• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

National Signing Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TexasBred said:
How is your favorite team doing? Getting signatures on the kids they've been recruiting??

We missed one highly sought recruit but overall it looks good.

Got a really good one from the State of Kansas:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/10343481/braden-smith-narrows-finalists-auburn-tigers-texas-aggies-tcu-horned-frogs

Looks as though Auburn might finish in the top 5 nationally.

Oh, and got another back at "Running Back U":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMBBaS9OVAA#t=73

Haven't seen anything since early this morning but looks like we got the ones we felt pretty sure of. No real surprises other than one that bailed on Texas and went to the Aggies. :wink: Looks like 'bama is making their usual haul.

I was pleased with the typical Snyder recruiting class....low key, blue collar kids with potential he will coax out of them.,..... ESPN has us picked as worst class in the Big 12.....every year we get a poor class, and excel with those players.....

16 steps to greatness according to Snyder. follow those steps, and great things happen....he just needs kids to listen, and believe in those steps.....keep your 5 star players, they don't believe in team

The SEC had 7 teams out of the top 10 in recruiting. We'll see in about 3 years..........................

The kid from Olathe, Ks that signed with Auburn was particularly interesting.

The big difference with many of the 5* players is they can contribute and play almost immediately.

A real big deal now is parents holding their kids back a year or two in elementary school so they'll be more mature in high school. Or they go to a Community College, get their grades AND more maturity.

Jigs, I agree to a point that the attitude of a player is a huge concern. But the physical aspect of a player should coincide.

I think I saw that the Huskers class was rated at about 35th and KSU's was about 40th.

Bottom line is the higher ranked recruiting teams is where players want to go. Naturally they'll get the best. It's just a fact.

One Big 12 ranking:

http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=Big-12

The thing with Snyder is that he will coach the heck out of those guys and most of his players will knock the p... out of you!
Some of those 5* players will pan out and some won't but I'm not running down those top recruiting classes..... the SEC is sure attracting a lot of talent.

jigs said:
I was pleased with the typical Snyder recruiting class....low key, blue collar kids with potential he will coax out of them.,..... ESPN has us picked as worst class in the Big 12.....every year we get a poor class, and excel with those players.....

16 steps to greatness according to Snyder. follow those steps, and great things happen....he just needs kids to listen, and believe in those steps.....keep your 5 star players, they don't believe in team

Your definition of "excel" must differ from most.

Jigs, if 8 highly recruited 5 star athletes would of committed to KSU and BYU, you and I would both be bouncing of light fixtures with excitement. :D We just pretend we don't need them cause they don't sign with our schools. :wink:

On a side note, I sent several letters of intent out myself, as I have eligibility left in college and happen to be an amazing athlete. But they were all returned unaccepted. :shock: :cry: :cry: Apparently nobody wants a 45 year old, slow, dim-witted, over-weight, short, broken-down cowboy as their QB? I even sent in dvd's showing off my skills! What's the world coming too? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I may have a shot at KSU though! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: (KIDDING) :wink:

leanin' H said:
Jigs, if 8 highly recruited 5 star athletes would of committed to KSU and BYU, you and I would both be bouncing of light fixtures with excitement. :D We just pretend we don't need them cause they don't sign with our schools. :wink:

On a side note, I sent several letters of intent out myself, as I have eligibility left in college and happen to be an amazing athlete. But they were all returned unaccepted. :shock: :cry: :cry: Apparently nobody wants a 45 year old, slow, dim-witted, over-weight, short, broken-down cowboy as their QB? I even sent in dvd's showing off my skills! What's the world coming too? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forget about college. Go Pro....Dallas has about 80 old slow, dim witted, ovewrweight, short, borken down cowboys hanging around. You might just improve the overall performance of the team. Darn sure couldn't hurt it. :wink: :wink:

TexasBred said:
leanin' H said:

Forget about college. Go Pro....Dallas has about 80 old slow, dim witted, ovewrweight, short, borken down cowboys hanging around. You might just improve the overall performance of the team. Darn sure couldn't hurt it. :wink: :wink:

I could never play for the hated cowboys! :twisted: As a lifelong Steeler's fan, Dallas has always been like the Yankees and lakers to me. I am thinking maybe the lingerie league! 8)

leanin' H said:

yes, this fat boy would do back flips if a few 5* athletes were to sign on at KSU...but I promise you, if they did not work as hard as the kids who walk on, they will not see the field...Snyder runs a mean tough ship...his rules or bye bye..... not many old school guys like him left.

Not sure I understand how good recruiting could be your downfall. Someone care to explain?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1951188-how-secs-recruiting-prowess-could-be-end-of-conferences-run-of-dominance

jigs said:

Two conference championships since the birth of Christ is excelling?

our two are far more recent than anything NU has done... NU is a joke....the downward siral is so fun for those of us on the other side of the fence to watch.... it is similar to the husker program is the Titanic as it sinks away, and husker fans are the band playing like nothing is wrong.....

We all know what you think of Nebraska.

It doesn't matter what you think of Nebraska.

'Splain to us how 2 conference championships since the birth of Christ is "excelling".

loomixguy said:
We all know what you think of Nebraska.

It doesn't matter what you think of Nebraska.

'Splain to us how 2 conference championships since the birth of Christ is "excelling".

Excuse me, but I think he was talking about Snyder's accomplishments. Not ancient history. :roll:

He has done pretty well compared to "Before Snyder" (BS) :lol:

Looking back on the Husker years, looks like Nebraska had some very bad teams back from about 1941 through about 1961. They sucked.

Of course everyone has had bad years at some point in time.............
Year W L T %
1940-49 34 57 0 .374
1950-59 39 58 3 .405

Since that time, Mike...starting at what let's call the beginning of the Devaney era, we've done slightly better than 2 conference championships from then until now.

But then I'm told repeatedly that history is irrelevant.

I whole heartedly admit to the history of KSU, and am VERY proud of the team we have become comparatively.... I think we are moving forward.... my point is,. the two conference titles are more recent than anything NU has done....

now I also see the history of NU, and admit they had a good run, but now that run is over and they are going backwards, not forwards.... that is the part you refuse to see.....

KSU will get a conference title before NU in football..... and that should settle any argument concerning which team is more relevant

You're still avoiding the question....how are you "excelling" when ALL you've ever done is TWO conference championships? Forget about your misguided hatred of Nebraska for a minute and explain yourself. I'm sure fans of other schools in the Big XII and SEC are curious as well.....

Latest posts