• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Newts 31%

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hopalong

Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/newt-gingrich-paid-31-percent-tax-rate-in-2010/

Have no idea, have not seen either of there returns but Romney reports that about 15% sounds right!

Wonder about bammies

I think it means Newt paid tax on his earned income, compared to Romney's income which was mainly investment income which was taxed at the current capital gains rates. This corresponds to Romney's statement of having little earned income. Which got me to wondering what he thought a little was. I saw a story on fox saying what they had researched so far showed $360,000 in earned income for Mitt last year.

This kind of 'hide the pumpkin while I run with it', type of attitude is not conducive to voter support, IMHO.

Mitt Romney is stupid for not getting this issue out of the way. First thing that comes to most peoples minds is what is he hiding which is feeding the mistrust they have in politicans. It is a no brainer release them and get it out of the way now so if he does win the nomination the fire is out of anything the Dems might say about the issue. :x

That goes for anything these candidates might try hide that could back to bite the party when the Dems get their hands on the evidence. Obama might have got a pass on all the information he was/is hiding but you can bet a Republican Candidate will not be given the same treatment, never have never will as the Dems are the party of Do as I say not as I do :x

but......do not discount what he gives to the Church and charities.....I have no problem with the 15% capital gains etc, but how much of his income did he give too Church and charities?

If Conservatives advocate the Church/charities taking care of the less privileged, instead of the government, then should we not see how much those that believe the same give?

Latest posts