• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

need another head count...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Should have done that yesterday morning. There was about 4 inches of new snow on the ground and weighing the tree branches down! It was scenic, but not great fun to drive on. But most drivers do know how to drive in snowy conditions, and it did pretty well disappear by noon.

Going down a rather steep part of the hill, where there is a yellow building on the left, about half way through the video, is the Colonial House restaurant. Very good food. Real home made pies, well all their food is home made. Great salad they will put shrimp, or salmon or steak done as you like with. Even have very good steaks, though one of the several 'name brand' steak houses MAY have better ones. Usually have lunch there, so don't usually have a big meal.

mrj

mrj said:
Should have done that yesterday morning. There was about 4 inches of new snow on the ground and weighing the tree branches down! It was scenic, but not great fun to drive on. But most drivers do know how to drive in snowy conditions, and it did pretty well disappear by noon.

Going down a rather steep part of the hill, where there is a yellow building on the left, about half way through the video, is the Colonial House restaurant. Very good food. Real home made pies, well all their food is home made. Great salad they will put shrimp, or salmon or steak done as you like with. Even have very good steaks, though one of the several 'name brand' steak houses MAY have better ones. Usually have lunch there, so don't usually have a big meal.

mrj

I think........you and I are looking at two different videos. The one I viewed showed heifer calves being sorted......... :D

You could have sent them here. Good looking cattle thats for sure. On a side note my 14 year old son is in the market for a few reg. Hereford heifers,bred heifers or cows. He's got $5000 to spend and keeps wanting some sheep to which I have no interest in that endevor. If I let him buy some Herefords that may do it.

Denny said:
You could have sent them here. Good looking cattle thats for sure. On a side note my 14 year old son is in the market for a few reg. Hereford heifers,bred heifers or cows. He's got $5000 to spend and keeps wanting some sheep to which I have no interest in that endevor. If I let him buy some Herefords that may do it.

Sheep vs Herefords man that kid has a tough decision. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Faster horses said:
mrj said:

mrj

I think........you and I are looking at two different videos. The one I viewed showed heifer calves being sorted......... :D

Ya I wasn't going to touch that one faster. I got an acquaintance that sometimes in a conversation he'll give a response that kinda spooks a guy just a bit or atleast in your head you'll say "what the heck". Anyhow I thought maybe he forgot to take his meds or something...

I kid... I kid. Sorry mrj couldn't help myself. It's a personal problem... I have a hard time not putting my foot in my mouth.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Denny said:

Sheep vs Herefords man that kid has a tough decision. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Reminds me of the days of Wilson on here. Haven't laughed so hard over a post on here since then. Hereford vs sheep ill have to remember that. Also reminds me of recent conversation. I bought a black bull and the fella used the angus folks favorite line... You know, the once you go black... Yada yada. So I said "that's cause the effer kills ya before you get the chance". He was the first person I remember to laugh.

51 by the way and thanks Denny. Someday I'd like to come see your cows.

Right, FH, I did also look at the video of a drive through Rapid City on Hiway 16, aka 8th st. It was interesting to wonder what others think as they are taking a drive which is routine for me, as that is a frequent route from our sons' home into town when we are there overnight. At least I got in two appointments with one trip this week. AND first one was afternoon, and second day was near noon, so didn't take ALL of both days.

Then completely forgot to comment on the calves going on the road. They do look nice, but confess I couldn't see them very well as I have the worst head cold of my life, and my eyes were affected to the point it was hard to tell which was 'running' the most, eyes or nose. I really hate not being able to read when I don't feel well, at least if I can read, I get some good out of time spent recuperating. Still in 'the sick pen', but am finally some better today. Most colds don't stay with me more than a couple of days, so have POSSIBLY been a bit grumpy this week.

mrj

Latest posts