• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

new swather

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
8,439
Reaction score
0
Location
KANSAS
well, we went to Husker Harvest Days Tuesday, and we saw alot of interesting new things. A bunch of new equipment, there were cutting horse competitions, dog working exhibits, the "horse whisperer" , and alot of damned fine women in wranglers........

but the one thing that just blew my mind was the new swather from Claas. it is a 50 foot swather powered by a 375 horse motor. this sucker was big!! it dwarfed the combines in size, and was just incredible to see. The sales man said in trials, they were swathing 12 foot tall feed, and then chopping it for the feedlot. they ran this swather for 3 hours, and it took 3 of the biggest choppers most of the day to pick it up!!

the beast averages 50 acres per hour! and only costs $385, 000. I am thinking about ordering one.....anyone want to borrow it??

here is a website to see the pictures of it working

http://www.claas.com/uk/aktuell/aktuell_coa.htm
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
Whoa! 50 acres per hour?

Jigs, about 10 hours a year would be enough for me. Put me down for the last week in May.

No pictures of them Wranglers?
 

jigs

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
8,439
Reaction score
0
Location
KANSAS
Mike said:
Whoa! 50 acres per hour?

Jigs, about 10 hours a year would be enough for me. Put me down for the last week in May.

No pictures of them Wranglers?

yes Mike....many pics of those wranglers.....they dance around in my head as I fall asleep......

all I know is there were alot of hot women there, that I wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting.
 

Soapweed

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
16,263
Reaction score
51
Location
northern Nebraska Sandhills
jigs said:
yes Mike....many pics of those wranglers.....they dance around in my head as I fall asleep......

all I know is there were alot of hot women there, that I wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, jigs, but aren't you happily married? I remember seeing four good looking kids standing out in a wheat field in a picture that you posted. And you have an excellent cow leasing program going on with your father-in-law, that was so "too good to be true" that someone even indicated you might almost considered to be "subsidized". Why would you want to jeopardize your perfect life situation by doing any more than looking at all those females filling their wranglers?

Sure we all like to look. Any red-blooded American male would. But it is probably for the best to merely "window shop" and not stop to "buy". This is just a kindly admonition from an old guy who has seen the world turn for a lot of years. Some "riches to rags" stories have developed because good people haven't been able to keep their hands out of the cookie jar.
 

katrina

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
8,773
Reaction score
2
Location
East north east of Soapweed
Hey Jigs did you see my hubby and son?? They were there with the Valentine ag society.. They were disgusted with all the grain the combines were throwing over... Was real hard for them to keep quite. Carter had to interview 4 people for a grade and get signatures of others. They were in hog heaven.
 

jigs

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
8,439
Reaction score
0
Location
KANSAS
Soapweed said:
jigs said:
yes Mike....many pics of those wranglers.....they dance around in my head as I fall asleep......

all I know is there were alot of hot women there, that I wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, jigs, but aren't you happily married? I remember seeing four good looking kids standing out in a wheat field in a picture that you posted. And you have an excellent cow leasing program going on with your father-in-law, that was so "too good to be true" that someone even indicated you might almost considered to be "subsidized". Why would you want to jeopardize your perfect life situation by doing any more than looking at all those females filling their wranglers?

Sure we all like to look. Any red-blooded American male would. But it is probably for the best to merely "window shop" and not stop to "buy". This is just a kindly admonition from an old guy who has seen the world turn for a lot of years. Some "riches to rags" stories have developed because good people haven't been able to keep their hands out of the cookie jar.


oh yes, Soapweed I am very happily married and have no intentions of straying, but boy it is hard to get those visions out of a guys head.

it is pretty sad how many people "jump the fence" and ruin a good thing. One guy told me that I would be crazy to mess around....could lose my farm, cattle, and be paying big bucks on child support.....I told him if I lost everything it would not matter, but if I lost the wife and kids, it would kill me.

he thought I had it all backwards!! that the land and cows were a better deal than the family.

If all I had was a tent and a rifle, as long as we were all 6 together, we would be RICH !

but thanks for the conscern Soapweed.......
 

Cal

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
3,598
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern SD
It'd have to be fast to get done before it ran out of fuel. Just judging by how the JD rotaries are pretty thirsty.
 

Latest posts

Top