• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Creekstone Proposal

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
frenchie said:
Oldtimer said:
First off frenchman - you need to read the whole thread--I didn't make the claim- a Canadian did- BSE Tester... :???:
As far as who in Canada is doing it- the evidence was never allowed to be brought out at trial--YET.....

Again answer the question Ot...Who are these cattle producers that you heard were breaking the feed ban. Give me names .

If Bullheadedness is an indicator FRENCHMEN would top the list :lol: :lol:

Answer the question Ot ..don,t dodge it ..give me names

frenchie said:
Oldtimer said:
frenchie said:
Again answer the question Ot...Who are these cattle producers that you heard were breaking the feed ban. Give me names .

frenchie- Come to Billings when it goes to trial and you get your names-- By the way whats yours? Is it on the list too?

Oldtimer said:
frenchie said:
Oldtimer said:

frenchie- Come to Billings when it goes to trial and you get your names-- By the way whats yours? Is it on the list too?

You already know my name Ot ....did you forget.... getting a little senile perhaps.

I get a real kick out of you.Just like an old lady.....a real old gossip.i heard this , I heard that ,but you can,t back it up.

Again answer the question OT.

Frenchie I SOOOO have to agree with you,unless somthing that is said has backing its NOTHING but gossip!

bse-tester said:
Still did not answer a simple question batman!!

Hell Tim, if you found a dirty plate under your next meal or lipstick on the coffee cup at the restaurant next time you go out for supper, you would scream to high heaven, so why should the consumer not demand safe and healthy products from producers? Especially if the cost of testing was so low that it made perfect sense to test??

Do you think you can answer this question - honestly - withoutinsults and rhetoric?

Consumers should and do demand safe and healthy products from producers. What consumers in North America are NOT demanding is that their beef be 100% tested for BSE. It seems to be only the folks that are trying to sell tests that are demanding that one. :roll:
Tell me bse-tester, did Japan re-impose its ban on US beef because it was not tested or was it because a shipment contained SRM???
Japan continues to(voluntarily) test 100% of their domestic cattle for BSE. Do they remove SRM's as well?? An honest yes or no answer will suffice.

Mrs.Greg said:
Frenchie I SOOOO have to agree with you,unless somthing that is said has backing its NOTHING but gossip!

Mrs. Greg-- Many of those rumors could have either been proven or put to bed if the USDA, Packers, NCBA, Canadian govt, and Canadian cattlemens groups had not fought R-CALF so hard and the issue would have went to trial...

But it appears as tho those groups didn't want any of this to surface... WHY? Remember the Judge ruled there was sufficient evidence to warrant further action, including an injunction- even tho he had not heard or seen all the direct evidence...This shows a strong case... The Apellate court never overruled this- they only ruled that USDA has unchallangable authority to interpret the info and make the rules....

But many in both countries don't want to know what is really happening....

Just listened to the noon Northern Ag news-- Lead feature was the latest Canadian cow investigation- and how these cattle are getting tainted feed- and being born post feedban :???: The announcer was asking why a cow born 3 years after the feedban is testing positive...Makes people talk and wonder....

OK Oldtimer lets for one minute agree with what your saying,why IF people like BSE tester claim to KNOW there are feed suppliers still doing what is NOT supposed to be done,WHY will he NOT report this himself OR give me the names and I'll hand them over to these Government officials I know will handle them...like I have said before,as cattle producers we want to know our beef is safe...TRUST ME I know of NO cattle producers that are willingly feeding so called tainted feed...thats a fact not gossip!!

Mrs.Greg said:
OK Oldtimer lets for one minute agree with what your saying,why IF people like BSE tester claim to KNOW there are feed suppliers still doing what is NOT supposed to be done,WHY will he NOT report this himself OR give me the names and I'll hand them over to these Government officials I know will handle them...like I have said before,as cattle producers we want to know our beef is safe...TRUST ME I know of NO cattle producers that are willingly feeding so called tainted feed...thats a fact not gossip!!

I thought he posted once that he would PM anyone that requested the names of the Feed Companies involved.....And I too would have liked to have seen the evidence R-CALF claimed they had involving Feed Companies and contaminated feed- since from experience I know much of the true fact does not come to light until someone is subpeonaed and put under oath......

