• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New holland balers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nd

Reaction score
Whats the difference between a roll-belt 560 and a br7090... and your opinions on them?

I had a 650 and now a 7070 they the same other then the 7070 has grease packs on each side of the baler, and there might be one less chain and the twine moved to the sides.

Sorry I cant comment on the 560 but I can remark on the 7090. We had a BR780 and they had issues with the pickup. Huge trouble feeding the material to start the bale in certain conditions. Saying that all those problems are gone with the BR7090. The extra wide pickup will pickup anything and changes to the stuffer system gets it in to start that bale.We installed OEM side plates on the pickup to persuade the big swath to feed into the pickup and not get caught on the sides and then go in as a clump. Less chains on the 7090 and larger tires are easier on the axles. The kicker system has been reinforced on the axle so no more cracking on the mounts. If running net wrap the quality of net is most important. NH had some real junk two years ago and has now changed suppliers and we have zero issues. Might be more but my coffee is done and my cows want me.

The 560 is New Holland's latest model and this will essentially be the first season that they're in the field. I think that they are still the same roll-a-belt design like they have always been, but I'd say the jury is still out on them. I'd hate to own the first year of a new design (remember the BR780 :( ).

We had a BR 750 an the pickup was the weak link. Running a BR7070 now and it is a superior baler. After this year it will be time to trade and I think by then the new series will be in production for the 4x6 balers. Have heard good reports but it's still early on them.

Thanks for all the input...Lets all pray for a great hay crop and all need new balers! :)

Latest posts