• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New use for an old disc

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Heel Fly

Reaction score
Our yearlings have been terrible this year about messing with their water tank. Every other day we have to go fix the float or something. The tank is a temp. tank in a pasture we rent so we can't do anything permenant. I went over yest. and they not only had the float knocked off, but they had broken the pvc where it connects to the stand up pipe. So I came home and scratched my head. I figured I'd use a short piece of pipe to protect the pvc and as I was searching for a float protecter I saw an old disc. It worked perfect I ran the stand up pipe thru it and then wrapped it in barbed wire to detour those little pests. I then set 3 posts and tied the disc off on to them, and them to eachother. After I got all of that together I set the float up under the disc so it had protection from those rotten little heifers. I didn't hook up the float last pm I let the tank fill on it's own, so they could get a drink and not crowd my project. I am headed over there right now , I'll see if it worked!! How about it what are some of your most ingenusis ideas?? I have to write mine down, they are few and far between!!

Latest posts