• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

new tax

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hopalong

Reaction score
Fwd: Sneaky New Tax by the White House

> 1% tax on all bank transactions HR 4646
>
> This government just cannot think of enough ways to hurt the American people!This Bill must die FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!
>
> 1% tax on all bank transactions HR 4646 - ANOTHER NEW OBAMA TAX SLIPPED IN WHILE WE WERE ASLEEP.
> Checked this on snopes, it's true! Check out HR 4646. (see below copied from Snopes)
>
> President Obama's finance team is recommending a one percent (1%) transaction fee (TAX). Obama's plan is to sneak it in after the November elections to keep it under the radar.
>
> This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financial institution - banks, credit unions,
> savings and loans, etc. Any deposit you make, or even a transfer within your account, will have a 1% tax charged.
>
>
> ~If your paycheck or your social security or whatever is direct deposit, it will get a 1% tax
> charged for the transaction.~If your paycheck is $1000, then you will pay
> Obama $10 just for the privilege of depositing your paycheck in your bank. Even if you hand carry your paycheck or any check into your bank for a deposit, 1% tax will be charged.
>
>
> ~You receive a $5,000 stock dividend from your broker, Obama takes $50 just to allow you to deposit that check in the bank~If you take $1,000 cash to deposit at your bank,
> 1% tax will be charged.
>
>
> Mind you, this is from the man who promised that if you make under $250,000 per year, you will not see on e penny of new tax. Keep your eyes and ears open, you will be amazed at what you learn about this guy's under-the-table moves to increase the number of ways you are taxed.
>
> ~Oh, and by the way, you receive a refund from the IRS next year and you have it direct
> deposited or you walk in to deposit that check, you guessed it. You will pay a 1% charge of that money just for putting it in your bank. Remember, any money, cash, check or whatever, no matter where it came from, you will pay a 1% fee if you put it in the bank.
>
>
> Some will say, oh well, it's just 1%. Are you kidding me? It's a 1% tax increase across the
> board. Remember, once the tax is there, they can also raise it at will. And if anyone
> protests, they will just say, "oh,that's not really a tax, it's a user fee"! Think this is no
> big deal? Go back and look at the transactions you made from last year's banking statements. Then add the total of all those transactions and deduct 1%. Still think it's no big deal???
>
> Copied from SNOPES.com
>
>
>
> 1. snopes.com: Debt Free America Act •••
> Is the U.S. government proposing a 1% tax on debit card usage and/or banking transactions?
> ...It is true. The bill is HR-4646 introduced by US Rep Peter deFazio D-Oregon and US Senator Tom Harkin D-Iowa. Their plan is to sneak it in after the...
> ...moved beyond proposing studies and submitted the Debt Free America Act (H.R. 4646), a bill calling for the implementation of a scheme to pay down the...
> ...[2010] by Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-Pa.). His "Debt Free America Act" (H.R. 4646) would impose a 1 percent "transaction tax" on every financial transaction...
> Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:24:58 GMT http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp
>

Thankfully it died in committee, even with liberal control of both houses and the presidency when this bill was proposed, this shows how few are willing to enact more taxes if it puts their political career in jeopardy.. :)

yet, they want to Tea Party to enact taxes for them... :shock: :eek:

hopalong said:

>
> This government just cannot think of enough ways to hurt the American people!This Bill must die FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!
>
> 1% tax on all bank transactions HR 4646 - ANOTHER NEW OBAMA TAX SLIPPED IN WHILE WE WERE ASLEEP.
> Checked this on snopes, it's true! Check out HR 4646. (see below copied from Snopes)
>
> President Obama's finance team is recommending a one percent (1%) transaction fee (TAX). Obama's plan is to sneak it in after the November elections to keep it under the radar.
>
> This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financial institution - banks, credit unions,
> savings and loans, etc. Any deposit you make, or even a transfer within your account, will have a 1% tax charged.
>
>
> ~If your paycheck or your social security or whatever is direct deposit, it will get a 1% tax
> Obama $10 just for the privilege of depositing your paycheck in your bank. Even if you hand carry your paycheck or any check into your bank for a deposit, 1% tax will be charged.
>
>
> ~You receive a $5,000 stock dividend from your broker, Obama takes $50 just to allow you to deposit that check in the bank~If you take $1,000 cash to deposit at your bank,
>
>
> Mind you, this is from the man who promised that if you make under $250,000 per year, you will not see on e penny of new tax. Keep your eyes and ears open, you will be amazed at what you learn about this guy's under-the-table moves to increase the number of ways you are taxed.
>
> ~Oh, and by the way, you receive a refund from the IRS next year and you have it direct
> deposited or you walk in to deposit that check, you guessed it. You will pay a 1% charge of that money just for putting it in your bank. Remember, any money, cash, check or whatever, no matter where it came from, you will pay a 1% fee if you put it in the bank.
>
>
> Some will say, oh well, it's just 1%. Are you kidding me? It's a 1% tax increase across the
> board. Remember, once the tax is there, they can also raise it at will. And if anyone
> protests, they will just say, "oh,that's not really a tax, it's a user fee"! Think this is no
> big deal? Go back and look at the transactions you made from last year's banking statements. Then add the total of all those transactions and deduct 1%. Still think it's no big deal???
>
> Copied from SNOPES.com
>
>
>
> Is the U.S. government proposing a 1% tax on debit card usage and/or banking transactions?
> ...It is true. The bill is HR-4646 introduced by US Rep Peter deFazio D-Oregon and US Senator Tom Harkin D-Iowa. Their plan is to sneak it in after the...
> ...moved beyond proposing studies and submitted the Debt Free America Act (H.R. 4646), a bill calling for the implementation of a scheme to pay down the...
> ...[2010] by Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-Pa.). His "Debt Free America Act" (H.R. 4646) would impose a 1 percent "transaction tax" on every financial transaction...
> Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:24:58 GMT http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp
>

