• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Movies/reviews

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I am renting "7 Days in Utopia" for us to watch this evening.
It stars Robert Duval and Lucas Black.

I have heard "Couragous" is a wonderful movie, and it comes
out for rental on Jan. 17.

I thought I would like to see "War Horse" but everyone that I know
that has seen it, hated it. They said it was "Black Beauty times 10."
And that came from horse people and none horse people alike,
so guess I'll pass on that one.

Any movies you folks would recommend?

Went to see Sherlock Holmes with a couple of our sons the other night and considered it a waste of time. Oh well, Gcreek got to talk to the missus instead of me . . . :wink:

I finally got to get a movie that DAD wanted on netflix...seems like the kids always log on and add thiers right to the top.

spent last night watching a classic....Harley Davidson and the MarlboroMan

Ohhhh FH...my riley and i read Warhorse and he would make me read chapter after chapter after chapter (even though the agreement was ONE chapter a night....yeah, that didn't work!!) because it was soooo good!! he and i are both wanting to see the movie, but have not gotten the chance to travel to the big city of Boze-Angeles or Butte to see...now that the holidays are over, maybe we can take the time to check it out!!

I'm not really into guns and violence.. But I think Mark Walhberg is hot!! So I would say Shooter is good.. Gernerally I watch the Hallmark channel. Independence Day?? How about the new Karate KId movie?? With Jackie Chan....Country Strong with FAith Hills hubby?? I'm having a brain fart. Anything with SAndra Bullock.. Blind Side, Miss congeniality.

I highly recommend "Pure Country2--The Gift". We watched it last night.
Best movie we've seen in a long time. I hadn't heard anything about it
but picked it up at the video store since George Strait was on the cover.
It is NOTHING like Pure Country (which we enjoyed) and it is a great
FAMILY MOVIE!!! Great message, good acting, fine story!!

My cousins went to WarHorse and loved it. My 83 year old aunt is going this week with her friend. I can't wait for them to buy it so we can see it :wink:

If you enjoyed the old drive inn movie fare of blood and boobs, check out "Machete Maidens Unleashed" available for instant streaming on Netflix. It follows the drive inn classic B movies from the late 60's & 70's that were made in the Philippines for about 10 bucks and grossed millions worldwide. Lots of interviews with directors and actors. Pretty neat.

Katrina, the only good thing about "Shooter" is Kate Mara's first scene in that white tank top. :wink: :shock: Whether in "Deliverance" or "Shooter", Ned Beatty always has the hardest part. :twisted:

If boredom sets in at the plant, I either pop in "Black Hawk Down" or "The Searchers" in the DVD player. Although most of the actors in BHD are Brits, they have every move, word, and action down perfectly. Almost like you were realy there with them in Mogadishu.

"The Searchers". What is there to say? The Duke at his absolute finest. Ward Bond, Ken Curtis, Harry Carey, Jr., and a very young Natalie Wood. Don't get much better.

For DVD series, it's hard to beat "The Sopranos". I'd like to get the complete series of "Entourage". I also watch my "Wagon Train" collection and "Tales of Wells Fargo" with Dale Robertson several times a year.

Tom Sizemore should be in every war movie ever made. Ought to be in his contract, especially since he cleaned his drug use up.

we had "family" day on the 1st (til i had to go to work) and watched LEMONY SNICKETS:SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS (with jim carey and 3 of the most amazing child actors i have seen in a long time....very very good) and SECOND HAND LIONS....then i went to work.....sighhhhh!!
:wink: :wink:

V_Key and I went to see "War Horse"
Pat Parnilli (sp) Type Training - A Black Beauty type Tear Jerker by people that didn't know Horses
Horse goes through Mustard Gas and Miles of Barb Wire that bring him down and only has one little cut on his shoulder.

kris said:
we had "family" day on the 1st (til i had to go to work) and watched LEMONY SNICKETS:SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS (with jim carey and 3 of the most amazing child actors i have seen in a long time....very very good) and SECOND HAND LIONS....then i went to work.....sighhhhh!!
:wink: :wink:

Oh, kris. Second Hand Lions is one of my very most favorite movies.
It's a classic.

And OD/NT, I heard War Horse had some pretty fakey parts. Too bad.
Ruins a good movie. Why do they do that?

Latest posts