or employment-based visa. A non-citizen in such a marriage can not use it as the basis for obtaining a waiver or relief from removal from the U.S.

Following the end of the U.S. military's ban on service by open gays and lesbians, "Don't ask, don't tell," in September 2011, Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, noted that DOMA limited the military's ability to extend the same benefits to military personnel in same-sex marriages as their peers in opposite-sex marriages received, notably health benefits. Same-sex spouses of military personnel are denied the same access to military bases, legal counseling, and housing allowances provided to different-sex spouses.

Yep- but even tho DOMA is not supposed to have any effect over States Rights or Individual rights the states decide they want to allow to people-----it has huge effect.....

So because of DOMA, the federal Government is not involved in benefits for gay couples and the Fed. Gov. does not base immigration on marriage that is legislated by the states?

Sounds like DOMA is accomplishing its intended purpose.

It is no business of the Federal Governmnet. And if you want to know my opinion, they shouldn't be involved in hetero marriages either.

If these marriages are about love, why do you make it sound like they are all about the taxpayer provided "freebies"?

Whitewing said:
For a long while I was of the opinion that it'd be a close race. Now I'm convinced it won't be. My prediction is that Romney is going to win in a landslide.

I figured the party conventions would be starkly different and represent the turning point....a pub convention focued on the economy and related issues that are most important to working Americans and their families versus a donk convention focusing on dividing the country....the haves versus the have-nots, black and latino versus white, gay-homosexual-transvestite-transexual-transgender-radicals-from-hell versus average Americans, etc. Let's face it, what else can the donks campaign on, the economy?

But two things that I thought I wouldn't see happen until late in the game seem to be happening already:

1) White voters who foolishly bought the hype last time are coming to realize that they won't be branded racists for kicking Obama's worthless ass to the curb.

2) Romney is looking more presidential and reasonable every day, especially to deeply-suspicious conservatives who wondered if they could vote for the guy.

When OT finally admits that he too drank the Obama koolaid, you can put this election in the bag for Romney.

Just a few months ago you said Newt was going to win.

Who knows how it will go, after all obama and his leftwingernut cultists are leading the other leftwing cultist koolaiod drinkers.

Bullhauler said:
Whitewing said:

:lol: Indeed I did, posting a pic of Newt wearing a Rush Limbaugh tie at a time when OT had his panties in a knot over the guy. :D

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55274&highlight=next+president

Whitewing said:
Bullhauler said:
Whitewing said:

:lol: Indeed I did, posting a pic of Newt wearing a Rush Limbaugh tie at a time when OT had his panties in a knot over the guy. :D

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55274&highlight=next+president

149435_449093948453397_205344452828349_100678244_1701245141_n.jpg

Rush and Newt could relate to each other- both are good spokesmen for the radical rights "family values" they try to shove down folks throats...I wonder if Rush has his drug peddlers as part of his "family values" dog and pony show... :???: :wink: :p
No thanks Rush- don't need your's or Newts "family values".....

Well that figures, Old WhiskeyBreath.

I'm sure you are far more comfortable with the gay lifestyle your leader has enjoyed for years...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

BTW....Rush may have been married multiple times.....lots of folks have, but Rush never sired any children. He has the wife de jour and his cats for his "family". And on his worst drug addled day, he was about infinity times smarter than you! :!:

To equate Gay Marriage with Traditional Marriage & Divorce is sick, sick thinking.

Of course the lawyers/politcians want Gay Marriage, it will expand the size of the Divorce Courts exponentially.

I see OldSnootFull still has his panties in a knot. :lol:

Amazing isn't it? For a guy who "is really quite conservative" he goes out of his way to find something to complain about about the right. If he's not bashing Rush or Newt he's savaging the tea baggers.

If I was a skeptic, which I'm not.............

Latest posts