• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New jobs in NY

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soda and other sugar-sweetened, high-calorie beverages are known to be important contributors to obesity because people tend to over-consume calories when they come in liquid form, French said. The proposal would ban the sale of some sugar-sweetened drinks — including soda, coffee, tea, and fruit drinks — in servings larger than 16 ounces at New York City

a person on the local news asked why large coffee was included, and the heath department officials answer is they can add sugar to make it exceed the calorie cap.. so it is just easier to ban the Large size altogether..

and I last I checked wasn't real fruit juice supposed to be good for you?

like their smoking ban, this doesn't effect me as I do not drink soda,. or other drinks included in the ban except for the coffee.. (which I can get a 24oz one before going into the city just to piss them off) :twisted:

just more nanny city crap... from a dictator for life,... I'll bet New Yorkers start remembering why they had term limits...

studies have shown that outright bans of soda and junk food in schools did not reduce the weight of students.

Steve said:
Soda and other sugar-sweetened, high-calorie beverages are known to be important contributors to obesity because people tend to over-consume calories when they come in liquid form, French said. The proposal would ban the sale of some sugar-sweetened drinks — including soda, coffee, tea, and fruit drinks — in servings larger than 16 ounces at New York City

a person on the local news asked why large coffee was included, and the heath department officials answer is they can add sugar to make it exceed the calorie cap.. so it is just easier to ban the Large size altogether..

and I last I checked wasn't real fruit juice supposed to be good for you?

like their smoking ban, this doesn't effect me as I do not drink soda,. or other drinks included in the ban except for the coffee.. (which I can get a 24oz one before going into the city just to p*** them off) :twisted:

just more nanny city crap... from a dictator for life,... I'll bet New Yorkers start remembering why they had term limits...

studies have shown that outright bans of soda and junk food in schools did not reduce the weight of students.

These people who want to control every thing we do...in this instance
it really is plain stupid. If I want more than 16 oz of anything on the list,
I'll just go down the street an buy another one! :roll:

Latest posts