• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Nebraska bull arrived

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hay Feeder

Reaction score
I finally went up to Nebraska to get my new Angus Bull
This is not my first time dad started getting purebred cattle from western Nebraska since 1970
This new bull has a lot of breeding from Kenneth Spencer Culberton Nebraska
Can any of the Sandhiills people tell me about his cattle

When I was a pup, and Dad had his first baldie heifers, he bought a Spencer bull. As best I remember, those daughters got bred to a bull from Kansas, and a Schurr bull. They then got crossed with a Shorthorn from Alma, Ne, resulting in some red-neck baldies. I believe another Spencer bull came along, to even up the bunch. When the herd sold in 1979, they topped the market, for what it was worth that day.
I am an ameauter student of Angus lineage, if you have Kenny Spencer breeding, that should be good stuff, from the old school.

Maverick came from Benkelman Nebraska. Most I every paid for one
We did not get very many breeding cattle up there but in my lifetime something on this place have those genetics northern Kansas and Nebraska
I remember dad getting cows and selling bulls from Jerry Simonson in Kansas
Ogalla Neb. I have had several from more north from Jerry Adamson and more reciently Krebs and Jake Scott

Latest posts