• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Neil Waugh

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mrs.Greg

Reaction score
This summer I was reading an artical in hunting or fishing mag. I remember this story about Fly fishing I believe, I remember really enjoying the story.Darn greg gave mags away to daughters BF. But am I mistaken but I thought it was written by someone by the name of Neil Waugh???

If it was in Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide than that was probably me.
Barry is kind enough to let me scribble a yarn each year. This year's was on trout in the Neutral Hills/Special Areas. Great ranching country too.
Not the first place you'd expect to find trout way out on the Alberta desert, but some pretty decent fly fishing none the less.
I got a piece coming up soon in Western Sportsman on winter flyfishing for pike - including the Battle River Reservoir which I take it is not too far from your place.
Getting on the water in yer belly boat on a chinook day in February is just like stealing. Without a Mountie coming after you.
Sometimes I'll stop off at that little steak house on the highway at Forestburg for a glass of red and a piece of meat. The name of the place escapes me.

YES...that was the story.Really enjoyed it. :) I tend to read anything with words,seen the mag sitting on my table. Know the Nuetral hills-special areas,so read it. Battle River slew is the name we use for the river...hope you didn't eat any fish from too close to the plant. The restaurant your talking about is Cedars. Turn at that restauraunt,go north to the golf course,theres a restaurant there called Forest tree, Greg swears hes THE best steak cook in Alta. Try it next time your through. Will look for that upcoming artical.

Well thanks for reading, Barry and I appreciate that. I'll try that other steak place next time I'm down. With a recomendation like that do I have any choice?

Latest posts