• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nebraska Sandhills Ranches information

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nebraska Sandhills

Reaction score
I glanced at The Fence Post magazine today as I was eating lunch and really enjoyed the summary of the recent Sandhills Cattle Association tour written by Soapweed's father. He really did a nice job of describing the various outfits and what made each ranch unique. I also enjoyed the pictures that Soapweed shared. It got me to wondering if anyone knows of any books written about some of the historic ranches in Nebraska? I know some of these "old" ranches have been sold in recent years, but there is still a lot of fourth or fifth generation ranches out there and I guess I just really like the history side of things, especially when it comes to Nebraska agriculture. If anyone could point me towards some information I would really appreciate it.

Nebraska Sandhills said:
I glanced at The Fence Post magazine today as I was eating lunch and really enjoyed the summary of the recent Sandhills Cattle Association tour written by Soapweed's father. He really did a nice job of describing the various outfits and what made each ranch unique. I also enjoyed the pictures that Soapweed shared. It got me to wondering if anyone knows of any books written about some of the historic ranches in Nebraska? I know some of these "old" ranches have been sold in recent years, but there is still a lot of fourth or fifth generation ranches out there and I guess I just really like the history side of things, especially when it comes to Nebraska agriculture. If anyone could point me towards some information I would really appreciate it.

The Cherry County history book, entitled A SANDHILLS CENTURY has quite a bit of old-time ranch history in it. There are two volumes in this set, and I think they can still be purchased. Try The Town Square in Valentine or the Cherry County Historical Society during business hours. Your local library might be able to get a copy borrowed for you.

Latest posts