• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

nest

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Still feeding only a few days left in the stack yard and a goose got a nest op top and the end of the row of round bales.... guess I'll have to leave a few and go to the next stack yard. Watched once as a goose got her babies down off a high stack of small squares one spring they just tumbled down, nobody hurt. But they would disappear crossing a feed yard as they fall into a deep hoof print then pop up and fall into the next.

We've got one too!

We've got a row of round bales stacked two high to block the wind for the cows, and she nests on top of them every year. So's so predictable that she sits on the same bale every year. She has been coming back every spring for at least seven or eight years now. It was really windy last week, and a couple of the top bales next to her fell over. Her bales stayed up though, so it's looking good for her now. :)

mine are stacked 2 on end with a 3rd on the round, but half a bale is uncovered 2 high and she got her nest there. It a old slab yard and the other day she was on her nest watching a bald eagle on top of a slap not 20 feet away. When I got up closer to the yard a golden that made the bald look small took off from inside the yard. The goose is still there.... as is the a couple of egale feathers

The proud Momma. Taken while balancing carefully on top of the quad... When you get real close, she puts her head down and gives you a look that would kill. But she doesn't move. LOL

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

Latest posts