• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nebraska Grazing Conference

Help Support Ranchers.net:

flyingS

Reaction score
We just got home from the Nebraska Grazing Conference, it was fun. I really enjoy these types of siminars. Today was mainly based on stockmanship. Curt Pate spoke and gave demonstration, he is tremendous. Do any of you make an effort to take advantage of education programs in you area.

[/u]

It all depends on the value of the information you get from something like this. Taking the time may pay 10 fold in the scheme of things. I find it is very easy for me to always find something that needs to be done at home. You never know what the value of the program maybe, this one has been very valuable to me. I didn't feel like I had time to go, yet it opened up some tremendous opportunities for me.

I saw that one advertised and had it been closer, I would have gone. I've seen Curt Pate before and learned a lot, but wasn't this one going to have him demonstrating low-stress roping? That's something I'm real interested in.

I feel the same way about those kinds of deals, can't afford not to go especially when it's close by. I don't put up much high quality hay, so I usually figure leaving it lay for a day is a price I'm willing to pay.

FYI Allan Savory will be speaking in Brookings, SD on Sept 10. Should be pretty interesting. For more info click on the link. http://www.sdgrass.org/uploads/1/8/6/5/18654664/allan_savory_flyer-august_2014.pdf

Latest posts