• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My turn (pics)

txag

I think our bred heifers are looking pretty good this year in spite of the drought we're still having, so I thought I'd share some pics.

100_0269.jpg

100_0271.jpg

100_0290.jpg

txag-photo-redo.jpg

100_0292.jpg

"Girls" brings to mind what I do when brangin up the cows to feed. I honk of course, but also have the winder rolled down hollerin, "Here Girls" but comes out soundin more like, "Here Cowssssssssssss"

Been feedin ours supplement lately, and it's so funny how little effort it takes to get them to follow the truck after just a couple times of feedin.
They dented my Toyota today tho :mad: two of em got to pushin and shovin, and a cow behind swung around and hit it right in front of the door...now my door won't open all the way :?

We just put out a liquid supplement feeder a couple of days ago. We've never used liquid feed before, so we'll see how it goes. So far, they're not even trying it even though we make sure there's plenty of molasses on the wheels & have even put some other feed on the feeder. They'll lick that off but still won't lick the molasses.

cowsense, those heifers are some Perfect Victor & 262D granddaughters.

They've done well, txag. And it looks like the fumes from your horse haven't set them back at all.

P.S. This makes it two. :lol2:

Nice looking set of Heifers! I see why you said you keep all your heifers, it would be hard to part with a group like them!

Nice looking group of Heifers! I see why you said you keep all your heifers, it would be hard to part with a group like them!

Sure looks to be a nice uniform set of cattle. I like angus best, but I can sure appreciate a nice looking set of herefords. They probably still are the breed that looks the best in a "picture" setting.

When do you calve them out?

Whew!!!!!!!!!! doggie!!!!!!! Them are some fancy hiefiers!!!!!!!! Nice deep bodied...... Polled or horned?????( I'm not up on my hereford breedings that well.) And looks like nice country too........

Talk about flat land. How do you start your tractor without a hill to roll it down.
That is some very nice banked forage you got those cattle on. You should not need any hay for a while.

Did those pecan trees in the background make this year?

danged nice looking ladies, there, txag!!!!!!!!!!! drought seems to not have affected them much!!!!!!!!! Nice blue sky and pretty red cows!!! :D

Latest posts

Back