• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

National Championship?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

eatbeef

Reaction score
Who will be in? I am hoping Ohio State and Florida State. But Ohio State has to get past Michigan State next week. But I am guessing Auburn might jump Ohio State now after that win.

do you think there is ANY way that they will not have an SEC team in the mix?????

Auburn should jump. that was a hell of a ball game. but undefeated should STILL have the right to be in the game

If Saban does the smart thing and kicks that chip-shot field goal that would of given him a 10 point lead with minutes left instead of going for it, Auburn is a two-loss team.

I don't see Mich St. giving Ohio St. much of a problem. Fla. St will roll and you will have the Seminoles and the Buckeyes playing for it. There will be many Kool-Aid drinkers saying the SEC should have a team in it, but they will be forgetting the bone-head call the coaches made.

This hurts me to say it, but Go Buckeyes.

we need 6, 10 team conferences. they play out their schedules, and a conference title game, the winners of those conferences go to a play off

top 2 seeds get byes, and then you settle everything..... don't in the conference, you don't get a shot at the title. simple

jigs said:
do you think there is ANY way that they will not have an SEC team in the mix?????

Auburn should jump. that was a hell of a ball game. but undefeated should STILL have the right to be in the game

Good chance they won't be undefeated after this weekend. Michigan State has a pretty darn good team. Shut down the OSU QB running and make them one dimentional.

FSU and Auburn would be a good matchup. Heck any of the top 5 or 6 would make good matchups.

ESPN this morning is ALREADY pitching the Auburn should jump OSU idea.... ESPN is the epitome of everything that is wrong with sports today.

jigs said:
ESPN this morning is ALREADY pitching the Auburn should jump OSU idea.... ESPN is the epitome of everything that is wrong with sports today.

Agree. There needs to be more competition in sports reporting to make them less influential.

TexasBred said:
jigs said:

Good chance they won't be undefeated after this weekend. Michigan State has a pretty darn good team. Shut down the OSU QB running and make them one dimentional.

FSU and Auburn would be a good matchup. Heck any of the top 5 or 6 would make good matchups.

It sure wouldn't surprise me about Michigan State. I'm not certain that Auburn is going to get past Mizzou. Auburn has been as much lucky as good. It will break the talking head's little hearts to have to crown Mizzou the SEC champ. :lol: Then it will be back to the Alabama chants (who didn't even win their side of the SEC) against Mizzou for the title.

I'd love to see a playoff system this year.

After thinking about it, I think he playoff system next year will be worse instead of better. Since it isn't about the winner of conferences, how many SEC teams will ESPN try to stump for saying they all belong in the top 4?

Til they decide it on the feild, it's just a popularity contest voted on by folks who have a dog in the fight. I dont think anyone knows for sure, who's the best, and thats the problem. Utah beat Alabama when nobody thought they could. I hope they finally find a way to let the teams decide it.

I'd like to see FSU play Auburn they way it stands now.

if Bama is the greatest team in the nation, they should have beaten Auburn to prove it....

jigs said:
if Bama is the greatest team in the nation, they should have beaten Auburn to prove it....

You know the story jigs. Bama has the NC's, Tradition, wonderful fans -in video) and history. Did I mention history? :lol: :lol:

Why hell, Bama beat Yale one time in a retroactive national championship game. They even won a Rose Bowl back in the 1930's!!!!!!!!!!

Mike said:
jigs said:

You know the story jigs. Bama has the NC's, Tradition, wonderful fans -in video) and history. Did I mention history? :lol: :lol:

Why hell, Bama beat Yale one time in a retroactive national championship game. They even won a Rose Bowl back in the 1930's!!!!!!!!!!

so what you are saying is, Bama is the SEC version of Nebraska.... I understand perfectly now....

Latest posts