This is total fantasy. This is the kind of propaganda that confuses most people because they don't know what is going on.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp

hopalong hopped on it, Hanta Yo GRRRRED at it and Steve made it into a political liberal vs. conservative argument.

This is why we can't hold our politicians accountable. There is just too much misinformation going around and everyone seems to accept it as factual.

Tex

Tex

Tex said:
hopalong said:

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Copied from SNOPES.com
>
>
>
>

This is total fantasy. This is the kind of propaganda that confuses most people because they don't know what is going on.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp

hopalong hopped on it, Hanta Yo GRRRRED at it and Steve made it into a political liberal vs. conservative argument.

This is why we can't hold our politicians accountable. There is just too much misinformation going around and everyone seems to accept it as factual.

Tex

Tex

On top of that it is an old story that was posted on here and discredited months ago.

Hey bull humper!!! Snopes last updated on July 11, 2011!!!!!!
Don't keep up on things ??????????
Or do you have so much faith in the "BIG" o not to destroy this nation that you close your eyes???
Never mind we all know that you only have eyes for BULLS :wink:

and we all know that your are only a figment of your own imagination
:D

hopalong said:
Hey bull humper!!! Snopes last updated on July 11, 2011!!!!!!
Don't keep up on things ??????????
Or do you have so much faith in the "BIG" o not to destroy this nation that you close your eyes???
Never mind we all know that you only have eyes for BULLS :wink:

and we all know that your are only a figment of your own imagination
:D

Did you actually go to snopes and actually read the real story? This new tax is the idea of one congressman. It has nothing to do with Obama. It actually looks like a good idea to me. Eliminate the federal income tax and pay off the national debt in seven years.

The old saying "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to speak up and remove all doubt" definitely fits you to a "T" hoppy.

Humper if you read the entire report on Sn9pes you will see it has been updated!!! Datewd July 11 2911.

You are kinda like a match flame can hurt a little but that is all compared to a Hellfire missile,, Go back to sleep
:wink: :wink:

hopalong said:
Humper if you read the entire report on Sn9pes you will see it has been updated!!! Datewd July 11 2911.

You are kinda like a match flame can hurt a little but that is all compared to a Hellfire missile,, Go back to sleep
:wink: :wink:

Boy oh boy I must have struck a nerve. In your haste to post you misspelled half the words in your post.

How about you actually go to snopes and read your "updated" report. It will tell you that your original forwarded e-mail was full of crap.

Gee No one knew you were such an expert on spelling!!!! NO one knew you would go to such extremes to point things out like spelling, OPPPPs no one except you and kolo=jingo=lulu=allie that is> :wink: :wink: :wink:

Kinda like your counting ability over 30 words how many words misspelled????

Guess math is not one of your strong points either<> come to think of it you do not have any strong points :wink:
I always give the last word to people like you so you can at least have something to feel good about your self :D

Did you actually go to snopes and actually read the real story? This new tax is the idea of one congressman. It has nothing to do with Obama. It actually looks like a good idea to me. Eliminate the federal income tax and pay off the national debt in seven years.

ironically if you had read it.. it would place a huge burden on the middleclass and poor..

as an example.

when I received a check, 1%
cashed the check 1%
put it in my account 1%
pulled some out for a purchase or wrote a check 1%
bought the item 1%
sold the item 1%
received the check 1%

on one dollar I would be taxed at least 7% and that tax would recur thousands of times a year.

and to top it off they would give me a 1% deduction on my income, just to insult me..

while letting Wallstreet off the hook to be tax free..

yes I read it..

Steve said:

ironically if you had read it.. it would place a huge burden on the middleclass and poor..

as an example.

cashed the check 1%
put it in my account 1%
bought the item 1%
sold the item 1%
received the check 1%

on one dollar I would be taxed at least 7% and that tax would recur thousands of times a year.

and to top it off they would give me a 1% deduction on my income, just to insult me..

yes I read it..

Yeah I would imagine paying off the national debt and eliminating the federal income tax would be just too much for you to handle. Someone that is truly conservative when it comes to their own business likes the idea of being debt-free.

Bullhauler said:
Steve said:

as an example.

cashed the check 1%
put it in my account 1%
bought the item 1%
sold the item 1%
received the check 1%

yes I read it..

Yeah I would imagine paying off the national debt and eliminating the federal income tax would be just too much for you to handle. Someone that is truly conservative when it comes to their own business likes the idea of being debt-free.

I doubt I would have a business long if I went for every damaging idea a liberal came up with.. :?

Latest posts