• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Need some Ideas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Team1roper

Reaction score
Our 4-H club is going to start sending care packages to the servicemen and women over seas once a month and the box will be about 12 inches deep 18 inches long and 12 inches wide.
I know some of you folks have either family or friends over seas and would like to know some of the requests you have heard or ideas you have that we can purchase.

Thanks

WetOnes..or even babywipes...was a big want from my nephew...since they don't have much for showers, the WetONes came in handy alot. Also prewrapped candy for the soliders to hand out to the kids...He said that they gave the local kids candy and they smiled so big. Another thing was those little heatpacks that you put in your gloves and boots. It does get cold over there. But anything they really appreciate. OH ya..Deorderant too! Stick kind. That's a great project for your kids...

Jerky is a hot item over there as are those prepaid phone cards!!! They also need sunscreen, chapstick, playing cards, books (they love to read in their "spare time"), dried fruit, writing paper, envelopes, stamps, hard candy (like lemon drops and peppermints).

Don't send chocolate when it is hot there, but my nephew requested chocolate candy the past 2 months while it was cold there. I sent him 21 pounds of choc bars and choc caramels. It didn't take long for the guys to devour it.

jerky is always a hit, presweetened drink mixes like Tang, cocoa mix is good, right now those hand warmers, hard candy, just about anything will make them happy. sw's man says the jerky is the first to go. He asked for some more white socks and those hand warmers at Christmas cause it was colder over there than it was here. He got a bunch of that silly string, they have not used it to find trip wires or anything but it was something to play with for a little distraction. Any hand lotion, Wipes, it will get used. This is a good project for those kids, everybody sends stuff at Christmas, sending them stuff this time of the year is good as everyone else seems to forget. I sent a bunch of expensive cigars ($8 each) to his platoon for Christmas, but they are saving them for when they get back on the beach in Hawaii to celebrate leaving the giant cat box. We use those Flat rate boxes from USPS, the box is free and it costs $8.10 no matter how much it weighs and you can stuff alot of things in them. I just packed one last night, has magazines, licorice, Dots, peppermint sticks, peanuts, chicken soup mix (dry), cocoa mix, gum and a box of Doritos. Still got room to through in some chap stick and stuff like that. Tell those kids that I said Thank You to them :!:

Latest posts