• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Tax:

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this, Just heard on Fox our Goverment is looking at a new Mileage Tax, Plus they want keep tract when and where we are traveling, and this on top of other gas taxes. 101

This will be more than just another tax, a major driving privacy loss. The units will use GPS to log miles along with when and where you drive along with your driving habits. Very bad idea.

Why would the govt. need or even want to know something like this. Beaurocracy has too many employees dreaming this crap up.

That's what I don't get ??? We know they want more money but why do they want to know where we are going or where we have been ?? What's it going to cost us to have someone keep track of that ??? 101

101 said:
Has anyone heard of this, Just heard on Fox our Goverment is looking at a new Mileage Tax, Plus they want keep tract when and where we are traveling, and this on top of other gas taxes. 101

yep.. the analogy is that as more drive gas-less cars they will be driving free :lol:

so states would need to find a new way to tax them for road use..

in states with inspections a quick check of the odometer would show how much is owed..

Here's a link to a story about it:

http://visiontoamerica.org/459/obama-floats-plan-to-tax-cars-by-the-mile/

They're calling it "Transportation Opportunities Act."
The libs come up with such nice-sounding names for destroying
the country.

Such a tax will affect the "red states" moreso because we have to
travel such far distances. :x

I hope this is stopped...

Many states, if not all, have ways of collecting road taxes for fuels such as propane where tax cannot be collected at the pump, Why would electric cars be any different?

OK now I understand the miles!! But why do they need to know where i"m going and where i've been, God help us all ???

This tax has been in place for commercial viechiels for decades!

I pay a quarterly IFTA tax on every mile driven on trucks over 36,000# plate rating and in Indiana for the last 4 years they are going after pick-up trucks doing landscaping work and cars with signs identifing themselves as commercial!

The local NAPA delivery driver had his truck towed as he did not have a fuel permit. Owner had to apply for Indiana fuel permits befor the truck was released. On dump trucks I have to pay $0.12 per mile for every mile driven - - - - I don't know how much they charge the small trucks.

And they also collect an annual "wheel tax" here. It is $25.00 for cars and pick-ups $250.00 for dump trucks and semi tractors and the one that pisses me off the most is the $40.00 for motorcycles!

I'm sure there are people still laying awake nights trying to think of more ways to take our money!

They still have bicycles, skateboards, and even running shoes- all are used on public roadways. :lol: :lol:

TSR said:
They still have bicycles, skateboards, and even running shoes- all are used on public roadways. :lol: :lol:

If he gets re-elected, that's all we'll have left. The left and right coasts love him.

TSR said:

If he gets re-elected, that's all we'll have left.

They still have bicycles, skateboards, and even running shoes- all are used on public roadways.

Add to that, we can look forward to rickshaw pullers on the roads

Latest posts