• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NAILE Louisville

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Just heard about a theft at the NAILE:

Re: four head stolen
Author: Cindy Hunter (74-39-0-179.nas2.blm.ia.frontiernet.net)
Date: 11-14-07 01:01

Yes it is true, 4 head of Shorthorn show heifers were stolen from the Cyclone Trace/ Hunter tie outs on Friday night at the North American show in Louisville. At this time the incident is under investigation. If anyone has any information please email or call us. We would appreciate your help.
We are saddened that anyone would go to this extreme.
A reward is being offered for information that leads us to the person(s) responsible for this incident or the return of these show heifers.
Pete and Cindy Hunter

I never went to louisville without leaving feeling like I had been robbed. :lol: It's the most expensive place to show cattle. I hate to hear they lost their cattle though. You'd think that will eventually be solved.

Don't they have security cameras all over the barns?

I thought I saw some cameras there once...but who knows if they worked or were just fake!!

Big loss!

kolanuraven said:
Don't they have security cameras all over the barns?

I thought I saw some cameras there once...but who knows if they worked or were just fake!!

Big loss!
I'm sure the calves got stolen off of the tie outs. The trailers and tie outs are in the same lots. As a matter of fact, I usually tied to my trailer at louisville. It's a wreck there.

Yup they were taken from the tie outs. I don't know if there are cameras in the barns or not. There is security but obviously not in the lots. They must not have been doing a good job of monitoring the gates to have allowed that trailer out without a release and checking the trailer.

Got this update from another forum:

"The 4 shorthorn heifers stolen from the Louisville expo
turned up in a salebarn in rockville, IND. The heifers were
bought for $600 each. Two have been found sold to a guy
buying replacement heifers, the other two possibly for
slaughter. Sad The police are checking this out. I was told
the shorthorns had a very high worth. Some moron stole
fantastic show heifers and sold them for $2400. He left the
tags in and the tatoos werent messed with. I hope this
idiot gets thrown into the slammer with sex starved inmates!
What a creep!!!!! "

I am hoping that the culprits have been arrested and the owners have their cattle returned to them.

Stay on it and let us known what happens.

It is a shock when you realize just how stupid people can be!!!!!

Does anybody have an up date on this?
Did they get all 4 heifers back?
Did the robber get his due?

My understanding is that they discovered the cattle had been taken to a sale barn in Indiana. Two were recovered but the other two had be slaughtered, I don't think they have arrested anyone yet....

Latest posts