Got to run now-- They just called and the Judge got sick and they have several arraignments lined up for the afternoon...Got to switch hats for awhile- slip my robes over my cow stained jeans :wink: :lol: .....

Oldtimer said:
Mrs.Greg said:

I thought he posted once that he would PM anyone that requested the names of the Feed Companies involved.....And I too would have liked to have seen the evidence R-CALF claimed they had involving Feed Companies and contaminated feed- since from experience I know much of the true fact does not come to light until someone is subpeonaed and put under oath......

Got to run now-- They just called and the Judge got sick and they have several arraignments lined up for the afternoon...Got to switch hats for awhile- slip my robes over my cow stained jeans :wink: :lol: .....

YOU A JUDGE????????????

OT's delivery of verdict : "Well I heard from Joe at the bar that Sam said he thought he heard from Jack that John saw the offender run a stop sign."

OT: "G U I L T Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Defense: "But Oldtimer he was late for an R-Clan meeting!"

OT:"Still guilty but I fine $50 for another R-Clan membership."

Sheeez! :roll: :roll:

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:
Your tag-line reads "Canadian beef - a cut above the rest". If you truly believe that, why do you want your product lumped with ours? That is exactly what this "North American Beef" concept does - it blurs the lines between the two countries and puts your "cut above" beef in the same bin and same label as beef from Hondouras. Is that what you want?

I have never said I was against labeling beef as Canadian as long as American beef is also labeled as American. I'll put our beef up against yours any day of the week.

Do you realize that you're siding with R-CALF on one of their major issues?

Nope they are siding with me.

I have taken that stance since summer 2003, long before R-Clan even thought of it.

TimH said:
bse-tester said:

Hell Tim, if you found a dirty plate under your next meal or lipstick on the coffee cup at the restaurant next time you go out for supper, you would scream to high heaven, so why should the consumer not demand safe and healthy products from producers? Especially if the cost of testing was so low that it made perfect sense to test??

Do you think you can answer this question - honestly - withoutinsults and rhetoric?

Consumers should and do demand safe and healthy products from producers. What consumers in North America are NOT demanding is that their beef be 100% tested for BSE. It seems to be only the folks that are trying to sell tests that are demanding that one. :roll:
Tell me bse-tester, did Japan re-impose its ban on US beef because it was not tested or was it because a shipment contained SRM???
Japan continues to(voluntarily) test 100% of their domestic cattle for BSE. Do they remove SRM's as well?? An honest yes or no answer will suffice.

It's your turn bse-tester............. :)

TimH said:
TimH said:
bse-tester said:

It's your turn bse-tester............. :)

Tim, why do you ask bse tester questions that you should be asking the Japanese? It seems kind of like asking Alberta law clerks to answer questions on packer profitability during the "salmon run".

If you don't have good faith efforts in ANY business deal there are going to be repercussions. You can't "force" free trade on any country that thinks you don't have good faith.

Econ wrote...

Tim, why do you ask bse tester questions that you should be asking the Japanese? It seems kind of like asking Alberta law clerks to answer questions on packer profitability during the "salmon run".

If you don't have good faith efforts in ANY business deal there are going to be repercussions. You can't "force" free trade on any country that thinks you don't have good faith.

Because I don't speak Japanese. :roll:
Speaking of "salmon", Econ, are you aware that salmon is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids? These are said to be very good for you, particularly in that they seem to stimulate and enhance brain function. :)

TimH said:
Econ wrote...

Because I don't speak Japanese. :roll:
Speaking of "salmon", Econ, are you aware that salmon is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids? These are said to be very good for you, particularly in that they seem to stimulate and enhance brain function. :)

Yes, TimH., I do know that. As a matter of fact, night before last I cooked some salmon patties out of a wild caught salmon. They were extremely good. If eating salmon could solve some of the intelligence problems I see coming out of the packer backers in Canada, I woul ship a load to you.

Tim, you still have not answered my questions.

I am waiting (you don't have to speak Japanese to answer them).

Do you discount Creekstone's contention that the cost of the test would be more than offset by the benefits of exporting to Japan? The tests could actually PAY producers through higher prices selling to Japan. Why not let the market handle this one?

I moved this onto its own thread just for you, Tim.

Latest posts